Small corps, structures and a theoretical idea

From what I’ve seen from CCP, Any PvP without a financial motivation is considered griefing. I imagine that cores play into providing an impersonal and objective incentive to remove superfluous structures so the servers aren’t crushed under the weight of so much space trash that’s unused.

I think, to paraphrase you, balancing everything on structure ownership, even to the point where you can’t opt into being war elligible or join a war as an ally without paying for one, was a terrible idea, and probably what I’d consider their worst decision.

With respect to this, I am not personally super concerned about winning. I’ve had my nose bloodied for my PvE ways and am no stranger to being on the losing end of a conflict. If everyone fights, loses, and learns something they can apply later, I still call that a win of sorts. Forming this kind of group out of whole cloth and expecting to immediately win would be hubris, but finding people who won’t crumple over at their first loss is a challenge, and unless people can stick out a rocky start, they won’t get far, even with the numbers and funding.

A defense corp could still operate as an ally to the wardecced corporation, but it would need a structure of its own. That, or it would have to own all structures it intends to protect. In the former case, the defense corp would have to defend its own structure to maintain the right to defend any other. In the latter case, a well prepared attacker can obliterate the whole lot of structures with just a single war. Either is a potential stumbling block.

I used to ally with other PvE corporations at war as a display of solidarity. Unless they’ve changed the rules since, that should still be possible.

3 Likes

The ally then requires its own structure. Which of course would be the first target. I doubt people are going to want to rebuild Small Corp Union HQ every week.

Because you need to remove the staging citadels when you intend to evict somebody from the space. So there is a non-monetary reason for structure bashes. Same as in WH. But loot drop there is a nice bonus.

If they can defend the other structures in the alliance then I’m sure they could also defend the war HQ. They’d probably prefer to have the wardecs sent to the Union corp too since it means it wouldn’t affect their regular line members.

The whole thing falls apart because it requires small groups to form up into a massive blob, not because they wouldn’t be able to form a defense fleet.

All structures should be more of a collective system. Only so many allowed per constellation of each type. Let the residents of those areas make that choice by wallet democracy and activity.

Allowing anyone and everyone to just place them anywhere, and OWN something like the TTT (which there is no honest counter to, given that in Highsec capitals are not allowed) is cancer for an MMO.

Do they still have the stock system in game? It should be reworked and incorporated into the structure system, at least for Highsec structures.

Allow capitals into Highsec (it’s time) or disallow Keepstars.

But the attacking alliance have only to destroy the war HQ…and then they can immediately set about attacking the individual corp HQs. Members are going to have to end up paying towards both. And that war HQ is going to be a permanent juicy target for multi alliance station bashers. You’ll always have an N+1 problem.

CCP should give buffs to small Highsec corps, like jump keepstars and doom orcas, so every 1 man mining corp is able to take on the largest nullsec coalition.

EQUALITY FOR ALL!

Nullblob whiners need to stop crying and accept the challenge.

1 Like

You’re still missing the point that the plan only works if they can form a defense, and if they can form a defense then they won’t be losing the Union HQ. If you can destroy their defense force then everything else is a moot point.

Good luck to them, mutually deciding on doctrine ships, who is going to be FC, where the HQ will be, who will pay for it and how much each, what the alarm system will be, making sure everyone turns up even though in different time zones, etc, etc.

I’d actually find it a welcome challenge to go up against them. But…I doubt they will ever exist.

Yeah, I agree it’s not likely to work and if it did they would just be a new giant blob.

If you want challenging targets to go up against there are plenty that already exist.

The elephant in the room is that this HS defensive blob or union cannot use RR at a fleet level because of how RR works in hisec, so all you will do is feed kills to well set up single alliance war dec fleets. Until that is sorted this is just never going to fly.

1 Like

I just want to say that, while I think this is difficult and that there are numerous pitfalls, I do not think it’s impossible or that it’s not worthwhile to give it a try. Even if it does not materialize as envisioned, it could still produce some positive or interesting results. I tend to be a pessimist so I see the problems first and I think it’s wise to be aware of what they are, but I also think there are people out there who can see solutions to those problems I could not, and I like to give them a chance to prove to me they are my better in that respect. I should probably make more of an effort not to be a negative Nancy. I wish Githany luck in her endeavor.

1 Like

The first problem is that there are entirely too many player structures in high sec. Groups like Black Flag are doing everyone a service.

CCP needs to go back to the way it used to be. Before Citadels, you needed high faction standings in order to place a player structure in high sec. Now everyone and their dog can place a Citadel anywhere they want with no standings whatsoever. They need to be limited to 2 or 3 structures max per corp. Solo players with their 8-man alt corp placing 20 citadels all over high sec is utterly ridiculous…

3 Likes

To join as an ally you only need something like a pos or poco.

And to answer some other point, the defense corp would be made up of alts based in one location, each corp would supply the needed ships for their alts and the fleet could be moved to a timer location as needed.

Yes your right as I find many times other than one point, the whole idea is to allow players to build there high sec pve Empires, not to create content for small merc war dec groups and so for the so called defence corp.

Having said that, carebears are gonna carebear. You are not going to get high sec miners and mission runners to muster up a fleet on command just to lose their ships. It’s simply not going to happen…

3 Likes

Maybe your right but I am finding more people who wish they could do something but don’t really no what to do

Players must come to terms with the fact that you are not entitled to safely own and operate a structure in high sec. Average Joe with his 2 alts and a Raitaru stands exactly zero chance of defending it. You are playing an MMO. Get friends, and don’t anchor what you can’t defend…

2 Likes

The biggest problem with Alts…

Is the BIGGER ALT…

The simple fact that you can login MULTIPLE Alpha’s has destroyed the game.

1 Like

But that’s what I’m saying and learn how to defend it

Those players aren’t going to do anything about it. They are going to piss and moan and complain to CCP until THEY do something about it, which would more than likely take the form of Citadels in high sec not being able to be attacked, at which point we end up with 50,000 of them littering every system…

1 Like