Small corps, structures and a theoretical idea

The Small POS was a WAY BETTER option for HS Corps back in the day.

It allowed small corps to DEVELOP - something that’s just not happening now.

Once the developers get their head around the fact then EvE might be viable again.

2 Likes

You do know other non high sec alliance are basically plan this and doing it by area, making small groups join a pack or be removed, using ganking and merc to enforce it, for control of an area

that’s not QG’s doing though…

It’s CCP Design…

Small POS could be moved in 15 mins…

100 ALT’s from 100 corps - Geez, you can’t get silence on Discord in 15 mins let alone form a fleet !

1 Like

Lol it would be like herding cats

Ps at 1st

Take me, for example. I’m a solo player with an army of alts. But, I also know my limitations, so I don’t bother placing structures. At one time I had a Raitaru, and like a genius I anchored it at the sun. A few months later it got nuked, and I didn’t bother placing another one.

The old POS system worked much better than Citadels. You could only anchor them at a moon, which limited the number of them that could be placed. You also needed to have high faction standing with the faction of the space you were anchoring it in. We need to go back to that system. The current system of everyone and their dog with their piddly little 2-man corp being able to place a structure absolutely anywhere with no standings whatsoever needs to be gotten rid of…

1 Like

Of course I could ask the question another way.

If you had to find a way to defend yourself how would people do it and the only thing you may leave out is peoples laziness and unwillingness to do anything,

PLUS ONE

However…

I cannot say a BAD thing about Black Flag…

If you regard their members as “Players” and not as Enemies then the deal they offer you for anchoring WITH PROTECTION within 3 of JITA is unbeatable.
You have to remember - They FORM because of content… As do (or DID) many of us.

It’s your choice to Anchor where you like, but BlackFlag offer simply the best service of protection if your corp can’t - that just the way it is with ALT’s.

To OP - Your argument is with CCP mechanics bud - NOT with the lack of small corps…

1 Like

The answer to that is simple. There is no way other than hiring a merc corp to defend you.

The problem is that every player wants to be an aspiring emperor, have their own little domain in space, and they want to do it solo. That’s not how EVE works. If you want to own a structure and actually be able to defend it and compete with other corps and alliances, you have to get friends. Simple as that.

But from what I’ve seen, the bulk of players in high sec aren’t willing to do that, not to mention the issues of being able to get everyone together at the same time for defense of said structure…

1 Like

Players in low sec and nullsec have large groups and plenty of friends available to defend structures, so why can’t corps in high sec do the same thing? Because they don’t want to. High sec tends to attract the type of players that just wants to play solo and be left alone, yet still thinks that they should be able to have it all. Therein lies the problem…

2 Likes

I can’t except that, I remember when I started fighting gankers, so many told me you can’t do that, do you know who these guys are, well I kept going and we stopped Kusion 3 ganks in a row one afternoon.

There is always a way in Eve :thinking:

It’s not an issue if you hire BF tho…

And if you can afford to do that and still turn a profit , then I don’t any issues at all apart from the fact it creates content !

Amarr doesn’t generate that profit anymore but BF don’t operate there…

Small POS tho… Damn, those were the days and it wasn’t so easy to get the standings either - NOT that CCP ever made it easy to understand standings even to this day !

Standings limitations, or some sort of scaling limit on how many structures can be placed, sounds interesting.

Previously I had thought (and suggested) that perhaps there should be some sort of regional, constellation, or even system-based limits on citadel numbers and types allowed.

Although TBH I’ve never what the objection to having hordes of citadels out there is. Why should I care if there’s 5 citadels in a system or 50? It’s not like they make any difference to my gameplay.

The only reason I originally suggested number limitations was so people might have a reason to fight over the slots, and take someone else’s down so they could put their own up.

2 Likes

It’s NOT the difference to gameplay - It’s the difference to how they are placed “On Grid”

It’s a Mechanic failure

and Don’t even get me started on Wormholes !

Tell you what: you find a way to organize your defense fleet and get it off the ground, and as soon as you post it’s up and running I’ll send you 300 million ISK.

It’s not a lot but it can help cover some start-up costs. Send me an in-game email or just announce it on General forum. I should see it soon enough.

If I absolutely had to place my own citadel in HS, for some reason (heck knows why I wouldn’t just negotiate with someone else to use theirs), I’d look at:

• Joining a large corp with a large PvP fleet
  • Looking at the region stats to determine who is most likely to blow it up, and who their enemies might be. Then seeing if a deal could be made that if I was attacked by Corp A, I could hire Corp B to defend it.
  • Easier than managing a defense fleet on my own, would probably be to set up a protection fund for the hiring of defense mercs. Of course then you run into trust issues, performance issues, and Machiavelli’s mercenary cautions to worry about.
2 Likes

Yupp…

time to logout again for another month…

Nothing to see here…

The real problem started with CCP making it to where you can run as many manufacturing and research jobs in an NPC station as you want. In years past, NPC stations had a limited number of manufacturing and research slots available, and if you didn’t own a POS with manufacturing and research capabilities, you had to queue up at the NPC station with everyone else, sometimes for months.

If you wanted to get anything done, you absolutely had to have a POS, but they were limited to anchoring at a moon only, and you had to have very high faction standings to place them in 0.9 and 0.8 space. You weren’t even allowed to anchor them in 1.0 systems.

Yeah, how dare CCP make it so that new people starting can actually get a slot to try out manufacturing. They should wait months instead.

Dude, you are so salty about everything, which is weird because you’re a veteran player so you’ve been given handout after handout.

2 Likes

Ah okay I see, it’s the crowd that just absolutely hates to see someone have an easier and more convenient time in EVE than they had “back in the day”.

“I suffered through the years of stupid and awkward limitations, and so everyone else must suffer through them in perpetuity or it’s just not EVE.”

Gotcha. Looks like @FoxIT_Up also had no reasoning behind it other than “it’s a grid mechanic problem”. Without stating what the problem actually is…

That said, I don’t care about them, place as many limits as you like or throw a thousand citadels in every system, it’s all the same to me. I just think they should be more of a conflict driver than having a swarm of F1 monkeys flying around blowing up everything that doesn’t pay their protection racket.

4 Likes

The thing is, he didn’t suffer. By the time slot queues were a problem he’ll have already been an established player, and pretty much every expansion veterans got their wealth multiplied. It’s more that he and some other bittervets have invented a narrative that they had it tough, so everyone else must be repeatedly told how easy they have it so the bittervets can feel superior.

1 Like