SMT : Eve Map Tool

Perhaps using MVVM would have made it easier.

Also check your path handling for cross platform, I see stuff like this

string SaveDataRoot = Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.MyDocuments) + "\\SMT";

Linux and BSD don’t use paths like that.

Take a look at the Path class with Join method and DirectorySeparatorChar field. See Path Class (System.IO) | Microsoft Docs

Or a thousand other things over the last 5+ years… this is 100% a hobby project. something I started due to a frustration with the in-game maps and an excuse to play around with c#/wpf and try things out…

Yep, I know… This is the trivial part of porting it, and depending on what choice you make you can often ignore it

The main 2 headaches that i see are going to be the Universe view and the Eve Client’s logging…

For the universe view neither WPF nor Avalonia have a native control that supports layout virtualisation in a way that scales enough to make it usable for the entire universe… this is the main reason for the lack of parity between the 2 views and the almost horror show of how it works to get around the UIElement layout pass.

On the logging side, the eve client doesn’t appear to manually flush the logs to disk, and as such in-order to get file change notifications I have to force the windows file cache to flush the files to disk; I’m not sure if this is either needed, or if this trick will actually work on Mac/Linux.

As your aware this is open source and im happy to take PR’s if you want to jump in and help; infact im going to need help since I dont have access to a Mac

Open a bug ticket perhaps on Eve client.

You can force syncing files on Linux and BSD too if needed.

File scraping is an ugly and fragile method, if something is only available in a file, perhaps open a feature request on the ESI here GitHub - esi/esi-issues: Issue tracking and feature requests for ESI

Already opened a bug report… its questionable if its actually a bug; its not a requirement to force a flush, infact in certain circumstances its actually better to let the OS handle it.

There’s nothing inherently wrong with reading / monitoring files, in 5 years i can think of 1 change to the format of the log; ESI is not the mechanism to receive things like weapon hit notifications, and from a pure game balance perspective neither would be sending chat information

Perhaps in the future they could add some streaming data to the API for such data, GraphQL and gRPC support streaming data.

Possibly… I wouldn’t hold my breath and I am happy with the log files tbh… at this point id settle for a couple of bug fixes in ESI that cause me some headaches

A new small but large release : 1.10

• Moved from .net framework 4.7.x to .net core 6
  • Added the ability to import jump bridges from chat (no need to reformat
  • Follow Active Character will keep the character centred in the region view if zoomed
  • Shrunk the size of the zoom controls and tool box

Bug Fixes

• Fixed some route panel UI issues with sorting
  • Fix for overlapping range and thera markers
  • Offline characters no longer show the highlight ring

The main change in this release; and the main reason for a larger gap since the last release is a change from .net framework to .net core; this is the first part in getting it ported to Mac/Linux… from a functional perspective it shouldnt operate any differently but under the hood a fair chunk has changed…

Source and binaries here : https://github.com/Slazanger/SMT/releases/tag/SMT_110

Let me know if you have any issues; if you’d like to pop by discord and say hello join here : SMT

Slaz.

2 Likes

A new small release : 1.11

Fixes :

• Jump Bridge Importer
  • Thera list duplication

New :

• Capital Route Planner

The main change in this release is the capital route planner which is accessible on the right hand side under “Jump Planner”

Add waypoints/avoidances in the panel… choose alternate mids etc

Demo here : SMT 1.11 - Jump Planner - YouTube

Source and binaries here : [Release SMT 1.11 · Slazanger/SMT · GitHub ]
(Release SMT 1.11 · Slazanger/SMT · GitHub)

Let me know if you have any issues; if you’d like to pop by discord and say hello join here : SMT

Slaz.

2 Likes

I am probably doing this wrong as I’m a new user. But it seems to me that it’s still showing the danger zone for characters which are logged out of game and seems to be reporting intel based on those boundaries. Or am I misinterpreting this?

I did try reading the wiki but didn’t see an answer.

@Elsbeth_Muff are the characters authenticated ? the online/offline status is only known because of ESI which requires them to be authed…

A new small release, mainly focused on addressing a couple of performance hotspots :

• Optimisation of log monitoring and display (should reduce lag after long sessions)
  • Fix for multi-trigger of game log alerts
  • Partial fix for channel name detection in intel

Source and binaries here : [Release SMT 1.12 · Slazanger/SMT · GitHub ]
(Release SMT 1.12 · Slazanger/SMT · GitHub )

Slaz.

1 Like

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but the jump ranges are inaccurate. The app shows a larger range than what is jumpable via dotlan.

Where are you seeing that ? It draws a guide circle which is a guide since its a 2d map of a 3d world, however it highlights based on the calculation which ive never seen as inaccurate… it does assume JDC5 though

Will send a pm

Let me know…

A new small release :

New

• Highsec / Lowsec / Nullsec view on the Universe view
  • Updated Ship database to include new faction ships

Fixes

• Removed jump highlight from Pochven systems on the Universe View
  • Disabled Ansiblex search until the API is fixed
  • Disabled the coalition view
  • Adjustment to ClearText rendering

The main visible change is the universe view now has the systems coloured by highsec/lowsec/nullsec

Source and binaries here : [Release SMT 1.13 · Slazanger/SMT · GitHub ]
(Release SMT 1.13 · Slazanger/SMT · GitHub )

Slaz.

1 Like

A new small release : 1.14

New :

• Better text rendering
  • Outline on characters for better readability
  • Tweaked map layout
  • Additional highlight on the regions view to better see region connections

The main change this release is an improvement to the layouts and text rendering :

The text should render clearer, and there should be fewer overall overlaps with text and systems; The layouts have been slightly adjusted; the text renders centred underneath each system and finally an additional black outline is present around the characters to make them a little more visible when its busy :

Source and binaries here : [Release SMT 1.14 · Slazanger/SMT · GitHub ]
(Release SMT 1.14 · Slazanger/SMT · GitHub )

Slaz.

1 Like

Tell me - how to make sure that not everyone in delve reacts? And only 3 or 5 jumps away from me? In the settings, I set 3-or 5 anyway, the signal for the entire delve for any information. Thanks

@Alex_Gula you need to enable the danger zone…

First set the intel to be restricted to the “danger zone” by enabling the setting “Limit Sound to Dangerzone” which you can set in preferences → intel

Secondly for each character you want, set the size of the dangerzone (number of jumps from your current position) and then enable it… you can see this in the characters window

1 Like

Love this Tool!!
Is there a specific way to have Ansiblex data on the clipboard to upload it manually? I currently have an Excel worksheet that I want to pull the data from.