Fixes :

• Fix for Pochven / meta regions appearing on the universe map
  • Performance Tweaks

New:

• Updated Zoomed out Universe view
  • Clamp on ESI data overlay
  • Updated default colour scheme
  • Added new Overlay

The main part of this release is thanks to @Jaykii who provided the overlay: From the file menu you can choose “Overlay” and it will open a semi-transparent window which can be placed ontop of the eve client and will display any intel from nearby systems :

The overlay can be configured in the preferences :

You can set the range to display, and the timers for how long to keep everything active.

The other changes are to the make the data overlay a little easier to use in busy systems as it now clamps the size :

And finally some changes to the zoomed out universe view :

Source and binaries here : [Release SMT 1.16 · Slazanger/SMT · GitHub ]
(Release SMT 1.16 · Slazanger/SMT · GitHub )

Let me know if you have any issues; if you’d like to pop by discord and say hello join here : SMT

Slaz.

5 Likes

Awesome! Its an honor to see my contribution in your tool :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Where can i find the latest release?

Thank you for making this tool, it has been really helpful for orienting myself around using filaments and hunting people

1 Like

A new release : 1.17

Fixes :

• Fix for crash right clicking on overlay
  • Fix for dotlan ratting delta returning 0

Misc:

• Slight Adjustment of a few maps to help with overlap

New:

• Additional config options for the overlay
  • Hunter mode for the overlay
  • Main window position saved
  • Option to clear log folders to help with performance

The main part of this release is the addition of a hunter mode to the overlay which can be toggled by clicking the icon next to the move on the overlay:

Source and binaries here : [Release SMT 1.17 · Slazanger/SMT · GitHub ]
(Release SMT 1.17 · Slazanger/SMT · GitHub )

Let me know if you have any issues; if you’d like to pop by discord and say hello join here : SMT

Slaz.

3 Likes

A new small release : 1.18

• Fix for alliance tickers not displaying
  • Fix for crash during downtime / network connectivity loss
  • Fix for overlay snapping when moving

Source and binaries here : [Release SMT 1.18 · Slazanger/SMT · GitHub ]
(Release SMT 1.18 · Slazanger/SMT · GitHub )

Slaz.

2 Likes

Hello!

I accidentally set the OVERLAY to maximum, and now I have no way to reset its position. Any ideas?

This is a great tool. It’s open whenever I play! Keep it up!!

1 Like

I love this. Been using it for a week. Keep up the amazing work.

Request: It would be great if I had the ability to mark the map with symbols, notes, colors, and lines–or something like that… or even just a list of bookmarked systems with notes.

The Jump Bridges page on the wiki seems to be missing. How do I import JBs?

There’s a guide section in discord with a howto for the JB’s , the wiki is quite out of date now

Ughhh. Of course all the documentation is on your Discord.

Ughhh. Of course all the documentation is on your Discord.

Discord is the most upto date place; most features have been refined over the last 6 or so years

why can’t I use the find gates tab

You cant use the gate finder as CCP has 3 critical bugs in ESI which make it useless…

• it doesnt find everything
  • it finds structures which are dead and when you check it tells you they are alive
  • and finally sometimes it will just outright crash on CCP’s end

It was causing more headaches having it enabled so I disabled the search until CCP realises what a gem of a resource ESI is and how poorly they have neglected it and decide to dedicate resources to it to fix it

1 Like

thanks for all your work man, this is such a great tool :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

A new small release : 1.20… skipping 1.19 because of EVE’s 20th birthday!

Fixes :

• Fix for rare crash on init
  • Changed sorting for characters so that online characters appear first on the region map
  • Increased precision from double to decimal for universe calculations
  • Correctly calculating jump distances based on CCP Rounds version of 1LY rather than 1 actual LY

New :

• Compact mode for the characters on the region view to help in situations with lots of auth’d characters
  • Added characters to hover over on the region view

Source and binaries here : [Release SMT 1.20 · Slazanger/SMT · GitHub ]
(Release SMT 1.20 · Slazanger/SMT · GitHub )

The first change for this is the fix for some edge case jump calculations so let me know if you spot any additional oddities.

The main feature change is adding a compact mode for character displays for situations where you have lots of auth’ed characters which can be enabled in the preferences :

This will change the character display to just count the number of characters in system instead :

And to make this a little easier to use I’ve added the characters to the system hoverover

Slaz.

2 Likes

plz add a alert for faction spawns

Just installed. Thank you so much for your work.

Feature request: Like Ice fields Icons - next to systems - can u add indicators for Planetary interaction Colonies from the character’s API?

while exploring the Map Tool it occurred to me that if I could see which systems I have PI planets in - then I could easily set a route to manage them.

This feature in an advanced state could real handy for other things as well. Structure fuel management, regular market trading routes and so on. this could be implemented by a drop down to select which type u want to see on the map. Or a check mark to activate the icon type - if u can code it with the ability to have more than one icon around each system.

Not telling u how to implement this - but some Ideas.

1. Have a set of icons for various purposes (Station, PI, fuel, etc). OR just the icons and let the user attach text labels.
  2. Have an option window/Menu to toggle them on or off. To save on clutter or icon limits.
  3. Maybe not possible? but could hovering over the icons show popup with some useful PI data from those planets? Current Qty of launchpads/storage? Time left on Mining or time left until Production material exhaustion?, etc.

This feature combined with the following Route Idea.

Route Ideas.

Many people complain they cant save routes in the Eve Client.

Can we save routes in the Map Tool?

1. Make a route and save it by user supplied name.
  2. Option to push it to the client?
  3. Option to Pull the route set in the client and save in the Map Tool?
  4. Option to show Multiple Saved Routes on the map at same time?
  5. Ability to create one combined route from multiple saved routes on the map? No special complex subroutines required these are fixed routes and the only pathing calculations would be from current position to start of the fixed route.

Thanks In advance

I am sure there are other good options to add. its basically more route planner options.
This sounds like a mouthful of coding. And I may be getting greedy as the user, lol. but basically its just a whole group of smaller packages that can be used individually or together.