So, what if

Technically the people who would benefit are like only two people at CCP, and all of the Pearl Abyss stockholders.

4 Likes

The only way to effectively control the ~20 Alt army would be through inputting mouse and KB commands to multiple windows at the same time. Which is banned, and would be easy to spot and report. There would also be hordes of gangs out looking for the Army “just for fun”

As far as the market idea is concerned, its utterly pointless.

When all is said and done that 40K dollars would be in everyone elses pockets, and you would have achieved nothing.

2 Likes

You do you boo…

It is ok.

It is fine.

2 Likes

Hmmm looking at the Isk confiscations from botters… (which is just the tip of the iceberg…) … way more €€€€ would be requirded to make even some kind of impact…

LMAO, thanks for the laughs and input guys, in this semi serious thread.

In reality, if I were to do this, it would only be to mop the floor solo with annoying smaller gatecamps around LS and FW only, and be of tactical/strategic use to the groups I support ingame.

Nothing beyond that.

I am seriously considering this though, as RL financials took a complete U-turn lately, and am looking at a fair (understatement …) amount of pocket money, the 40k was not exaggerated.

So definitely looking for the best ideas out there how best to put that money to use for the game.

1 Like

Give it to Hilmar, he knows what’s best for the game. :wink:

:smirk: :smiling_imp: :popcorn:

“Best for the game” is incredibly subjective, and depends on what goals you have, what you’re passionate about, and how much of it you plan to spend on yourself vs others. No one can tell you, except you.

I am sure, just like in real life, there are plenty of people out there who will gladly tell you how to use the fiat/ISK, and in some way it’ll coincidentally involve giving them that fiat/ISK.

I’m happy for your RL fortune, but it’s also going to be a curse. Be very wary.

Good luck out there. If you do anything, would love to hear about the EvE journey you wind up taking (whether written / blogged, video recorded / vlogged, etc).

Send me £20k, and ill double it for you… :smiley:

I wonder if it works as well IRL too?

3 Likes

Best for the game would be to run an event possibly alongside a streamer(s), offering 400 packs worth $100 each randomly to players who post a link to a video of their new-ish character engaging in a fleet battle of any sort or size - win or lose.

Anything along those lines. All depends on how strongly motivated you are, and what creative things you can think of.

2 Likes

Yes it works in IRL just as well, but you will get arrested for this.

He already owns it, if OP has already turned the PLEX into isk.
Or the Korean overlords do, rather.

I already have the alt army and 14 years of knowledge, I could use a sugar daddy.

Just plex my accounts and PP me $1000/week, ROFL

I like the idea. Some of the out-of-pod intrigue in this game keeps me coming back.

Eve players seem to divide themselves naturally into two groups:

1. The players that want to play mostly solo, who seem to want to solve NPC type problems and make a bunch of isk,
  2. The players that are mostly interested in player-player interactions.

I think you could generate a lot of tears from the first group. The second group would find your antics interesting and they would interact with you and consider it valid “content.”

Also, I am pretty sure that there are hundreds of people that have dropped $40k or more on this game. It wouldn’t really even move the needle.

1 Like

You Are Not My Princess!

Can we all agree and take a step back tho, OP got some issues?

I mean your money is your money but blowing 40k on EVE is just, sad my guy.

If someone knows IRL, I’d def do a wellness check for real.

Coming into some money and thinking, “I wanna blow it all on spaceship vidya game” is probably not the healthiest mindset to be at :smiley:

7 Likes

Looking at the amount of isk confiscated every month from botters, he should spend at least 100k € in order to make a difference.

The RMT bois have this game under control.

1 Like

what if, there was a record company controling rap, controling mcs…