So when does the new mechanic for ganking and standings drops take effect?

It fell and rolled off frame :smiley:

Thats from Jackson’s 86 tour, where he used a headset mic during the dance routines

I am selfish because I seek out a certain kind of gaming experience?

Your “solution” for me seems to be “conform to my standard and forget about your own personal wants and desires.” And then you call my argument that we’re a minority being forcefully marginalized by the majority “extreme alt-right propaganda”?

Your lack of self-awareness is stunning.

4 Likes

What I want is an even playing field. It is not selfish to want an even playing field, just because the rule set of the game is one that you don’t find enjoyable.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s a virtual mic, your statement will virtually be pulverized :smiley:

For one of you, randomly traveling to null and dying quickly is proof it isn’t safe. For the other, that someone who randomly travels to null dies quickly is proof that it is safe.

2 Likes

The thing is, to be fair @Ramona_McCandless wrote that there isn’t any PvP in Null, which should be even easier to debunk.

1 Like

But there isnt.

You not being in Null wont debunk anything

Perhaps the solution is to have a system where those freighter pilots are at risk every jump, where scouts and webbing ships are required, where each jump without these things is a leap of faith into the unknown, where literally anything could happen to put the whole cargo run in jeapordy.

That certainly sounds a lot more active than mindlessly setting desto, going for a long walk, and coming back to everything where you wanted it.

But hey. What do I know, right?

1 Like

That’s not entirely true. -10’s not being able to tether OR dock in a ship is a big deal. They can dock in a pod and board a ship, but once they undock they can’t redock. This will allow people to hunt them and stop them from warping away or redocking. All good changes. :heart:

Well when another capsuleer engages me in Null it will prove there’s PvP in Null. :man_shrugging:

No it wont because you wont be in Null.

And theres no way for you to prove a PvP encounter occurred even if you were.

Why won’t I be in Null? I can’t fly there?

zKillboard will show it occured, with today’s timestamp too.

I don’t disagree that flying freighters is boring. It’s why I don’t do it. But I know people that enjoy it too, so that’s cool.

What I don’t get is why removing the likelihood of anything happening - and removing a lot of the requisite knowledge/experience that makes highsec freightering - is a good thing.

If it is now essentially pointless ganking freighters (check the stats on zkill), then there is no point in skilling for things like tank and agility, implants for the same, scouts, web-alts, knowledge of geography, jump freighter shortcuts, Pochven runs, all the various elements of gameplay in the highsec freight world.

Worse, there’s now no point in using services such as pushX or red frog, as the guys in those corps who’ve made an eve career out of being the best haulers around now cannot compete with afk alt number 11789.

This is such a sad state of affairs for the game - and to see otherwise experienced people defending the destruction of playstyles (not just the gankers, but the industries their nefarious ways facilitate) is just depressing.

For the sake of a few vocal minority being shirty about what’s been normal Eve gameplay for two decades, we are seeing the beginning of the end of the game and what it has been lauded for.

2 Likes

You cant fly into Alliance membership. You have to know someone who will let you in first.

ZK will show that a text string was written claiming your ship was destroyed. Thats all.

These Venture kills really pay off!

1 Like

Whoever talked about “Alliance Membership”? o.O
Anyone can fly to Nullsec

It will show my ship got destroyed. Don’t try to minimize zKillboard as proof of PvP just because you know your statement is incorrect.

Exactly, that ALL

1 Like

Ok so we are changing the goalposts now.

Fine. You wont get far into it though.

Because its not. If you die by ANY means you can report it on ZK. But now you are going to argue that letting yourself be killed by a friend is some kind of PvP even though theres actually no versus.

You do know what Versus means, right?

What ?

At the end of the day it realy doesnt matter because you wont waste your time actually doing anything.

Thats the new EvE player code; do nothing, ask for handouts.

No, this is the goalpost:

‐-----------------------------------‐----

Backpedaling?

Oh! I see. I’m the one arguing in bad faith now??

Im sorry that different words having differing meanings is hard for you to grasp.

You always have been.