So who's still actually doing anything in Eve ? And what is it your actually doing and why?

I dont know how many a fair share is, but theyve not lost any of the ones Ive regularly visited.

Because you can no longer anchor a structure without one.

But you can recover the core when you move the structure, so the cost really didnā€™t double. And if you can defend your structures, this should be a nonissue for you (unless you have so little money that you canā€™t afford to invest in it).

You still need to purchase the core in the first place.

Ive already stated I couldnt do that for my structures. If I move one now it will cost a core which is the same price as the structure.

Well I find it hard that youā€™d quit over a few hundred million ISKā€¦

I think you are misunderstanding the situation.

Im playing to keep my coreless legacy station fuelled. I want to keep that station alive for various reasons. I wont buy a core because I dont want to give in to CCPs ridiculous idea.

If someone destroys it, then Ive nothing left to do and I can quit.

But I choose not to put a core in it.

This may not fit with most peopleā€™s idea of how this should play out, but I made that station when I did have a corp and alliance, so it has a bit of meaning.

Now its all thats left, but Ill be damned if I left CCP drive me out with their stupid cores.

1 Like

PI and Missions sometimes I haul for friends in my BR-DST when I super bored. I pretty much shut down my industry of making ships/ammo/weapons.

Iā€™m just shitposting on the forums. No motivation to play at the moment. Game looks more and more like a store front than a game.

Anoms, selling escalations, occasional mining, and exploration.

And laughing at the doom and gloom forum warriors.

Also successfully avoided a gank in my marauder the other day. Bastion mode weapon timer is a frightening experience when a bunch of HACs land on grid.

I donā€™t get to play much, but I facilitate helping the USIA customers getting quotes etc.

Still running bomber fleets with Bombers Bar, plus dabbling with some black ops BS hot-dropping.

Thereā€™s always the thrill of the hunt, or the thrill of not really knowing whatā€™s the other end of the cyno until you land on grid. That never changes.

2 Likes

Well, I stopped playing a couple of years ago. I think it was a bit of a slow fade. But life happened. Then about a week ago, I decided to login to see if my character still existed. It did, which is cool. I stopped paying for Omega state quite some time back, because I didnā€™t login often enough, nor did I keep my training queue topped up. So now Iā€™m just in Alpha state. Feeling a little hamstrung by what I canā€™t do anymore. Kinda doubtful that I want to pay regularly again for this game.

But for now, Iā€™m station trading mostly. I sometimes pick up a small courier contract, or go mine some rocks. I do like being back, but unless I find a bunch of people with the appropriate goals and mindset, then I probably wonā€™t stick around.

Same things Iā€™ve been doing for a decade. Mining, making, shootingā€¦ nothingā€™s really changed. Did just lose my Raitaru before Christmas. That was actually a lot of fun. Had some PvP for the first time in a long time (mostly PvE player). Didnā€™t blow anyone up but I managed to chase them off while they were hitting my armor, got the station repaired, squirreled out a fortune in stuff that I didnā€™t know couldnā€™t be removed while damaged.

They came back with a much larger force after that and finished me off. I tried to blow up the core before they could scoop it, but Iā€™m so snuggly I forgot to turn my safeties off. Stillā€¦ theyā€™ve saved me a fortune in fuel in the long run.

2 Likes

Merry Christmas to you too.

I came back after a year break in October to support some friends with a war dec and to look at what they were doing. My break was mainly because I was bored and was not finding anything rocking my boat and when I was subjected to biased ISD moderation decided a break was needed to punish CCP for poor management.

Just completed moving most of my stuff to a new staging location, had to move through Uedama so was a pain but acheived with no loss to gankers.

Will be heading into nullsec once more but with a small foot print. Will set up low maintenance PI, do some mining, and dash to the response fleet when someone wants to get murdered by me and my friends.

Will get back into selective manufacturing and once set up will start to pick off some selected bad guys in roams and the like with sustainable low cost PvP.

Suggest that you take a break like I did and come back when you feel up to it.

o7

PS It helps that one of the guys in my TZ is super chill, super intelligent and has the same sort of game play as I do, add to that a late staying up US player who has really got into PvP, and it is rocking pretty good.

2 Likes

Itā€™s been great having you around , i got to know you from the forums when i started this line of eve play, and you have helped loads , talking me out of my mad ideas and pointing me in the right places.

Have a great new year and i hope null is good to you .

2 Likes

Thanks Githany, you and those around you have moved AG in a great direction, by making it fun and by having fun, may your list of kill rights be long and well usedā€¦

2 Likes

Wait what?

That one missed me completely. I like mining and as far as Iā€™m concerned things are getting better and better! Iā€™ve just refitted all my mining ships, training new skills and getting ready for some great mining fleets.

What am I doing? Winter Nexus sitesā€¦ lots and lots of them and getting stinking rich in the process. Abyssal space just for a little change every now and then from all the Winter Nexus sites. Research of BPO, updating the fittings of my ships with extra bling funded by all the Winter Nexus sites Iā€™m doing Oh and as another side line just to distract me a little from all the Winter Nexus sites I bought a Bowhead BPC pack to build.

Sigh once more a comment like this ā€œsome thing is wrong with the gameā€ can you get anymore vague? How about listing a few of these ā€œfailuresā€ and explaining why they are ā€œfailuresā€ Eve online is all about change and adapting keeping things a challenge and fresh, change is good. If you canā€™t change or adapt then the problem is with you not the game.

1 Like

Holding corps are still valid. Once setup they mask the real owners identities who may be targets through their use of expensive ships regularly in and around trading hubs from station/gate hugging risk adverse PvP corps who like to war dec as many corps as possible in the hope of getting cheap and easy kills rather than fights.

I admire the beautiful visuals.

2 Likes

Still trading from big hub to small hubs. Aslong as there are eve players, no update will stop my trading as there will always be profits to be made.

1 Like

Taking advantage of the mining buffs (not nerf) that CCP gave us, while increasing my mining ship count, along with building up stockpiles and isk.
Occasional PVE when I get a good site (or event is nearby)
Occasional PVP when someone comes through our home/find a juicy target

So many people bash CCP for this update. It isnā€™t bad once you sit down and actually start looking at it.

2 Likes