So you just bought CCP

The initial responses started out great…

1 Like

You found it funny to abuse the good faith of innocent gamers?

No no, you don’t get to come back from this one, and I’m retaining a full quote of it for posterity in case of edits.

1 Like

innocent gamblers. and now you know why i dont play eve online. youre a sucker and ccp knows it.

You added the loot boxes AFTER you made the game, you don’t get to make that distinction. Not to mention, you made it with someone else’s assets. So you don’t get to have an unhypocritical value judgement of anyone else’s morality.

Forum PvP is EVEs endgame content. In that regard, you very much play EVE. Despite being hilariously bad at it.

1 Like

All that kid has done since making that character is lie and (attempt to) troll.

Your buttons are too easy to push, Remiel. I know this from experience.

Just assume he’s 13 and has a vocabulary that consists of memes and radicalized right wing platitudes and ignore him. Or have fun with him. But don’t believe a thing he writes.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I just bought CCP and…

• would move development to my city Barcelona, which is like 500% more liveable than Iceland and is that more attractive for foreign talent. Also has a population 6x larger which would make easier to find native talent
  • would look for and examinate every piece of data gathered before Rubicon and afterward to check my theory that CCP began developing for fans rather than their main source of income, painting EVE into a place akin to a corrosion corner
  • with the appropiate data & new personnel, I would pump up highsec with a) new agent missions and b) new solo PvE content with exclusive rewards, with aim to c) make highsec its own endgame
  • in the long run, would look for adding/developing more ways to play EVE Online until making it “the ultimate sci fi simulation”, always based on enjoyable and fun content
  • then once it was fun and ejoyable would rename it into something else since it would no longer be EVE Online, but, whatever.
3 Likes

TBH this.

Except for “remove local”, I agree with most of the points. Local is not an issue, it’s a solution to issues.

With regards to cutting down on renters: Good luck with that. To make this happen, you would have to delete large portions of contemporary players’ mindsets and you would have to delete Super Capitals and Titans from EVE.

With regards to the actual topic: Turn a lot of sov null sec into NPC null sec. The most fun I have had in EVE was when I lived in active NPC null sec with lots of groups of varying sizes around me with whom I could interact regularly without fearing that I would either lose my income source nor my home. Sov null sec is mostly barren and boring in comparison.

It’s trivially easy to derail threads. Some posters just come here for it. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

I’ve always wondered if people knew that the only difference from beginning to endgame in mmorpgs is the character stats and items used. essentially as soon as you start playing eve if you dont enjoy it then you wont enjoy it later when you have better gear and a higher stat character. so essentially you can warp to some asteroids and mine or pve a low level ship and get the eve experience and if you dont enjoy that you never will later on. the endgame can be as soon as you spawn as a low level.

1 Like

It’s a way too powerful, zero-effort intel tool that facilitates botting immensely and gives all the trash players false expectations. Local in its current form is very much an issue.

Translated: “I don’t understand EVE Online.”

Yet, all suggestions to change local would make it worse so I don’t see any reason to change it. Let’s see who buys CCP first so that we can implement our ideals. :laughing:

you can also chat to some locals and pretend youre fighting in a alliance as you shoot the pve ship. same thing.

The EVE experience is PVP. No, it’s not the same thing. There is nothing like the thrill of actual PVP in this game. Not if you’re doing it properly.

You realize that this is how EVE works already, right? None of the rare and good items come from NPC sell orders. They were all found by doing PVE and PVP in space.

the pvp in this game isnt balanced. someone has a better ship. you only like it cause you like gambling and got lucky.

No, the PVP is balanced. To a point. For the rest of the balance that the game doesn’t provide, it expects you to fill it in. Someone has a bigger ship? Get a bigger one yourself. Someone has more ships? Make some friends. You’re still thinking about EVE in terms of other MMOs. Stop. EVE is unique. It’s not like other MMOs and it’s not meant to be. PVP ‘balance’ is working as intended.

1 Like

Players who don’t look for the thrill are more loyal, have more money and play longer.

EVE won’t never be competing to actual PvP games like battle royales or MOBAs.

What makes EVE PvP special is how little of it happens and how far apart are actual fights. Most of EVE are not PvP fights, but PvE and waiting for stuff to happen.

2 Likes