[SoERR] Humanitarian aid in the current Empire crisis

With Respect,

I know I have not been invited to comment by any of my betters, and therefore I humbly offer my sincerest apologies for speaking out of turn. I wish, however, to give voice to my thoughts, as insignificant as they may be.

That The Empire faces an enemy without is an everyday fact. That we also face an enemy, indeed even enemies, within is also obvious. That both these groups, whosoever they may be, seek to weaken us by causing division and distrust is also a fact.

We subjects of Her Most Imperial Majesty must remain Faithful and Steadfast in God, knowing that we, as God’s Chosen, shall prevail. We must also trust that the Inquisition of His Highness Lord Sarum, as well as the Intelligence Agencies of the Empire, both military and civilian, will uncover the enemies within, and that when they do, these enemies shall be dealt with, again whosever they may be, and wheresoever they may lurk.

In the meantime, the Defenders of the Empire, all of them, must work together to defeat and eradicate the enemies we can see. First, those who pose an immediate and clear threat, such as the vile heretics who have performed such a hideous act, and then those other enemies as present themselves, wherever they may come from.

I am no military strategist, I have no place to suggest what my superiors and betters should and should not do, nor do I seek to, but the things I say are things I would like to witness happen, were God in Infinite Mercy to grant such wishes.

Nor do I have any illusions that those who have no loyalty to the Empire, or who actively despise us will hark to these words, though I shall speak them regardless. Before you undertake the actions you feel are best, I humbly ask that you consider the potential consequences of those very actions. That you have no love for us, I accept, yet if there is but a shred of humanity within your heart, remember that many, many innocent lives have been lost because of the selfish, wicked actions of those who had more power than they, the power to inflict evil and harm. Those like us, the capsuleers. Will inflicting more make for a better life for the innocents? I think not.

Surely we, creations of the greatest power, with the greatest potential to harm, also have the greatest responsibility to protect the less powerful, and the powerless?

I offer apologies again if I have spoken weakly, out of turn, and perhaps without clear point, though I hope my meaning can be discerned should it not be clear enough.

Amarr Victor,

Ensign Lady Ekaterina Mariya deSilvestris.

5 Likes