I started playing eve with the catch of the market and industry which i like a lot but i got bored of making ISK in Jita without doing nothing “fun” anymore for me.
I started training for solo hunting bc i watched the whaling documentary of Olmeca Gold and loved it so i wanted to give whaling a try.
So, I picked a caracal and some singals needlejacks to try to hunt someone. To my surprise i hunted a ratting vexor and a two tackers on my first try, I got that eve shackes, now i knew what i wanted to do. On my second one i hunted two or three ratting vexors and then died to the response fleed. It was nice.
On my third roam I wanted to try something diferent so I changed to a stealth bomber because i love the stealth part. I found a mining op so I destroied some retrievers and covetors and after that I managed to catch a hulk who was leaving and also killed him. After that I tried to hunt a vexor but i didnt apply well so i could not kill him. I saw a lot of Ishtars that didn’t warp off when i was in local and i wondered if i could kill em but I could not break their tanks with a solo stealth bomber.
I am wondering how and which with ship could i kill those Ishtars if anyone have done so.
I am skilling to a loki ( already subsystems to 5 and good skills in HAMs ) but i want to practice solo hunting before I jump to a 1 billion ISK ship.
I am asking advanced advice to start solo hunting.
I would like to know:
- Logic progress from my point of (little) experience. ( I don’t want the tipical go learn pvp in fw, I tried it but was super boring for me, I want to hunt )
- Can I kill Ishtars with a SB? If so, with what fit? How would u do it? If not, what ships will do the work?
- Good solo ships for solo roaming NULLSEC, I’ve seen the hecate is good but i dont think it will break a Ishtar? Any idea is good for me thanks! I have good skills in minmatar cruisers and missiles.
- Good fit for a HAM Loki if anyone has it and advices to how to fly it.
- How do you find sistems with miners? I know how to fins ratters using dotlan but i dont know about miners.
Any extra tips or advices will be super apreciated!