Solo miners, are you making a loss when you factor in electricity usage?

Oh brother. Opsec…lol. Actually it’s a Chinese lady who’s been mining ( with a Catalyst ) in those areas for months. I’ve even seen her unload her ore in the station nearby. She’s harmless…I’ve had her mining with a Catalyst near me on many occasions in various systems. The point is…it makes nonsense of your’ oh my god…a Catalyst…run for the hills ! ’

And I deliberately blanked out both the name and the asteroid belt, so nobody’d know exactly where to look.

They know the system brother. I’m still suspicious that you just used an alt. I’ve been killing Chinese farmers since WoW days. She would def at least use a venture. Def not a cata.

Yes, opsec. Further proof you know nothing of PvP.

Lol. Why does everyone here have to have some mega-conspiracy when the most obvious explanation will do ? The lady is simply oblivious to the fact that a Catalyst is not the best craft to mine with.

She’s harmless…but there IS an opsec going on in that region. The head of a newly formed ‘mining corp’ consistently shows up as flashy orange. He tries to provoke by ( even in an otherwise empty asteroid belt ) mining the same asteroid as someone else. See…I am not totally stupid…and that mining corp head is gonna shortly have an encounter with my Catalyst.

As for alts…lol…both my 2 alts have nothing more than shuttles and are used solely to spy on systems I a m about to go to. I most definitely am a newbro…though I’ve been in online games ( Team Fortress and Counterstrike I started with ) since 1998.

Ironically, as a member of Run Or Die ( ROD ) clan I was probably one of the very original gankers.

And then you discovered Asteroid Jesus and changed your evil ways?

No…I think Dirty Harry is the Eve role I’m heading towards.

I’m glad that I enjoy EVE, instead of crying about it.

2 Likes

Romantic, but extremely impractical.

You will quickly find that most of the people you want to “protect” wouldn’t actually piss on you if you were on fire, and will end up fighting only for yourself and your close friends.

Also, you’re not going to get there by mining. If you want to achieve something like that, you’ll have to drop all notions of carebear PvE (aside from some limited, high-intensity PvE like abyssals for baseline money-making) and switch your focus to learning how to fight other players. This will entail spending a considerable amount of time as a pirate in some form.

1 Like

I wont be out to ‘protect’ anyone…I’ll just be keeping a scan out for anyone with a red ‘bad standing’ and will deliver ‘make my day…punk’ Catalyst ( or whatever ) style. It will be fun !

Dirty Harry was a cop, he didn’t blast punks so that he could brag to bitches at the club, pardon my French.

1 Like

Dirty Harry’s entire issue was that the cops were not dealing with the baddies and a little ‘proactive’ action was required. Sound like the issue with Concord to you ? It does to me. Dirty Harry is a perfectly legitimate game style…it sure as heck is if ganking is.

CONCORD is a kill trigger. They can’t make it a proactive kill trigger because that would essentially eliminate ganking from the game.

I’m not saying it’s not legitimate, just that it’s impractical.

CONCORD is not the police.

CONCORD is the inflatable bumper in the gutter of the bowling lane, it’s there to keep your ball rolling forward even when you are totally incompetent.

My ball is too big to fit in the gutter…

Sigh. That isn’t what opsec means.

Maybe they don’t care about opsec?

As long as you’re maintaining tight hole control, opsec isn’t that important.

Just fyi - it is very easy to determine which asteroid belt a ship is in (or what planet etc they are at) simply using the D-scan (Directional Scanner) every ship has.
Then there are combat scanner probes, which are another story.

Very true. 72 hr hole control at that.

Methinks she doesn’t know this.

Maybe that could be the latest strategy of catalyst gankers who are in for it to maintain the order instead of earning ISK. They could just move around in droves in their resource wasting catalysts burning all the roids denying the ore from the miners as a form of scorched-belt strategy. They could even sell asteroid preservation permits. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

We could’ve had that, but the bears whined and now CCP canceled plans for mining waste.

So now we are “proving” things in game by doing them with our alts and taking pictures.

Cool, just checking