[Solved] Hello.myfonts.net - certificate error

turned out d3d11 library was disabled in wine configuration (by playonlinux installer script)
after enabling it (set to “builtin then native”) launcher launches again

so basically problem was on my side, but still - it worked like a charm for almost a month, so somebody DID change something when compiling launcher update

2 Likes

My Windows is dead now. Thank you CCP.

Just like that or did you click around?

When you instal and reinstal 50 times c++ and rest… ■■■■ happen…

Yeah true, reinstalling again and again may not be the best course of action. That’s why I proposed to circumvent the Webgui for the Launcher, for instance by just starting it with option -d from command line.
It’s not a enduring solution, but trying from this angle could make the game playable again without fiddling too much with the system.

There is also a reddit thread where someone recommended to unplug the screen on which the launcher is normally starting up, so it loads on the other screen. It seems this has fixed it for a few people.

Generally, it’s better to try the least invasive options first. Too much installing/reinstalling and hoping it will somehow work out can be a solution, but it can also damage your system.

(Try booting Windows in safe mode and fix it from there)

I read that win 10 still can fail on startup after late Spectre patches, even for AMD processors. What a :poop:storm around, every day brings surprises.

Well after trying all this fixes my win7 is finally dead. Thanks, for pretending that nothing is happening. I cant bealive that you didnt said a one fckn word about all this problems we are having. Is it possible to pause omega status?

You can ask for compensation with a support ticket. Usually, when something like this is happening, they will grant you the gametime you’ve lost (if you ask for it).

who can say atleast approximately when they can correct the error eve launcher.

my еве launcher is completely dead!

I do not even see it! I uninstalled and downloaded again eve launcher… but nothing opens! Windows responds to it as a virus!

in other games I go freely. this means that the problem is not in my computer, not in my settings! I wish everyone good luck!

Thank you, this is some progress, but:

After clicking play on tranquility,
I got a login screen,
entered details,
and after clicking connect got following error:
Screenshot%20from%202018-08-28%2015-24-29

1 Like

My launcher on one of my computers is also completeley dead after the update. Reinstalling did not help.
Windows Event log shows this:
Faulting application name: evelauncher.exe, version: 5.0.137.1204, time stamp: 0x5b7e90c9
Faulting module name: evelauncher.exe, version: 5.0.137.1204, time stamp: 0x5b7e90c9
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000660d8
Faulting process id: 0x1878
Faulting application start time: 0x01d43ecc075ef350
Faulting application path: C:\EVE\Launcher\evelauncher.exe
Faulting module path: C:\EVE\Launcher\evelauncher.exe
Report Id: cf8ac766-32f1-4a9b-bd80-0ebf766a0c85
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I’m still getting this issue, had to reinstall a few times, I logged a ticket yesterday but can’t say I’m getting anywhere. If I remember to click cancel on the patch download I can play but it’d tedious and yet again, again, again, CCP response is poor to say the least.

Do we know if there is going to be a new update, a new hotfix maybe, or this is it? Or is there is going to be a possibility to get the old one back? Any devs online??

Is there any reason a 15 year old multimillion dollar global company cant develop their OWN FREAKING FONT?

WOULDN’T THE ART TEAM DO THAT??

ALL THEY FREAKIMG DO IS CASH GRAB WITH RE-COLORING SKINS.

MAKE THEM ART UP A FREAKING EVE FONT INSTEAD OF USING 3RD PARTY LIKE SCUBS

Welp, I see the same. It always used to work, so I didn’t check if the login actually goes through. I suppose this was deactivated as a measure against brute force attacks. Sorry.

This means that something in evelauncher.exe is pointing to something that doesn’t exist or for instance memory that isn’t mapped. In return the game crashes.

This again probably means that re-installing EVE will not be of any help. The only thing you could try is to check that all the other stuff is installed (VC++, D3D11), Service packs and all updates have been installed, wimtricks corefonts installed (for wim users) and such. Re-installing the EVE Launcher will not fix the issue.

@Tanako_Katara any chance you could run a debugger to see what part of evelauncher is causing the issue?

anyone tried installing this?

For the Linux-&-Wine-people: This is how I made EVE run again. But I’m not repsonsible for any damage it causes to your eve or linux.
So while searching for a solution I found this old post:
https://forums-archive.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6503381#post6503381
I downloaded the tar.gz, followed the instructions and its working again. Starting eve with the shellscript is different from what I used to do but I’m just happy that I can play eve again.

PS: you can x-up here if you dont know how to open a terminal or how to run a shellscript.

I don’t have a debugger available. Sorry. Will try the prerequisites and see if it helps.

1 Like