[Solved] Hello.myfonts.net - certificate error

To me it says TQ version 1371762

First: thank you for your time you are spending to try to help us :slight_smile:

The course of events that led to my problems was exactly the same as in Void_Touch case.
And I still am unable to start eve :frowning:
I tried out the LogLite which is pretty informative. Funny thing is, as far as I can see from the log, it pretends that the launcher has started correctly, while I’m still getting no launcher window but the wine error message that the qtwebengine.exe is faulty.

So thinking about it: either the qtwebengine.exe is indeed broken, or wine is only thinking its broken, maybe because the .exe is doing something different that usuall or is missing parameters, etc, I dont know :frowning:

And it all started with that sudden launcher update, like Void_Touch described.

Hehe when I started launcher earlier I actually clicked everything else than “Ignore”, against what CCP wrote earlier. Then closed the launcher. Now everything works fine for me. I turned off computer and turned it on again in the meantime tho. I am on win 7.

the cache is empty as i did a reinstall but the launcher will still not load

My launcher version:

l_ver

It received update when I started it up this morning.

Ah yeah, I got the hotfix as well.

Are you also using Linux/Wine like the others who got the problem?

When i go to that hotfix link, nothin is heppening, just endless loading, and still cant even start launcher to get to white screen

Yeah, this has been going on for a while now. Not sure whay they changed it. It might actually be a simple UserAgent Filter or something like that, that “prevents” you to look at the webpage in a Browser.

As for the problem, I think the best course of action is for each to write a support ticket asap. It seems that mainly Linux/Wine users are affected, right? Or anyone with just regular Windows or OSX experiencing the same?

Win 7, and i reported the bug

So, I killed the QtWebEngineProcess just for fun, while the Launcher was running fine. I see the whitescreen you guys reported, but I can still acecess the Launcher Menu.

With (intentionally) broken Launcher,I go to:

1. Launcher Menu (on top of Screen for me, detached from Launcher itself)
  2. “View” (this menu item could be called differently for you, I’m using OSX, just look around all the tabs)
  3. Server List
  4. Click: Play on Tranquility
  5. Wait for it to start, Login, Play

It’s not a real solution, but might help you guys for the time being. At least oyu can play.
@Vily @Brankos_BasCelick @Fluffy_Moe @CoffinQueen @Lt_Rockmuncher @Void_Touch @isevisa_isevisa
tell me if that worked for you

tl;dr the Qt process that crashes should not stop you to play the game if you login the other way around

1 Like

World of Warcrafts launcher doesn’t have this problem.

Ccp make your own font and quit being a B-Level dev company.

EMBARRASSING for eve again. What a joke

The company we licence the web font from forgot to renew their certificate.

2 Likes

My second thought was “How did I forget how to spell “Licence”?”

The Launcher Backend is ver. 1371204, the Launcher UI is ver. 1371204.2934-hotfix and TQ (client and server) is ver. 1371762.

2 Likes

Lack of coffee, it’s always lack of coffee.

1 Like

No, it’s not working for me, I don’t have a white screen in launcher window, I can’t start launcher at all, just error 0xc000007b, tried reinstaling .net and visual c++, launcher, drivers… but nothig is working
Win 7 SP1

I’m on Win 10 build 1803. After a hardboot I can play the game though despite this error popping up. Just hope it doesn’t cause more errors and have to completely uninstall and reinstall the game again.

no, it does not work. I can not go anywhere. my eve launcher is dead! thanks and sorry.

the idea of launcher being prevented to launch at all after minor problem with small window not affecting anything is simply fascinating )

back to being serious: fedora/playonlinux - everything tried did nothing (cleared caches, fresh installation, hotfix not being downloadable at all)

sad

1 Like