Some bad game concepts

lol, nope but nice try.

If the police/authorities stepped in and physically stopped or prevented all unlawful actions in the Real World then “Oppressive Police State” is exactly what someone would say. I wouldn’t like it - and can think of some reasons why it actually is a really bad idea.

Yes, and they people the track down and bring them to justice are only criminals after the offence has been committed - they don’t follow everyone around just in case they are about to commit a crime so they can jump in and stop it. I don’t know any police service with that kind of resource available to it.

Actually, they are criminals only after they are duly convicted in a court (or in some cases admit guilt) - they are accused until then.

But we digress from the OP’s original misery.

1 Like

The ability to control multiple Omega accounts at the same time is not a bad concept.

/Also undercutting some order is called Shorting the stock!

I’d love to see the RL Police Force that is flying around in space with warp capabilities, lasers and electronic warfare, with a mandate to destroy the criminals property on the spot.

There’s nothing real about EVE.

1 Like

The tears seem pretty real… most of the time.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Maybe you’re the one who needs to see beyond your own perceptions of this situation. New players need more options besides buying/swiping plex for the occator. Your limited and cornered perception of this situation is the true symptom of the problem - not that a pillot dared to say that getting ganked in high sec is a a silly mechanic if you’re not going to offer newer players real alternatives.

No one can think outside the little pens of game play CCP have made.

1 Like

Yeah, Detectives go after criminals who may get away with the first, second, etc criminal acts but eventually they get caught and are put away. Where I live it’s a 3 strike rule, after that you’re a repeat offender / career criminal and are put away.

Concord is reactionary only.

Throws you off doesn’t it?
Good.

1 Like

Poor ganker didn’t even make back his ISK.

sadly it the same old poor comments: personal attacks.
Sadly enough cherry picking is done on my article trying to make me look “put something not so nice here”.
Read the complete opening post before you react :wink:

And still everyone avoids that painfull article I was quoting, it’s a big sign for me about the people talking in here:

1 Like

They do. If CONCORD is already on grid with you, they start locking and firing, perma-jamming, OMG WTF PWN neuting, and even using voodoo to stop wormholes from working IMMEDIATELY. Think of it as walking into a cop’s house and punching him in the face. The response is … well, immediate.

But just like the real world police they can’t be everywhere at once, so when you get shot, a call goes out to space-911. The police take a few seconds to show up, then they do all of that above mentioned OMGWTFSUPERPWNBBQ’ing of the people attacking you.

Frankly, the response time of CONCORD is ■■■■■■■ astounding considering how far they have to drive to get there. It’d be like Joe Friday patrolling the moon from San Francisco, with a couple second response time.

Now I’m going to tell you something that may not have occurred to you.

Ready?

You, yes YOU, can survive being suicide ganked. The trick is you have to be smarter than all the rest of the sheeple roaming around the hunting grounds. Gankers are, for the most part, like any predator. They don’t want to work harder than they have to to get what they want.

So how, you might ask, can you use that to your advantage? By being less attractive as a target. Mega ■■■■■■■ tank every ship you fly. Make turning on your hardeners the second you decloak muscle memory - gankers hate that, it throws off their calculations. Learn - I mean really learn - the cloak MWD trick. Learn the cloak MJD trick. Learn how to cloak, FFS. Don’t carry sixteen umptigillion ISK worth of stuff in a shuttle.

Is all of this perfect? No. Will you still die, no matter what you do? Yes, occasionally. Speaking as someone who’s lost jump freighters full of stuff to super carriers, it sucks. But the game doesn’t need to change - your behavior does. Stop acting like prey, and starting taking an active interest in your own survival.

3 Likes

Yep, he was unlucky this time.
A reasonable call - cargo stacks drop 50% of the time so he was betting 110m ISK with a fifty/fifty chance of winning 330m ISK. That’s not a bad position to take. - the target would have been scanned by someone else (his alt most likely) on grid before the attack.

Ganking is done for two reasons:

• it’s profitable if done right (this is the important one - it has to be sustainable)
  • it gets some good tears if you enjoy that sort of thing.

In this case the ganker was unlucky in the first but won the second by a bucket full.

The trick to avoid being ganked is to deny them the probability of a profit - keep the value of the cargo down to something reasonable for the hull carrying it, make the cost of the kill more than the possible profit. And don’t give them the satisfaction of tears if they do hit you.

And for miners: don’t be the easiest target in the field.

1 Like

Every ganker is running locator agents on you right now. Oh… you probably don’t know what those are. Certain mission agents will tell you the location of players if you have enough standing with them. Pay them ISK, they tell you where someone is.

This thread has given high sec gankers one of the two things they seek: tears. And now, you’re likely going to be targeted because they know they can a reaction out of you.

I’ve already explained how you can avoid getting ganked, but you don’t really want to learn. You just want EVE to change to fit your expectations. It probably isn’t going to happen. I won’t say never because absolutes are a bad idea… but I will say you have a better chance of getting elected to the CSM than getting the changes you want.

So, I suggest you change your expectations.

1 Like

well … people keep saying " lol another of those posts.". also it’s very easy to us to say eve is this eve is that, loss is a learning experience… from our point of view we have the experience and we allready know what eve is. taking into a new player perspective, yeah eve can be very frustrating. they don’t have the concept of a harsh and lawless environment eve provides. hell imagine me trying to explain to a new Corp member with 5 days old that scam is not against rules and even is encouraged … their minds blow up usually. not saying ccp should create a safe haven for starter people , but they indeed should prepare more the new player on tutorials and stuff. all they teach are basic mechanics and none about the environment itself. that would increase new player retention a lot.

I don’t know. The game is made that way. Up to you.
I play because I like to fly ships and shoot at things… and get blown up is okay too.
What the fuss? Go mine and make yourself another ship. Or buy one with isk.

That video!!!
At “holyshit it’s Techno Viking” I utterly lost it.
Who are those people?!?
Ahh hell, I can’t stop laughing!

1 Like

You would?
I find that idea horrifying.
Have you ever seen their aim? It’s terrible, it takes hundreds of bullets sometimes to not hit their targets and meanwhile other uninvolved people have to deal with stray rounds zipping about.

Think about your narrow definition of ganking again and widen the scope. It is more than ganking miners…

It is very difficult to avoid being ganked if you do certain things in Eve, and you may have to spend a lot of time and effort in avoiding it, something that not all can do. A lot of people do risk analysis with time and cost, and enjoyment derived and if the risk is too great, the effort to great and there is no enjoyment in doing it then they just do not do it.

The question is whether this comes within your comment? As in what you mean by it being possible to avoid ganking. Yeah, just don’t play, is that it?

Moving stuff around is a right royal pain in the butt. Some friends in game are doing something out in the sticks so to speak, I debated going there too, but the sheer effort of moving stuff with all the hoops I had to jump through put me off. I just could not face doing it because it was just too damn boring and all that because some lame players excessively multi-box. Never mind…

Eve has an issue in that it is losing old players and only a fraction of new players stay.

One of the most short sighted things I ever saw CCP do was remove asset protection for high sec structures after setting up an unpowered system. I wonder how many players who came back to find their assets gone decided to throw the towel in, there might have been some who saw it as a challenge to shake of the dust of inertia, but I would think they would have to be pretty hard core to do that…

Article? You know it’s just a forum post like the rest of them. There’s background to that post which I will not go into here.

1 Like