Some bad game concepts

Private conversations are … PRIVATE

I actually had to stop the video I was laughing so hard. At first I didn’t even know it was about Eve, and was blown away when it started to sink in that I knew what they were talking about, then the Techno Viking thing happened and I nearly died.

It’s one of the best things I’ve seen in ages, and easily one of the most funny.
I need to watch it again, I missed a lot because I was laughing so hard.

@ccp_Nova Eve needs this video as an Easter egg.
A profoundly violent Easter egg that forces you to watch it, and then kills you to death. Perhaps something involving a Cockroach.

1 Like

they rock
my favorites

edit:
btw all bitter vets have a crush on CCP guard

:sob:

5 Likes

I just found this one!

2 Likes

Ok, what the hell was the subject? I need to know before @ISD_SnivelSnot shuts this down…
Hang on, I have scroll bars…
Minmatar scroll bars, this hurts you more that it hurts me.
GRINDSMASHCRUSHRIPRENDTEAR</Hideous shrieking sounds>

@Pelgrim_Forever
Don’t give up, not ever, and not on anything especially because of Concord, that’s like killing your dog because someone three miles away sneezed.
Concord isn’t important, they are a placebo and that’s the extent of it. They are that fake button on street lights that doesn’t stop traffic.
From the sounds of things you are more than ready for wormhole systems. It’s very real there, you will like it a lot. You have to think, you have to pay attention, and you have to learn, but if you do these things it’s more than worthwhile. I have never met bad people in wormhole space, everyone who’s killed me has been more than helpful teaching me how to make it harder for them to do it again in the future.
Space itself is more interesting, the people are freaky, the rats are more intense, more violent, and more fun and the thing I hate to do in Eve the most, mining, is actually fun there. Abandon local chat, learn Dscan and learn it well, like to the point of wearing out your V key, and if you put your mind to it you will be space rich. You will also get better at the rest of Eve faster while you do it.
I’m not kidding, Wormhole space is fascinating.
The other thing is don’t specialize, this will kill Eve for you in a hurry, at least if you have any sense of adventure or curiosity. Eve is a struggle and sometimes you will have your ass handed to you on a cheap plate with a rusty fork, take the fork and stab back, then strap your ass back on and keep going. Add the plate to your next ship.
By the time you feel like you have the hang of surviving in wormhole systems you will know how to survive in Eve.
There will still be surprises but you will have learned to adapt, and once you do that you are unstoppable.
Mostly.

1 Like

Who’s ISD Snivelsnot? I don’t know who they are.

2 Likes

The bad one who lives under the icecap, huge hairy knuckles that drag and make trenches, hairy back infested with lice the size of horses, and nostril hair tangled in wart encrusted finger.
You know the one, IT is the one the marketing department (may they become redundant) call out when Capsuleers refuses to suck the chrome off the proverbial trailer hitch… Ummm… I mean behave, yah, that’s it.
Basically the mean one who shuts us down for getting silly.

2 Likes

/me looks around…
“It’s quiet… Too quiet…”
V
“Nope”
V
“Still nope”
VVVVVVVVV
“Ok, this is getting creepy…”

V

1 Like

Nah, it’s only when you hear out of place sounds that it’s TRULY creepy.

1 Like

Actually, if Concord is on grid with you, they will instantly lock and kill the ganker as soon as he does something illegal.

If Concord is not on grid, it takes time for them to arrive.

Thats just like real life.

When youre robbed, and you phone 911, do police suddenly spawn at the front of your house, instantly?

Of course not.

The 911 operator says “Please be calm. The police will be on its way as soon as possible. In the meantime, try and hide or run away.”

Yes. A man walking down the street being gunned down by police for no reason, is illegal and immoral.

Only once someone commits a crime, does the police intervene.

Just like real life.

Cool. You must live in the future, where cops instantly get teleported to your house whenever a crime is occurring.

No. You are a fool for hauling stuff you cannot afford to lose in high sec from one place to the other under the understanding and knowledge that Concord isnt an all-omnipotent demigod that shows up instantly after you get shot at.

Most corps dont really care what you do or do not do.

Maybe find a good corp instead?

You can evolve. But are you actually ready to evolve?

If youre crying in threads about being ganked, then clearly, you arent ready.

Hauling stuff till im bored to death? Common, be serious!

Just cause you find it boring, doesnt mean others do as well.

Theyre called starter systems, and it is actually against the rules to gank new players there.

Did the gankers use extremely expensive ships to gank you? Did they bring Barghests and Machariels to gank you? Did they do something that requires vast experience and knowledge?

No?

Exactly.

I bet they used cheap, small ships.

I bet they just orbitted you and pressed F1, which any new player can do.

The fact of the matter is, you were bested, and you lost.

And theres nothing wrong with that.

If you threw your controller at the screen and quit Call of Duty because you lost one match, that is your prerogative.

But a lot of us stuck it out. Because thats how you become good, and thats how you enjoy the game.

3 Likes

Did you read my response to him?

Nice try at deflection, point mods are the best ones…, anyway loot from level 4’s is not worth much, simple as that. So telling me that is not impressive as I routinely moved that type of loot in a DST while being well known to gankers.

Evidence was given in the past.

Loss is part of Eve, but this was loss caused by a change in mechanics, moving from total security to no security at all. That you are in a WH which never had asset security will of course make you unsympathatic.

This was a change that made their assets vulnerable.

Many gankers I have spoken to don’t like CONCORD as it is.

I do that, but you just reinforced my point about time and jumping through hoops and all that. Most people do not want to spend that amount of effort in their limited play time and that is why gankers have it easy, there is always going to be people who take that risk due to time constraints, you define them as daft. So what this does is limit the potential player base by a great deal.

My comment about that change was based on several people saying that they needed to keep old players more than new players. And yet they did that. Perhaps you should ask them to remove those comments then?

Yep. I wonder how many times its going to come up before folks like you admit there are real issues that need to be fixed?

Its very similar to real life. The main job of police is to write reports after the crime has happened. They are not body guards.

The real problem with them is that they know who the criminals are but let them run free around so-called “high security space” anyway. That’s the joke.

2 Likes

When gankers talk about consequences for acts or not taking care in Eve one has to just point out the lack of consequences for ganker alts. CCP should block them from accessing NPC stations so they have to have structure bases. It adds an excellent content driver to the game.

Perhaps if this was the case people would not be so fed up with the lack of protection of CONCORD and not make threads like this.

Actually it is meant to be a deterrent, it has to be allied to a strong judiciary and ample prison places otherwise it does nothing. The country where I live is actually becoming like Eve because there is a weak judiciary and insufficient prison places, so crime and insecurity is rampant and it drags everything down.

Eve’s single deterrent is that the Fac Police will hound them, but with fast moving and cheap ships, and being able to tether in total security against this means that it is not worth much at all. I think removing the ability to use NPC stations allied to the fac police having the ability to break tether would even things up and create more dynamic play for people to take them on. Simple changes that would give more options to those fighting gankers.

2 Likes

Lack of consequences? We are -10. Literally anybody can shoot at us, for any reason. We can’t mine. We can’t do PvE missions. We can’t do exploration. We can’t haul. Those are significant consequences. When I first started ganking, I didn’t really understand the consequences, but I soon realized the consequences were so severe that I simply couldn’t do anything… other than gank. So I kept ganking. Perhaps if the consequences weren’t so severe, I might have tried mining, I don’t know. All I know is that, in order to survive, I have to kill every miner in Highsec. That’s my fate!

3 Likes

yeah the police shot criminals even is safe spots
they have to warp all the time to avoid the cops
its a pain
large dps
a lot of PVE players don’t know about that

1 Like

You have a large number of accounts with alts that are not -10, so save the fake sob story.

Ganker alts have one job only which is to blast things in hisec in small fast warping ships in the main.

You can go to lowsec and nullsec and wh space to do exploration with your ganker alt.

So you don’t know about tethering to structures?

4 Likes

tethering is a terrible mechanics IMO
if you are RED or YELOW no tethering for you …i wish they changed that… especially in low and null , i said that before
even so its analog to being docked

2 Likes

Alts are alts, but I am Aiko, and I’m a Princess! I’m not a gank alt, I’m a ganking main. Back in the old days, I suppose it was normal to use alts, because people were terrified of the consequences. However, little Aiko grew up on the rough streets of Isanamo and Uedama, and -10 is all she knows. CCP can confirm that innocent little Aiko has a Venture docked up in Kor-Azor, it’s her beloved little mining ship, that she got for free from the mission agent. Unfortunately, because of the -10 criminal status, that entire career path was blocked. She never learned about mining crystals, or got to practice explorer minesweeper. She only knows one thing: she loves shooting miners!

2 Likes

No, you’re deflecting. I didn’t say loot, I said LP stores. What you did here is a strawman argument fallacy where you attempted to say I said something similar to what I said, but was actually different from what I said. And no point mods are not the best ones from LP stores. All you have to do is go to fuzzwork.co.uk and look it up. You clearly don’t know what you’re talking about if you think modules are the thing to sell from Loyalty Point stores.

Sure, if you look on fuzzwork, some modules have a really good LP to ISK rate; until you look at the volume and realize people are charging a high end price for something that isn’t bought very often. Certain implants have really good LP to ISK rates, but they don’t sell. Ammo, on the other hand, sells at a much higher volume and has only slightly lower LP to ISK rates. Although, let’s be honest. This entire discussion is yet another red herring argument you decided to throw up because you can’t really defend your initial premise.

Sure. I completely believe you. Sorry, if I can’t see the statistics for myself… and see how you ran your statistics, I’m not buying what you’re selling. Its very easy to cherry pick data; especially, if you hide how you collected your data. And considering how many argument fallacies you’ve already used, I’m sure your data is very cherry-picked.

So, what you’re saying is that Eve rewards those who take the time and effort to plan their actions? Umm… that’s one of Eve’s major selling points. Gankers don’t just blow up every freighter that they come across; they generally wait until someone hauling more than they should jumps in… and then they pounce. They took the time to scan the ship to know how valuable the cargo is. They’ve put forth the effort to know just how many ships they will have to sacrifice to achieve their goal of blowing it up. In short, gankers actually take time and plan… and you want to protect the players who are lazy from them? Hard pass.

LOL. I already covered this. Its easier to keep the customers CCP already has. If you get rid of high sec ganking (which is what this is really about, I don’t care how you dress up the complaint), you’ll be taking away a playstyle that many players enjoy. And there goes already paying customers in the hopes that you attract more players to replace them. Yeah, I was there for SWG’s NGE; I’ll pass on watching another game destroy itself with a similar move.

You brought it up to me. Its a red herring argument fallacy. If you don’t like getting called out for red herring argument fallacies: don’t use them.