Some thoughts on dealing with hi-sec Triglavian recons squads

make this hit ice belts also, those are jam packed with slaved multibox account, that would bring new salt to the table :smiley:

5 Likes

the procs would not care about the rats at all.

No more blingy drones in highsec. Simple.

2 Likes

can’t do it…gotta have my bling…lol

1 Like

Just fit a tank and shoot them. They’re not a big deal.

Wait till an FOB spawns in your system, then you’ll really cry.

I like it when a FOB spawns in my system, it means there is often juicy loot that I can grab from dead capsuleers’ wrecks. :smirk: :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Well something changed in the latest patch. Searched 5 systems didn’t see a single recon squad. Perhaps they now have a timer and don’t instantly re-spawn?

1 Like

Because CCP felt the distrubance in the game, as a million carebears suddenly cried in terror and could not be silenced. They feared something terrible could happen.

Seriously I hope CCP will keep the recon but prevent them from being infinite source of items, yet without removing their loot table, so that player they annoy can have a small something for the annoying.

1 Like

If you’re not completely AFK you’re safe. Hell, even if you;re semi AFK, you’re probably still safe, since they don’t warp scramble. It’s pretty easy to get out.

Some suggestions:

• Use a Procurer or Skiff
  • Make sure you bring light combat drones. Recons are frigates, so don’t use larger drones. 2+ Procurers/Skiffs can kill gang of Trig recons, even with low skills. With high skills, maybe soloing them is possible.
  • Mine with other people nearby, even if they’re not corp members. More people means less chance for the recons to target you. :joy:
  • Set your shield alarm to a higher value, like 95% so that if you’re not fully paying attention, you will still be alerted. Turn game volume up too.
  • If you choose to fight, kill the Renewing Damaviks first (They remote rep), followed by the Recon Damaviks (They deal most damage)

That’s all I can think of for now. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Trig attacks not only miners but also haulers. They camp for example the planet customs. So the moment you warp in with the hauler they attack and in most cases you die in an itteron. No time to turn and warp, and also they warp out if you change ship, and come back if u r in a hauler again. Seek and hide.

Its anoying and ccp is forcing you to pve if you want or not.

All your sugestions are well said but none helps. The only way to face this anoyance is canceling subscription

2 Likes

D-scan is your friend, if they are on grid you know not to warp in at that time.

3 Likes

I know how to safe my alt. The point is the anoyance by ccp not how to safe the ship neither the lost ship if it dies.

It takes 5 times longer and tons of anoyance to finish that job.

1 Like

They are annoying, I’d agree with that, but if ur just hauling the Uriel is right, use ur dscan and do a bit of scouting.

At present I still see these pesky recons in Molden Heath & Lonetrek but they don’t seem to be everywhere any more. Perhaps we are settling into new phase where they’ll appear in certain regions then move on. So semi-afk mining is not dead but u’ll have to use dscan, scout and adjust your resists & strategy. No bad thing IMO.

1. Why should i engage in pve if i want to do something else?
  2. Why should i get busy with something that is anoying?
  3. Dscan the rats and now what? Waiting for them to disappear? Changing ships and go hunting? Turning back and not delivering? …

You see it aint helping much

3 Likes

Why do you play the game if you are not interested in its content ?

2 Likes

I am interested in its content. I like to pvp when i want it to pve when i want it to haul when i want but not when ccp decides i have to do stuff. I want to choose myself when i do what.

3 Likes

That’s exactly the opposite of its content.

2 Likes

Dont think so, ir nowhere says i have to pve the moment ccp wants it. To the contrary it says i dont have to pve at all. Look at career agent for exanple.

2 Likes

It exactly says that you are subject to pvp the moment ou get out of station.

2 Likes

No it doesnt. Trig is pve not pvp

2 Likes