Space rich vs. space poor

I’m definitely space poor. Been space poor ever since my hands stopped shaking during heated PVP.

1 Like

I would consider myself at the lower end of “space middle class” I can afford to do just about anything I feel like doing without much worry if I loose a ship. but i’m not about to go whelping machariels into low-sec either.

by my definition.
Space poor - needing to grind out rocks etc for hours on end to afford ships. loosing a ship that you use for your day to day income and operations is a noticeable financial setback (even if it can be replaced) pvp is generally avoided because any pvp loss is felt in the wallet. Budget is measured in terms of hours or days.

Space Middle class - You can easily afford your day to day activities. loosing ships becomes less of a worry, and pvp becomes more common. less time spent grinding and more time spent just doing whatever you find enjoyable. however there are still some upper limits as to what is considered a reasonable ship to fly. Budgeting starts being measured in terms of months.

Space Rich - you can afford to replace your entire fleet multiple times, and probably the fleets of several other people as well. ship loss, even of capitals is no longer a major worry. you probably have more isk than most people would know what to do with. budgeting and investments are likely measured in terms of years.

2 Likes

i spend 40bn isk on sp in my first month on this character
but i still cant pvp in a t3c because of the sp loss
psychologically space poor i guess

1 Like

That’s more like space super rich.

1 Like

ftfy.

1 Like

Its actually breakfast for me, 10 M ISK is enough money for oat porridge here, when I convert it into actual money value.

@Op

The Answer is as follows;

The average player has probably around 10 billion isk if they are part of a nullsec entity. People with lots of alt accounts have between 50-100b, and people who are smart and do intelligent, secret things have more. In general, the 100b-150b range is the cut off for most normal high end isk earners. This is where larger things start to come in play, Like ceos, Alliance leaders, and so forth. Though its not impossible or unheard of, its the standard rule.

As for people that are new 100m seems like a lot, but the average income for a nullsec player is around 100m an hour, or more if you are in larger ships (rorq, carrier, or bigger) or running lots of alts (probably afk mining).

Hopefully this will give you a sense of isk. Space poor is <1b. Space rich are people like us who have a few trillion isk laying around, though, not a lot of us are around.

1 Like

I am just going to jump in here to say that more isk doesnt equate to more fun. Cheap t1 frig combat is no less fun then billion isk blops drops. Hell, imo, t1 frig combat requires a lot more actual “skill” from the individual then merely pushing jump and hitting f1. Isk just gives a player more freedom to do more things, but it doesnt mean that if you are short isk, you cant have fun in the game.

On another note, you only need enough isk to fund whatever it is that you are doing as a play style. So if you are an alpha or newbro - you really dont need huge quantities of isk - all you need is enough to replace your t1 frigs or desy or cruisers or whatever. Its not hard to make isk in eve. Hell, as long as you are not losings ships every other day, you will acquire all sorts of things over time.

3 Likes

I think self-sustainability should go in there somewhere it’s how I’ve always approached how much isk I need.With time skills knowledge more alts and now and easy way to train those alts fast my isk generating has increased and so has my love for blinging ships.On the other hand I totally feel some remorse toward the new players who lack all that.

1 Like

Seriously? You had to dig out a 6-month old thread?

1 Like

But…my ISK.