Stargate Trailblazers Event - Gameplay Policy

Afraid you missed your chance a while ago.

* Edited Addendum *

Looking at that post after the fact, most of the people who replied to me were of the in game trouble making variety, but I’d say they treated an old care bear with a fair degree of empathy and well wishing.

I don’t like losing ships, and it did not happen often, but when I did explode in a mining ship or transport of some kind I would just say ‘gf’, and the other player(s) would type the same to me no matter how terrible I was. Everyone’s experiences may be different from mine, but when I look back it was the people trying to kill me who had the biggest hearts, made the best friends, and who gave me the most stories to tell.

I met people from all over the world at the point of a virtual gun, and it made me see just how similar we all are, language and location aside. Eve taught me how to find common ground with people when we started out on opposing sides. It taught me where to draw the line between people I could and couldn’t trust, and more often that not it would be the industrial only groups trying to take me for everything I own or work me down to the bones for their own gain instead of just blowing up one ship I happened to be in at the time and leaving it at that.

More often than not in my experience it’s the people who fight and put their ships on the line who are able to have give and take relationships with others that stand the test of time, while care bear relationships only last as long as everyone can take and nobody has to give.

I’m not sure what definition was being used in your post for sociopath, and I’ll not deny you the glee you ironically feel from reading what you perceive is my suffering, but those players you’re trying to insult have my respect and a small degree of admiration for what they’ve accomplished and the gracious courtesy they’ve afforded me in circumstances where I was at their mercy.

I lost some ships, but it was a small price to pay for what I got in return. They bonded me to the game in trying to beat or befriend them and gave meaning to all those otherwise soulless mechanics. I suppose the least I can do in return now is say so.

3 Likes