Stargate Trailblazers Event - Gameplay Policy

The miners would be trying to keep it full to wouldn’t they?

Lately every one of your new events has lowered my motivation to play bit by bit. Once upon a time the old ccp wanted players to engage with each other - develop new emergent ways of playing. New ccp just sucks the life out of the game. I’m a 2010 vet - and I’m wondering why I’m giving ccp money when the game just isn’t what it used to be.

4 Likes

Have been playing on and off since 2003, I have spent some much time and energy on EVE. I always try to see the positive aspects of patches, when other ppl say something is ■■■■ then I try to figure out how we can use the new meta to do something interesting, but this it the first patch where I am lost for words on anything positive. A bug riddled, hastily thrown together mess, that was terribly communicated. There is so many of us that spend so much time on EVE, all we ask is that the company that we pay money each month have a similar level of interest in the game.

The group I am flying with is going to be negatively affected by this patch, and we had planned ahead to make sure this gate was not completed. Looking back at the Tri invasion you at least could prevent a system from falling if you put your mind to it, and we obviously thought something similar was in store here. When we logged in and saw this patch, and realized that we could not do anything to stop it and not even that but there is this ridiculous list of things your are not “allowed” to do in terms of the sites. I was like OK we have been ***** by CCP but perhaps there is at least some ISK to be made here, lets see what we can get from these sites. And unless I am mistaken you can only get cosmetics from these LP, right? Couldn’t you have given us some kind of carrot, I mean anything.

Also, those boosters, what an absolute joke that is…you have to spend hours to get those booster where you mine making close to 0 ISK (and perhaps a pair of new shiny shoes for your LP) just so that you can mine at maximum 15% faster for a few hours. I mean what?

3 Likes

Talk about a double down on this disaster. I’m simply astonished. I practically am a carebear and EVEN I think this is stupid.

It’s true what the bitter vets say. CCP really can find a way to alienate both sides. I’ve been mucking around in the main thread about this screaming bloody murder all day over an inability to prevent the gates in the first place, but this is some next-level lack of insight into your own player base.

I am at a complete loss for words.

1 Like

Experience matters. I’m still naive enough to think that CCP still has some clue, but i already know that i’m going to be dissapointed. One can’t believe in Santa forever.

What about that fishy spot on Booty Bay roof from where you can be attacked by ranged classes without guards intervening?

Oops wrong forum sorry.

1 Like

Crikey - how far this game has fallen

2 Likes

It does my heart good to hear all this salty whining from people angry that they can’t grief other players. God bless you, CCP. Each and every one. Best. Event. Ever.

5 Likes

You know what… it just might work.

Very glad that CCP has taken a stance against griefing - keep it up, please.

4 Likes

Hey, what’s the point if we can’t club baby seals?

3 Likes

I’m no hero, I’ve just spent enough time here doing a little bit of everything to know that if there is ever any opportunity to bend game mechanics to your will in service of raining on another player’s parade, people will do it.

ARRRG! THIS IS BS. UNSUBBING ALL 78 ACCOUNTS

1 Like

In most contexts, the phrase ‘Eve is dying’ means player count, but I think the ideals that made Eve what it was have been eroded over time. I don’t bat an eye now because I saw this being a thing when I decided to quit playing.

I guess you could say I batted an eye sooner when I got the impression that CCP no longer cared for the kind of player I was, or for what I wanted out of the game, and why I started playing it.

It’s not about us anymore. It’s about doing what it takes to keep the game alive and we are replaceable. One subscription is as good as the next, and the next may be a younger, more gullible customer willing to part with more money for the shiny things in the cash shop. Younger people who won’t balk at being sold the easy button they crave in this day and age.

I don’t think Eve is dead yet, and it may yet turn around, but I have my doubts. The broad strokes of CCPs plans for the future are shrouded in mystery, as are the guiding principles that lead to the curious decisions they make. I keep asking myself ‘why?’, and I feel like even if I disagree with a mechanic or implementation, I should be able to see what reasoning CCP used and how it made sense. I used to feel I did understand. I used to frown at times at CCP Falcon’s brusque posts, but he was completely candid. This is what we did, this is what we think, and this is what we want to get out of doing it.

The old CCP would tell me “We know you don’t like this, but we think it is for the best, you can handle it, and we hope you will stay, overcome, and adapt.”

The new CCP will tell me “If you don’t like it, you can leave.”, so I did.

7 Likes

Nope. This is extra content outside of eve universe. Just like filaments and arena’s. You dont have to participate. Traditional eve bores me. Maybe u should enjoy some of the end game gm whatshisface was referring too and bash pos modules.

1 Like

Can I have your stuff? Love all the sociopath tears today. HA…HA…HAAaaaaaa :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Afraid you missed your chance a while ago.

* Edited Addendum *

Looking at that post after the fact, most of the people who replied to me were of the in game trouble making variety, but I’d say they treated an old care bear with a fair degree of empathy and well wishing.

I don’t like losing ships, and it did not happen often, but when I did explode in a mining ship or transport of some kind I would just say ‘gf’, and the other player(s) would type the same to me no matter how terrible I was. Everyone’s experiences may be different from mine, but when I look back it was the people trying to kill me who had the biggest hearts, made the best friends, and who gave me the most stories to tell.

I met people from all over the world at the point of a virtual gun, and it made me see just how similar we all are, language and location aside. Eve taught me how to find common ground with people when we started out on opposing sides. It taught me where to draw the line between people I could and couldn’t trust, and more often that not it would be the industrial only groups trying to take me for everything I own or work me down to the bones for their own gain instead of just blowing up one ship I happened to be in at the time and leaving it at that.

More often than not in my experience it’s the people who fight and put their ships on the line who are able to have give and take relationships with others that stand the test of time, while care bear relationships only last as long as everyone can take and nobody has to give.

I’m not sure what definition was being used in your post for sociopath, and I’ll not deny you the glee you ironically feel from reading what you perceive is my suffering, but those players you’re trying to insult have my respect and a small degree of admiration for what they’ve accomplished and the gracious courtesy they’ve afforded me in circumstances where I was at their mercy.

I lost some ships, but it was a small price to pay for what I got in return. They bonded me to the game in trying to beat or befriend them and gave meaning to all those otherwise soulless mechanics. I suppose the least I can do in return now is say so.

3 Likes

This, so much this.

See Dust 514, Valkyrie and those mobile games I can’t remember.

They honestly don’t have a clue why we play this game.

2 Likes

It isn’t your tears I take glee in seeing, however, I do take glee in seeing all the tear of the sociopaths that hate this event and having nothing better to do that suicide gank.

I look forward to more :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you don’t want the players to do something then make it impossible as part of the system design for crying out loud. This forum post has 4.2k views so it’s clear that very few players are going to see it meaning you can’t reasonably enforce this policy.

I cannot fathom why there is such a shallow depth of thought going into your system designs at present. Bonkers

1 Like