State of Raravoss

Well they caved on making them aliens and just made them humans.

Which is a shame, I was looking forward to horsemen with 3 appendages.

I always thought they were like a hybrid of man and machine under those suits. Like rogue drones, but with largely human nature, not tainted by psychopathic machine tendencies.

2 Likes

I always thought that unstable rift mission was a potential part of the Trig backstory - the one with that doctor who wants to save the ship full of people stuck in some alternate dimension due to a defect in an experimental warp/jump drive. They hook up with rogue drones in the final stage, and then have an opportunity to ā€˜escapeā€™ - setting up a human-originating population lost in another dimension with rogue drone tech. Could be a viable origin for the Trigs as human-derived beings that have gone very Borg in behavior due to the mind-warping effects of their experience/environment (something something weird radiation and stuff).

Edit: Mission name is ā€˜The Anomalyā€™

2 Likes

I think they could even use mutaplasmids on themselves. :thinking:

1 Like

I was there (inside) when the world ark disappeared and the stellar accelerator vanished ā€¦ not sure what caused it, but this happened after a couple pushes of the bar to the blue. When I came back a few hours later a new site was under construction.

I hope there is some meaning behind, and not just some random events. Also I really want to see Final Liminality.

Its written there

Triglavian conquest finalized

I think it will stay Triglavian then. Conquered. Maybe without any empire gates working, only triglavian, connecting to other triglavian systems with final liminality.

1 Like

Likely, I wouldnā€™t want to be there when it happens in an expensive clone. Iā€™m outside now, but thought about staying in my PvP clone, as I see it finalize maybe already in next 24h.

I heard somebody got trapped in such a system on SiSi tests (rumor level).

1 Like

What if the system somehow gets sucked into wormhole space after the star goes super nova from losing its energy?

Theoretically, a red supergiant star may be too massive to explode into a supernova , and collapse directly into being a black hole , without the bright flash.

What if inside New Eden it is the Blue Stars that offer the most energy at the very start for the Trivglavionites to harvest because Blue supergiants can turn into red supergiants

/reference taken from Universetoday

1 Like

If the Trigs want black holes, they could easily find some floating in space.

I think they just want that Sunny Delight, man.

They already own those ones I had thought. They might be wanting all of New Eden to become WHS?

A black hole isnā€™t the same thing as a wormhole. I could see them wanting more wormholes, but not necessarily black holes.

1 Like

Slowly day by day Iā€™m trying to get into the Lore behind New Eden and why they are attacking the Blue Stars will show the answers.

Harvesting mass off the stars will prolong their life, not cause supernova

2 Likes

That depends on what kind of star it is, and what kind of fusion it does.

But what if weā€™re wrong about the harvesting part? What if the Trigs are actually injecting something into the stars? A solar harvester of the size we can see in space simply wouldnā€™t be able able to affect a star in any meaningful way over such a short term, but the injection of exotic matter couldā€¦

3 Likes

The whole star altering thing sounds like something out of the Revelation Space books, in those thereā€™s a machine intelligence that messes with stars in order to wipe out civilisations that get beyond a certain point.

IIRC they literally turn the star into a stellar dynamo and use the resulting flux fields to eject super coronas of stellar matter aimed at the locals.

1 Like

The Triglavian Collective are also podding capsuleers.

Capsuleers also pod capsuleers tho

4 Likes

Or straight from ā€œScience and Futurism with Isaac Arthurā€ :smiley:

Yeah doing crap with stars is a fairly common science fiction trope; Dyson Spheres etc all appear in multiple places, they even managed to blow one up in Stargate.

1 Like

Dyson Sphere? pfft, amateursā€¦

How about shkadov thrusters?

Or how about moving whole galaxy in certain direction?

1 Like