Station Stealing EXPLOIT

I have recently brought to CCP’s attention what I consider to be an exploit used when stealing player owned stations. The tactic being used is, according to CCP, not an exploit. However there is no legal counter to this action that can be taken by players!

While I would love to explain the tactic here, I believe that this is a real exploit, and therefore I cannot communicate it without breaking the EULA and I really don’t want other players using it!

Can I please ask for a CSM Member to contact me so that I can share this problem with them.

You can try at’ing Brisc Rubal or Mike Azariah. They are the most likely to respond.

If CCP says it’s not an exploit, you can’t get in trouble for talking about it. Personally, I’m curious as to what you’re talking about, and would like to know more.

Also, a lot have players have claimed the things don’t have valid counter play options when they do, so I’m skeptical of this claim.

1 Like

yeh agreed

If CCP says it’s not an exploit, then it isn’t an exploit, unless they change their mind.

And the best way to do that is to raise a ruckus and bring some attention to the issue. Best way to do that is spill the beans - what is the exploit?

If it is egregiously oppressive and without counter you will get support and CCP might look at it again. If you are just salty because you were outplayed, well, you might get teased some but at least you might get some useful advice on how not to let it happen again.

2 Likes

Did you start the “unanchor” process and forget to come back and scoop the structure? Or did someone bump you away just before you could scoop unanchored station and they came with their own orca to take your things away?

This annoys me.

Anyway, this is a really good point.

If CCP says it’s not an exploit, it’s not an exploit, and you can share it.

The fastest way for CCP to actually address it is if everyone learns about it. People discovered you can exploit structures in Rogue Drone sites to rack up high positive standings for both EDENCOM and Triglavians. They ran it for about a day before publicly posting it online on social media (eve subreddit), and within 30 minutes of the method being posted publicly, CCP declared it an exploit.

It doesn’t matter that you believe it’s an exploit. Highsec garbage think ganking is an “exploit” but CCP doesn’t care about that.