Still Griefing New Players :parrotdad:

Because they can and because they enjoy it.

Yes there is no profit from doing this, but we don’t care. I mean, there are two kinds of gankers:

1. Those who gank to earn profit to fund another activity elsewhere or to fund further ganking if that is all they do.
  2. Those who are farming ISK or just paying cash to fund the ganking. (Which includes regular corp/alliance members who does not need to farm ISK as they get free ships from SRP or bounty payouts for killing stuff - utimately someone has to grind for those ships to be granted/money to be paid.)

This is PvP game, so why is it suprising, that some players are spending their wealths to destroy other players’ ships?

What else is there to farm ISK for?

1 Like

What’s surprising to me is that CCP declared “having fun” is griefing. You have to have a profit motive or else “[morally] bad player”. Which is kind of against the whole idea of video games in the first place.

If I want to unprofitably blow up spaceships and shout “Yeeee-hawww!” while doing it and cackling like a raving lunatic, and having fun all the while, CCP’s blog post basically goes:

“Well we’re in bed with the ISK min-maxing farmers, what you’re doing is griefing because you suck at making ISK from PVP, here’s the elitist PVP gate, and you fail to meet the bar, we don’t care that you’re having fun, you’re now a morally bad player griefer.”

In my mind CCP is actively hostile to the idea of fun.

3 Likes

I think CCP staff is divided on the issue.

Some staff members are carebears, intent on converting the game into a Minecraft creative mode server. However, not everyone has this attitude.

I just griefed this guy, for NO PROFIT.

Where are the antigankers?

3 Likes

^ that doesn’t look like grief

Take a longer look at the history [Guristas] had caused more destruction to that Miner. kekw

1 Like

No she is not, she has always been lurking in the shadows

Carebears are evil

I gank, and some times the miner has isk with him… sometimes not. My activity allows me to fund further ganks no matter if they are blingy or not. And I have fun with it.

All my activities in EVE are for fun. But… probably ganking is almost (wardecing too?) the only PVP activity which allows you to fund further PVP. And thats a problem CCP should (but will never) adress. What about those poor Lowsec pirates who have to do moon mining to fund their piracy? Imagine having to mine to have fun. They should be having fun to have more extra fun with another activity!

Or imagine the poor nullsec “PVPers” having to kill rats in belts during the week… to join some F1 fleet during the weekend… and some times they dont even find a target!. Thats not a game I would like to play.

But I also understand miners… when I salvage the miners wreck in order to follow CCPs anti-griefing protocols… I want to do it in perfect safety and relax. I hope CCP introduces some kind of anti-angry-miners bubble when using my t2s salvaging drones!

Its rhetoric… I know exactly why gankers gank an orca or a day 1 venture, just like I know why players make PK in low level respawn areas in other MMO. Its interesting because after the kill they run into the help channels for paste the killmail.

You’re what’s wrong with this game. Too lazy to work for anything and you actually enjoy grieving people. I hope you find a better way…without docking or tethering :rofl:

They love to pat each other on the back. Clearly anti-social behavior.

1 Like

You must gank for profit

But theres no profit in ganking

Ergo…

Calling ganking PvP is like calling clubbing baby seals hunting.

Now you’re getting it!

At least you’re admitting it. GG.

Tell Jason that.

Did I mention ganking in the post you are (partially) quoting?

Of course ganking isn’t PvP - Player versus Player. Ganking is GvP - Griefer versus Player.

1 Like

Don’t they have alliance chat?

Nobody turns down a free meal.

1 Like

Oh. And what qualifies you to make this medical diagnosis again?

Just curious :smiley:

Cept it isn’t griefing. He’s literally playing the game :smiley:

It is. All PvP is real PvP. Sorry it makes you cry bruv.

Yennoe she’s being sarcastic right?

Right?

1 Like

I know there is at least one here who can do that.

/

New Capsuleers should be required be the seaL and the hunter at the same time as it would be for the greater good of all future Capsuleers.

(in reference to that, "By law, you have to keep clubbing the seal in the forehead until you know for sure that it’s dead")

You can call ganking pvp as you need to keep shooting until the capsuleer’s ship explodes.

i think a noob that is not ganked may fell excluded
and have self esteem problems in the future

Why does @x123xxx assume that Clubbing a New Capsuleer is the same as Ganking a Seal?

99% they aren’t even a new capsuleer :smiley:

If this is the case then ganking is only griefing 1% of all ganking related pvp in New Eden Highsec.

/
To try and back this info up, I looked at my first pod loss and where it was.

Started 21th May
Podded 23rd May in GM-50Y 39 jumps from the first starting system to hunt Angel Cartel NPC’s

You know you took that out of context. Read the whole post. There was something about hunting…

Oh so you are all for the ecosystem of New Eden then?