Stream sniping in eve

I don’t know that any of us can every truly know if we are real or not. Best we can do is keep plugging on and hope we aren’t some fever dream.

2 Likes

Im definately not real

3 Likes

I would have agreed with you if he had taught proper counterplay and used his platform to solve in-game problems with in-game mechanics, play style adjustments, and teaching his audience how to manage expectations with the game as it stands today, not as anyone wishes it were.

Instead he goes for the clickbait “billions of ISK”, parades outside of game to try to get playstyles banned, goes onto talk shows to rant, and generally spends a lot of out-of-game energy on out-of-game tactics to try to come out on top. He’s no different than that Eve Tutorial guy in this regard: using outside platforms to :poop: on other players playing the game with the in-game mechanics as provided today.

It used to be you’d dox other Eve players and place fake bomb threats at their workplace or ask your alliance to DDoS their work phones, but since CCP is against this out of game behavior now it is instead evolving in to using your “Content Creator” shield to attack the people and playstyles that go against you, it seems.

And that is not worthy of respect, idolation, nor tolerating in the Eve Community.

8 Likes

Zoomer problems are not EVE problems.

2 Likes

He has spent this time talking about avoiding gankers and showing how to survive a gank.

Sure, but it is hard to reconcile with the fact his current message completely undermines that.

2 Likes

How exactly is a dude who defames hundreds, if not thousands of players, a loss to the community?

How exactly is a dude who has other players watch him make billions of isk without ever teaching them game mechanics useful?

How is someone who teaches newbros and veteran carebears alike that risk-free isk-making is the norm across New Eden a positive influence?

How is a person who labels anything not done in the pursuit of isk as “griefing” a “plus” to the community?

How exactly is a dude who attempts to blackmail CCP into changing THEIR game to fit his toddler-like mindset beneficial to the community?

How exactly is someone who repeatedly and openly falsely reports other players a good samaritan?

How is a dude who refuses to engage in civil debate and would rather ban all and any disagreement in what can only be described as an echo chamber beneficial?

P.S — you do realize that locator agents are a thing? One doesn’t need to stream-snipe, and you have provided no proof to that effect.

10 Likes

Actions speak louder that words, especially when punctuated by cries.

He never actually engaged in counter play, instead preferring to blackmail CCP.

1 Like

I don’t really know much about you but you don’t need me to tell you how to play a computer game and not be a Petty minded vindictive person and it’s the minority or bad apple that can spoil it for the masses.

Keep ganking if that’s your thing but I’ve seen to meant streamers quit because of these bad apples and people that follow and think it’s cool

Wasn’t he supposedly filling a class action lawsuit against CCP over bullying and griefing after this? I recall seeing several rants in game that were beyond amusing by the loyal follower base.

1 Like

He has I was at one incident, the gank failed that was all above bored and good game play

By both sides

31 post and counting, you see people can be nice and chat in a civil way

Maybe I am missing something…but why would a stream about Eve not contain just the sort of activity that goes on in Eve ?

5 Likes

The mafia has been viewing this whole mess of anti gankers vs gankers and anything and everything in-between. This thread just broke my will to not reply to whatever this mess is.

As a streamer in ANY game the streamer accepts this as an occupational risk.

I really don’t see the merit of this thread.

Awesome! This is what CCP wants!

I don’t know this guy but he needs to learn the occupational risks of being a streamer.

???

I am not scared in anyway. :wine_glass: :wine_glass: :moneybag:

1 Like

I dont really understand why Aiko and the rest of the group have been targeted so hard.

If you actually took the time to read the MOTD you will read that the tone is RP/Satirical in nature, although considering the carry on recently alot of people seem to have lost their sense of humour for some reason.

In terms of stream sniping, I am a streamer (scottishdex), admittedly not a very important one, but the key aspect is its well know that you have to take the time to make yourself less of a target, wether it be taking measures to hide your location or doing abysals in a less known/difficult location to find. Or fitting a much less expensive ship. I cant really wrap my head around why these facts are so hard to grasp?

There are multiple streamers who have actively created ways to hide their location, I believe my dear friend erschlag has designed something where instead of blurring entire sections of your stream you can just blur specific text. None of them are entirely bullet proof but it would require actual effort to locate you through locator agents or whatever.

More importantly if all of the above fail, you must be prepared to accept the ganking and move on. This whole greiving/complaining instead of making moves to counter like you should is frankly pathetic and I have no respect for 90% of the individuals not prepared to accept losses in this fashion.

Streamsniping/ganking is part of eve online, if you arent prepared to accept that you should go and play farming sim or WOW.

Dex

5 Likes

You don’t even need to “stream snipe” Hateless.

He sits in the same system, day after day, month after month, doing the exact same repetitive activity in the exact same location.

3 Likes

Can you stream snipe me please?

I would feel complete.

Who??

1 Like

He’s a Highsec miner.

Until you come to grips with the fact that this is a griefing based game, you are in for a rough time.

1 Like