Streamer stops due to grief

I have a question.

First, a story. I’ve told this story before, so some of you might already be familiar with it.

Back in like 2010 or so, as I was doing high-sec mercenary work and running my little protection racket, I declared war on a group of carebears to extract a ransom (one of many such targets I’ve pursued). After a while of blowing up their ships, a few of them dragged me into a chat, and told me that one of their members had a bad heart condition, and although he was able to otherwise live life fairly normally, he couldn’t take the stress of my “repeated griefing.” They told me that I was harassing them, and that they didn’t agree to this. They said that they would report me to CCP for what I was doing. I tried to give them a way out (i.e. pay the ransom and secure a protection contract), but they wouldn’t budge and told me they’d get me punished for breaking the rules.

I continued going after them (I didn’t single anyone out, and went after random targets of opportunity), and after a week or two their corporation broke up (like many such corporations were wont to do). Then I got another message from some of their members: the member whom they were talking about, the one with the heart condition, passed away because of the stress caused by my repeated attacks.

So my question is: did I harass these players, especially the one with the heart condition?

2 Likes