Summon the Swarm

Looks like they’re cycling twice, for a 1hr total site time.

Edit: only my first of the day did this

what dev blog are you talking about? the news article i read was three short marketing paragraphs and had no details.

My 2 cents

Carriers are viable with the increased time limit. Those who say carriers melt, rethink how you are using them, I haven’t lost one. I tried full DPS , passive and active tank no time did I think I was gonna die. . Fighters melting, I lost some initially and yes they do melt, but then I changed how I was using them.

Supers/Titan in general, what’s even the point.

Haw dreads only thing viable, not very engaging content. Reward must be worth it, cause YOU WILL get tackled and killed. Just a matter of time.

I gave it a try with a carrier first, seemed like the rats always just webbed and killed fighters to the point where it felt pointless to do them with a carrier.

Tried a HAW-Dread instead, and it was a walk in the park, i recorded my first try here

Also added some notes from what’ve learned doing the CRAB’s so far. The clip is sped up so it doesnt take too long.

This was my first try with a dread doing these, so its a very “safety first” build thats far from optimized.

Seems like there a lot of waiting around for something to happen?

1 Like

Part of the concern was that the rep power of a FAX would necessitate a disproportionately large response to fight off. FAX are still able to be part of the sites - would just need a different capital to spool up.

1 Like

Yeah, its a bit backwards imo, since your goal is to maximize the time where nothing happens since thats the time the beacon can finish its scanning. While there are rats on grid, the scanning stops.

I don’t think it’s binary and I don’t think it’s purely DBS either, I just see it as one of a number of problems. For me less rewards from DBS + lower anom respawn rate, fighter tracking nerfs, cap resists nerfs and the increased cost as a result of Scarcity = less content.

My hope is that CCP are trying to buy themselves headroom with Scarcity/DBS changes, things cost more raw materials now so they have some room to create new ORE ship lines that can farm more materials. ISK from ratting is down to create room to use ISK for rewarding other new content to come etc.

I suspect that’s wishful thinking on my part though!

Out of interest, what macroeconomic issues do you think there were? I’ve yet to hear a good argument for nerfing cap proliferation. Nobody complains about subcap proliferation, 1000 subcaps is a good fight, but 1000 caps isn’t? Reading about early supercap battles brought me to the game.

To nerf caps after most vets have them is like Blizz reducing epic droprates from MC after most players have farmed a full epic set. It just completely shits on the new player yet to embark on the journey.

2 Likes

you clearly havent played in years. DBS can go as low as 50%(?) and its just cancer to rat in such DBS.

some would say why dont you move to other systems. but those people dont think about sec status. good sites do not spwan in lower sec status sytems.

now ratting is limited by DBS and by sec status. why would i ever use my big toys in such an environment. i am happy sticking to my high sec alt that can get over 200m/hour running incursion and 300-500m running T5/T6.

2 Likes

DBS can go much lower than 50%. I’ve seen systems in the 30s, because of other folks in other TZ turbo ratting.

2 Likes

Trollmeca has never done a ratting site in his life
When he praises the DBS it’s the clearest sign possible that it’s an idiotic mechanic that should be removed from the game asap.

Also even actively baiting for fights is not sufficient to keep DBS from falling below 100% - i have tried very hard.
It’s an income nerf and it’s a mechanic that punishes people for being active and in space. Nothing more.

1 Like

That’s a real issue, using hypothetical numbers, but if your playerbase is 65% pve centric and 35% pvp centric, you’re choking off content the majority of your players as DBS will only drop until you’ve lost enough pve players from the sandpit to reach some kind of 50/50 parity.

The system is just broken, it could only ever work in a world where there were equal to or more pvp players than pve and I really don’t think Eve has that.

1 Like

What I see is people only rat when they come back from a break or using a fleet of Ishtars / Vexors. It’s otherwise not a profitable activity. DBS doesn’t seem to deter massive multiboxing, just folks with single / few accounts. So… a mechanic that punishes those not already rich. Pretty dumb tbh.

ive been playing with this for the last two days, its a fun idea, but i don’t really enjoy it in its current form.

Im not usually a cap pilot so keep that in mind. I’ve lost 2-3 dreads and 3-4 thanny in as many attempts. Ive also brought along a marauder to try and speed things up which resulted in loosing two vargurs. I think my last run was pretty easy though I was not able to finish in time

But i have spent a bunch of time in WH space.

The timing generally sucks for players like me. If i only have an hour to play, i have to spend the first 5 minutes locked down doing nothing. Thats a bad way to engage players like me.

The 15 minute timer is actually hard for me to pull off with the long lock delays from warp and long lock times.

The payout is pretty mediocre in general. The payout is extremely poor when considering what has to be fielded.

It is a fun idea. it was interesting enough to get me to log two toons onto sisi, setup ships, and spend an hour experiment on two different days.

Id like the payout to be better, the content to be harder, and i don’t want to have to wait.

1 Like

I am just curious what the rewards are I tried to run the site with 3 decently fit carriers and just could not get the timer to move. If anyone who successfully ran a site could please share thanks

CCP said they’d increase the life time for bacons so sites don’t fail to finish the count down anymore.
Judgeing by the single site i was able to finish thats 360m worth of loot, maybe around 750m per hour total

Dear CCP,

I tried the new site on sisi today. I am disappointed in how loveless and uninspired the implementation is.
First off after deploying the structure I get to wait. Ok.
Then another timer starts, and I get to wait some more. Huh?
Rats warp in, I shoot them. Right back to waiting.
Some more Waiting. And then more rats, afterwards, right back to waiting.

Do you see what is wrong with that?

This is like mining. You wait for for the thing to end. No way to speed it up? No way to PLAY the game better? Try it differently? No. Just wait around for the time to be over.
I am sorry but this is not exciting gameplay. In fact it barely qualifies as gameplay.

It doesn’t matter how well this pays out. Or how the loot is balanced. Or if the bounties are good or bad.
At its CORE the GAMEPLAY is BORING. Noone wants to be bored playing a game. Wating around is not gameplay.

I will be going back to running abyss. Because that is engaging. Thinking about what to do is required. Analysing the room and making decisions. You know? Gameplay!

Thank you for reading,
Please go back to the designboard with this glorious idea, and make it so I don’t have to sit there and do something else half the time when playing your game.

4 Likes

@CCP Has the full Mechanic for the sites actually been patched onto the test server ?
The system interference hasn’t changed in any system in eve. what’s the point in having us test something and play around with it when you don’t patch the full mechanic ?

Haven’t tried myself as I can’t fly caps, but this sounds really bad. On the other hand this may have an easy fix … let rats spawn continuously, scan timer not stop … but the beacon has to be kept alive with reps! If you don’t kill rats in time the DPS will overwhelm your reps eventually.

The beacon has to be beefy enough on the resists the rats shoot at, but low on others for PvP options. This also all would make more sense.

I fully agree with you, everybody is talking about the payout but what really bothers me is this poor design.
We wait for enough things in eve (every passive gameplay you can think of+skills), the idea was to do something else than spinning with a full passive ishtar and now we have to wait for gameplay in a capital?

Come on