Summon the Swarm

So the beacon just explodes and gives nothing?

And no final boss in my test, no drone carrier or super carrier. Are these ships among possible spawns like faction spawns in normal anoms or are they not going to show up?

1 Like

Slight bug where if you undock in rolled drones they are already damaged. The drone bay does repair them as normal though. Still testing the sites, idk if its supposed to allow cloaking/cynoā€™s, but it does.

Few of my biggest complaints:

No idea the actual value of the site due to the trash drops not having a value on SISI. As of right now (I know that Rise stated the drops will be buffed tomorrow) I donā€™t feel its worth it, you are putting anywhere from 5-9b on field with the dread/marauder combo. and getting very little in return.

Site is incredibly mundane. Itā€™s not a big challenge. Thereā€™s no final boss or spicy battle at the end, it simply stops counting down and drops the loot. I would say these sites are one of the most boring PVE anoms Iā€™ve done.

Advertised for carriers/supers, but I feel like you are just setting them up to die and lose a ton of ISK. They absolutely haze fighters, high and frequent alpha. Will split a carrier open very easily. I found the site to be an absolute breeze with 1 HAW Phoenix 1 Golem. HAW revelation is even better than the phoenix, actually makes it so you donā€™t need the golem.

I agree with being able to deploy MTUā€™s and cyno jammers inside of the ring with me. What I donā€™t like, and I know this is a bug, but Iā€™m able to drop a POS tower then I drop the site beacon. After the 5 minute tether timer is done. I will pop the bubble and online the guns. I sat inside of the POS shield and watched it kill the rats.

I have been unable to acquire one of the skill books yet after doing several sites, so unsure if thats just how it is and they are very rare or they donā€™t drop at all yet. This makes it impossible for me to test out the new rolled drones :frowning:

They appear to be using sleeper AI, they will hyper-focus on E-war/remote reps which makes the site immensely easy to manipulate.

As of right now, Iā€™m not very sure how I feel about rolling dronesā€¦ I honestly feel you could have done something more meaningful. I understand you guys got bought out by PA, but I really do not want to deal with BDO RNG in this game as well.

Few of the proā€™s:

New almost horde mode like gameplay, which is very fun for me. If the site actually played like a horde mode that is. Progressively harder waves. More rats, different damage/tank types with assorted ewar. Sadly it lacks all of that. The site only averages around 2-4 NPCā€™s per spawn with several seconds between waves. Largest spawn I had was 6 NPCā€™s. The distinct lack of real neut pressure makes running these in capitals a breeze unless you are in a carrier. Carriers I feel arenā€™t a good decision for this type of site/mob.

100% portable sites. You can do these anywhere you want in LS/NS, if one system gets a bit much traffic you can just move to the next one and setup shop there.

ā€œCapital levelā€ PVE. This will be nice for a whaling group, you can warp right on top of the enemy cap and go right to work mowing it over.

I will be testing this out further tomorrow when the update is made. Iā€™ll edit this feedback as changes are made.

3 Likes

So you said Supercarriers and Titans can run those sites. How exactly are Titans supposed to run any type of PVE content with a non existent ability to apply? Supercarriers sure. They were already kings of ratting before.

Need to allow it to keep scanning while drones are on grid but npcs are dead so drones are inactive. Also good launch, But they do too much damage to drones imo.

Good idea tho, Think they need to be worth more as you will be required to have a fax with u or a active tanked dread / carrier.

1 Like

Yes and no.

I too would expect it to be very binary as it will be that binary in case the rewards largely consist of bounty ISK.

However, if CCP implements this well the rewards will not be ISK, but will offer value in the form of new items that can be traded on the market.

This way the rewards can be worth enough to do the sites without messing up the economy with yet another ISK source, and the value of the rewards will be balanced by supply and demand. Once many people do it the rewards become less tempting and if almost no one wants to risk their capital ship the demand for those items might make it worth it to risk a capital ship for a risk-taker.

As these sites seem to become the (only?) source for new drone stuff (the recently leaked drone upgrades I think), the rewards could very well work out fine: valuable enough for people to do it, but with a value that goes down once more people do this content.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve done one of these new ā€œsitesā€, so hereā€™s what I found:

Carriers and supercarriers are out of the question, first, the carrier will just melt under 5 minutes due to how much damage the rats do, second, the fighters get insta-popped, reducing the reward a lot.
That leaves Dreads and Titans, but titans canā€™t track small stuff, so only Dreads.

The onlining of the beacon makes you unable to Warp, dock etc (Titan Doomsday effect) for 4mins (anchoring time) + 1 more minutes after that, so 5 minutes stuck on grid on top of the beacon.

You then need to defend the beacon for 10~30 minutes (The timer is 10 minutes, but whenever thereā€™s rats on grid, including drones deployed by rats, the timer pauses).

The beacon is visible on overview throughout the entire system, and you can warp to it at 0 and land on top of the Dread, light cyno etc.

From what iā€™ve tried, a solo HAW Dread would take around 20 to 25 minutes to completes the whole site.
Did a whole site, got 2 mutaplasmids dropped by rats, 1 dropped by the Concord drone beacon, which also have 440* Rogue drone survey data (similar to trig data, sellable to NPC, no idea of its worth yet)

In a 100% BRM system, the combined bounties + ESS is around 50m isk, which barely covers the price of the beacon, which would be around 35 to 40m with the current BP and Tranquility prices.

Forgot to say, the rats can also switch aggro to the beacon itself, and destroy it in under 5 seconds, making you waste money (beacon cannot be scooped) as well as time.

4 Likes

Not to mention Titans are also out of the questions because they canā€™t even track the battleships. I tried it. Even with a stasis grappler it is a gamble.

The sites require a capital ship to online the beacon, but itā€™s not necessarily solo content right?

Just wondering, could you activate it in a fax with battleships to kill the rats?

1 Like

Did you guys forget that you nerfed capital survivability? or that you made them so expensive there is no point in flying them outside of alliance fleets? I seriously doubt that any reward will be worth actually using a capital. You guys need to fix capitals before something like this is even viable.

1 Like

I would agree with you but years of mining and destroying economy already proves that you are wrong. Not to mention that drones arenā€™t meta outside PvE. Who will be buyer for this? Abyss runners? Supers pilots? Demand will be limited and itā€™s not like new drones will make them more broadly used in PvP to keep destruction and demand up.

Iā€™m not even gonna start on risk aversion. People arenā€™t gonna use new drones if they will be expensive.

Somehow it feels like decent idea at drawing board. but fail in same spot like every other idea: CCP donā€™t understand own game.

You could use a FAX to online it yes, but then youā€™d need to split loot, and your Battleships would need a good buffer.

In my first try i had a carrier with 50 to 80% resists, and sometimes when they were shooting in my highest resistances I took some 6k alpha every 5s.

The rats also have a good amount of EHP compared to normal rats, so youā€™d need a few battleships to kill the rats at a decent speed, but then youā€™d split loot even more.

So this has nothing to do with the players, this is just a way to fix the problems scarcity created. Which means they have no plan on reversing scarcity. nice.

No thatā€™s just me theorycrafting uses.

so triple leviathans with boson DD and you are all good. and maybe haw dread or two and supercarrier tooā€¦ grat opportunity for supercarrer/titan hunters

The Rats warp on grid not at the same place together, and some of them will orbit you 60km away while moving at 2.5 km/s, so titans are just a bad idea, even with boson

1 Like

itā€™s just f@#king boring

2 Likes

Saw a news about capital ratting, got exited, tried it and got disappointed.
Those who designed them clearly never used capitals in this game.

• Frigate sized npc and drones? 2k+ npc velocity? Really? For capitals?
  • Titans canā€™t track, Carriers just die, SC probably can tank, Dread is fine more or less
  • 2-5 NPCs? For capital activity? With limit of 3 per system? Engagement of that activity is same as any l4 mission - boring.
  • Reward? Well 1.8 mil bounty for battleship? No thank you Iā€™d rather continue spinning my ishtar.

Clearly need to remove cruiser and smaller NPC (and add capitals\supers NPC). Drastically increase bounty. Increase NPC count - so I have something to shoot (and share) with friends in actual fleet.

2 Likes

Thats a very big ā€œifā€ for the current CCP.

Try it and I tottaly agreeā€¦ The carriers and the fighters are melting down immediately as the cruisers NPC are doing almost 1k damage per shoot and when they switch to fighters they pop a squad in 10-15 sec. The SC can tank the damage but they also lose the fighters as the heavy ones are slow. I would like to see who is going to pin their 40-50b ship for 5 min on an warpable beacon visible on the whole system for the current rewardā€¦ Clearly someone at CCP dont understand the human behaviorā€¦

2 Likes

or, you donā€™t understand how CCP operates when they release content to Singularity @Lucibv . This goes for both you and @VovanSK , theyā€™ve already stated that the statistics and specifics on Singularity are not reflective of the final point. The reason for this, pretty obvious really, is that they donā€™t want people able to pin down fully how the content will run until after they have it go fully live.

1 Like