Summon the Swarm

We ran one in lowsec with a titan doing the initial onlining, and got a drone super at the end of it.

Loot: Evepraisal - Appraisal 11s24g: 9.96 Billion Buy / 9.98 Billion Sell
Salvage: Evepraisal - Appraisal 11s27r: 192.29 Million Buy / 192.41 Million Sell

Unfortunately the beacon died and I had to get back to work so we didn’t see what that one paid out. Going to wait for tomorrow’s updates to do more testing, higher rewards sounds really good as the payout from these sites (officer drone capital excluded) were hard to justify the risk in their current form.

Doesn’t surprise me that these can’t be used in Pochven, but it also makes me wicked sad - thematically, there’d be no better place to use them than there </3 I’d love to see that change, but know it isn’t likely.

There are a number of people with caps hidden away in Pochven @CCP_Paradox, having them bring them out for the purpose of trying to run these beacons would be an enormous draw for content and activity imo, given how aware of them doing so everyone else in Pochven would be.

If it’s so easy to kill, will there be killmails for it? Like I said earlier, my CRAB just exploded and didn’t drop a can and there were no NPC on grid that could have destroyed it. Right now it’s quite confusing when this happens and you don’t know what’s going on.

You already print way too much ISK in Poochven as it is. You don’t need even more ISK printing potential.

Besides, Poochven is advertised as capital free zone. You don’t want capitals there.

2 Likes

Hoorah! At last some positive content, this will get my cap/super accounts resubbed, just hope it helps make Inner Hell / BB / NPSI roams what they were before so we can see defence fleet pings all night to ride all the content caps in space creates.

Rewards need to be compelling though post Scarcity, no way I’m putting out a super for drone mutaplasmids alone!

I myself am not a Pochven crab, but that’s a fair retort - though I’d be really entertained if some large fights to kill tanky cap ships that would otherwise never undock were to happen. It’s a cap free zone technically, but they’re still there (for now) haha

There are caps in hisec. but that doesn’t mean they should allow capitals in hisec.

1 Like

The sites are survivable with a dual repping/cap injector Thanatos. I wasn’t able to complete the site in time before the drones destroyed the beacon sadly.

Additional you can definitely tell how afraid CCP is with the faucet on how abysmal the rewards were.

Also @CCP_Swift @CCP_Paradox, any chance you guys want to pass along the suggestion to give the option to re-name drones alongside this feature? With mutaplasmids coming for them, I think it’d be very nice to be able to give endearing names to ones people get attached to~

This wiggly guy was originally the rogue light drone, but was for some reason changed to the same type of rogue drone as the medium one - I hope he comes back <3

4 Likes

Fair, but Pochven is a but different after all- not much way to fight a cap in high sec, hence the ban, but anything goes in Pochven. That said, I really enjoy the place being generally cap-free

1 Like

wriggly boi.

also +1 to the suggestion

2 Likes

Just did 2 of these in a Hel. The first one, the Beacon just blew up with 2:30 on the timer. Got a single light drone mutiplasmid. Did the second one with the help of 2 carriers. That one yield 4 or 5 drone mutiplasmid and 1000 Rogue Drone Survey Data (I assume identical to trig survey data). In each of the sites I lost a flight of ametat 2s and in the second lost 1 flight of templars. Each site yielded around 35-45mil isk.

The beacon locks you from warping, cloaking, and tethering for a total of 5 minutes once linking starts. My first opinion, these are better left to dreadnoughts. The rewards seem pretty skinny, unless the survey data goes to high price NPC buy orders.

In that case of low value reward, no one will do these, meaning the mutiplasmids will be expensive, and who wants to put expensive mutiplasmids on a drone?

Also they give t1 salvage from wrecks
aFvPvae.png (1084×425) (imgur.com)

2 Likes

Some people used to do Boson ratting in titans. Not sure if that’s still a thing, however. There’s at least 1 vid on youtube showing said Boson ratting. I’m just too lazy to find it again.

The Beacon blows up after 30 minutes.
Finishing the count down within this time seems to fail 2/3 times due to density of spawns and especially due to frigate rats tanking a verry long time to die to smart bombs.
Spawn type and spawn density seem to be completely random.

Looking at material input the beacon will cost about 50% more then a cyno beacon ~ 40mil ISK or so.
40 mil ISK is also the amount of Bounty payout over 30 min so that part is merely a fancy way to burn some minerals.

Loot from the cycle i did manage to finish was one drone mutaplasmit and 360x “Drone survey data”
Price for those doesn’t show but i guess thats 1 million each?

So one pay out per 90 min
Maybe 1 bil per 3 hours + traveling to high sec to play with NPCs to actually get that money.
20 hours to pay for a new Dread.
Sieged. On a beacon thats visible on overview.

So yea probably i am wrong and the data sheets are intendet to sell for 10 million a piece.
CCP can’t possibly be dumb enough to believe 1 million is enough to fix their shitty risk / reward ballance, right?

Dang, that’s pretty demoralising. In a world where replacing a Nyx costs me c28b unfit (significantly more for someone to build - fortunately nobody really sees them as a long term goal now which keeps the price below build cost) that’s some god awful incentives to put them on field.

There was me thinking CCP were going to embrace cap gameplay again instead of the inferences it’s a diminished/outgoing playstyle as they strive for Subcaps Online.

There’s a tweet from rise referencing a significant buff to the payout in tomorrow’s patch: https://twitter.com/CCP_Rise/status/1443282342173241344

1 Like

Another give away for the blue donut boys.

how to make these sites delicious both ratters and hunters?

• give the NPC hics… or npc interdictor that would get supercarrier/titan pinned so pilot must call for help
  • do not increase payout per site too much but yeah less than 2m per battleship kill is not attractive,put it to like 10m per one battleship
    *loot: well basically loot should not be too huge but make it worth the risk
  • HAW titans would work in these sites,perhaps RHML missiles? maybe…anyway haw titans should come back
  • the beacon issue…its easy to lose it to rats or to your own smartbombs,you need bring sufficient amount of logi pilots to keep beacon alive,its dying too fast. otherwise make beacon spawn 10-15km away from player ship so there wont be any accidents.
  • as those beacons cause to open up celestial beacon anyone can come in and tackle whatever landed there,payouts need to be adjusted along loot to encourage capital pilots to come in and run these sites…maybe add hackable container that opens gate for eventual intruders so capital pilot has very little (but still) time to a) call for help b) jump away,
    *hics/interdictors still show on dscan so eventual capital player can just emergency cyno away…yes see above . we need npc interdictor or npc hic…
    *also if its gonna be huge risk as above,reward must be valuable eoungh to make capital pilots put evrything on one card and risk their ship.

So far no one has mentioned the potential for other players to just zip in and gank the beacons for fun+salt.

4 Likes

Stupid question, are “Rogue Drone Survey Data” a pseudo blue loot ? If yes what’s the current buy order ? because we can’t find any so we can hardly “value” them :confused: