@Eloken_Toralen all of the Wine processes in total are 236 MB. Meanwhile the launcher is showing me 7 processes - yes just for the launcher - totaling 2,982.7 MB.
Now I start the client and shut down the launcher…
Now at the character select screen no launcher running. Eve is holding at 1.8 GB + 33 MB for the crash handler, while all 8 of the Wine processes are still at 236 MB.
After loading into a character in dock. Eve jumps to 2.2 GB.
After the character undocks, 2.9 GB.
After the first jump from Rens to Frarn 3.3 GB.
Only minutes later, jumping to Embod, 5 jumps from the start 3.5 GB.
Back to character select screen Eve holds at 3.4 GB whereas before this was only 1.8 GB.
As you can see the game retains the RAM used and no longer needed for that character. When I logoff and return to the character select screen, why isn’t the memory freed? Returning to the game with another character it jumps back to 3.5 GB. As @stefnia_Freir showed, the longer you play and the more you do, causes more RAM used and little to none freed.
One of my friends asked me, if the script was dangerous by killing the game couldn’t I lose a ship? If I lock up in Jita and have to reboot the system, I might lose a ship either way.
Fly safe o7