Thank you CCP for raising prices!

Ok, then what’s the problem? What you’re describing is just basic capitalism: the company sets a price, consumers choose whether or not to buy at that price. If the increased per-customer revenue offsets the loss of customers then the business comes out ahead. There’s no moral issue here at all.

Fair dos!

I agree that we vote with our money. but I would like to continue to pay for the game. but not ready to do it if the price rises. on this I express my (and not only my opinion) to raise prices.

in your country, too, the price is lower than they pay in other countries, do not you tell me your opinion if you raise it?

Id be disappointed if it priced me out of playing a game yeah, but I cant say Id take it personally.

I cant afford a lot of things, but I vote with my wallet, its all they understand.

CCP drastically increased prices for many countries last year. Many of them were poorer than Russia then and are poorer now. So why do you feel special about this?
Also “pandemic” is not an excuse. Whole world has it rough right now and our prices were already bad (normalized) even before everything started.

5 Likes

I never thought I’d see the day when so many of you turn in to Pearl Abyss apologists.

Yes. I wanted back and planned to buy omega. And it’s not problem for me. But I think not only for myself but about other people too. And I will be feel myself not comfy if Russians will going from EVE.
Despite the fact that I talked more with the Japanese in the game training my Japanese language than with the Russians.

You decide for yourself whether it will be interesting for you to play without a strong Russian-speaking community? So, what I’m saying here is not only for the Russians. But it’s for the benefit of the whole EVE, as I think. The EVE only lost with such prices for Russia. It’s mistake of CCP.

how many ally from Vietnam or from Singapore do you know? Or maybe from Indonesia? The fact that the Russians love hard games. Russians love space and hi-tech.

CCP said they change the prices because many US players abuse it (put it in other words - pay with rubles using VPN). May be they should think WHY people from the “West” are trying to pay less for the game they “love” in the first place?

Sure it is a free market everywhere now. Online games play by the same rules of supply and demand. If your price suddenly goes up (twice!) - you are faced with broader options on where to spend that money… and since most of the subscriptions for online games in Russian market cost on par or less (than what eve online will ask for since 1 of july), for many it will play a role in deciding wether to stay or to leave.

Just think of it this way (to all who pay “fair” amount now), what would be your reaction if tomorrow you are told you will be paying $30 instead of $15 for the same product? Will you say “Yes, master Yoda! I would suggest you do it every month, until all who do not have faith in your wisdom - disappear!”… I have no doubt you will go kick Jita instead.

So if you have certain share of playerbase you are entitled to get special treatment? This is how it works?

Also don’t you think that there could be more alliances from Vietnam\Singapore\Brazil\you-name-it if they had special treatment 7$ per month sub price all this time since 2014, and not the usual 15$ they always had? Or localization in client? Or support in their native language?

The “why” is not complicated at all: because it’s cheaper. People will do selfish things for short-term benefit even if it causes long-term damage to the thing they enjoy. You only have to look at the popularity of piracy to see that demonstrated.

I would go that route and make it $7 for Vietnam\Singapore\Brazil\you-name-it (even for US and EU - users who had one account will just pay for another or spend more for plex - once you are in you will no doubt spend as much as you can “mentally” afford for an online game) to make a larger player base! Instead of making it so hardcore (and expensive for those countries) that they don’t even consider getting past the alpha account. However, its their product (CCP) and they decide how much to ask for it…

1 Like

Because this is a game, not water, food, clothing, shelter, or medicine.

It is not difficult to bypass geo-restrictions and purchase stuff in a different currency. Look what I posted recently:

If everybody used a virtual credit card service like I did (for a digital product from a different company) to purchase EVE subs through the Russian portal at the previous rates, CCP would have lost half their income overnight. By raising prices, CCP ensures that they maintain their income whether or not players attempt to bypass geo-restrictions. If this were a tangible good then prices could be relative to the cost of living, but since this is a digital good it has to be relative to a minimum baseline price.

It’s also worth noting that PLEX is a thing and it’s not hard to acquire via in-game means even from Alpha state, and that the game actually has an Alpha state is something to be grateful for, so there’s really nothing to complain about. EVE is a luxury; if you cannot afford the luxury then it is unfortunate but at least CCP’s reasons for raising prices were not out of greed - they were quite sensible.

Everybody didn’t do that. But what you did was just announce the fact that CCP should look closely into banning you and all your accts.

I never used a VCC to sub to EVE - I used a VCC to bypass georestrictions for a digital product from a different company. All my EVE subs have been in USD. Also, even if I did sub to EVE in a different currency via VCC (which I didn’t), it’s not illegal :upside_down_face:

Of course you did. And legal as defined by some rando in a forum does not trump the games TOS.

1 Like

Kindly pull up the respective paragraph from the TOS or any other policy :joy:

Better yet. I’ll just wait until you suddenly aren’t in the game anymore.