Thanks for the Grand Prix event....not

imo you are wrong bro

have a beginner video about pvp

edit:
and a advanced one

2 Likes

Dock Workers live in Kourm, Smart Bombing Battleships are just part of life there.

1 Like

I think this event is good, it provides an incentive for inexperienced players to learn how to move around lowsec and nullsec safely.

1 Like

I did not know New Eden had all of these cool sites, enjoying this event relay much. Avoiding gankers and camps is super fun.

1 Like

4x Republic Fleet Small Shield Extender + 1 x Damage Control II fitted to a Stiletto will get you past one, maybe two BS smartbomber but not three.

Have to bounce moons etc, set bookmarks in a Rifter speed fit first I think but even then what are the chances they thought of that too?

/Scratch those plans they have 4 smart bombing. ( I was goign to run with my High Grade Jackals)

1 Like

Just go out there with points and ranged guns and destroy them. Easy peasy.

3 Likes

You’re just like the mother who packs the boys lunches! Aren’t ya?

If you can pin them down on the gate right after they finish smartbombing somebody, the gate guns will do most of the work.

This fit will not make it even without the (yellow) diminishing returns.

/
Anyhow the Jackal set doesn’t make that much of a difference as they will still see ya coming on d’scan

Yeah, I checked the Rewards in the Agency, nothing but a bunch of Ship Skins and a few Warp Speed Boosters. They could have at least included a couple of Cerebral Accelerators and some Apparel items, maybe even a special Implant for completing it.

The only rewards appealing enough to complete this event is in the ‘Extra Lap’ speed run contest:

It seems to me that a covert, nullified T3C is the way to go for this event. Immune to bubbles, warp cloaked, big buffer, what more do you need?

[Loki, Grand Prix Loki]
Damage Control II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II

Multispectrum Shield Hardener II
Caldari Navy Large Shield Extender

Covert Ops Cloaking Device II

Medium Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II

Loki Core - Dissolution Sequencer
Loki Defensive - Covert Reconfiguration
Loki Offensive - Launcher Efficiency Configuration
Loki Propulsion - Interdiction Nullifier

Hornet EC-300 x2
Vespa EC-600 x3

EDIT:
If you’re paranoid and don’t mind aligning slower, put warp stabs in the lows.

3 Likes

I think the Gank Prix event is pretty cool.

I completed the Southern, Eastern and Northern routes last night in one sitting, on an alt with no implants, with under 1m SP in a Tech I Rifter.

I got hit by a smartbombing Apocalypse and Rokh at one gate, and was down to 400 Hull remaining but made it through the gate.

I was bubbled and locked by a Sabre at another gate but burned with AB and made it through.

I was locked by a Jackdaw at another gate but escaped.

I saw many many monuments I have never seen before (favourite was the Black Monolith in Dead End I think) and visited parts of space I have never been to before. I got what was it, 8 free SKINs and 10 free Boosters, and had a good time.

If you died doing it, you died, but we can’t start saying things in EVE are no fun because of death surely, not in EVE of all games where death / ship loss is supposed to be just one of those things.

And yes, it was a bit of a gankfest, gankers paradise, Gank Prix, but what a thrill if you made it through in one piece.

Content for all. Because you know, gankers just wanna have fun too.

2 Likes

I got past 2 in a Rifter with 4000 EHP.

Can’t say such things. That’s 5x more expensive than my Rifter with 3000 more EHP and aligns 1 second faster, and still my cheap old 8m Tech I Rifter made it through all 3 routes earning me all 36 points.

99% of the Gank Prix is luck.

1 Like

Awesome! So what have you learned? Did you learn anything about safe travel, predicting player behavior, or risk management in general?

Not only might this knowledge help someone else, but I’m willing to bet that the community will add and expand upon what you put. So, you might even learn a thing or two in the process.

1 Like

With me it’s more about once bitten twice shy.

1 Like

Um…

When you log in, you are agreeing to engage PVP whether you want to or not.

THAT is EvE…

–Gadget is engaged to industry, but PVP is a side beau

1 Like

-Sigh- Another one that doesn’t get my original post. I am not opposed to PVP, I’m rather in favor of it. I’m just saying there’s a difference between PVP and ganking, and this event created a situation of extreme ganking. Not fun for anyone but the enforcing corp of 20-some people, while probably 300+ got killed and podded.

Dray Cil

2 Likes

Not sure if you’re being sarcastic or not, but even though I’ve been playing since 2012 (well with a 5 year break in there), I learned smartbombing in lowsec is do-able even with sentry guns at the gates. smirk

Dray Cil

1 Like

I ended up doing this after all. I grabbed one of my 4M SP alts, plugged the Expert System in, and took off in my Ares. It was a little challenging to get a sub 2s align, but if you can manage that, this is very doable and I enjoyed it. Challenging, but not impossible. A nice mix of high sec and low sec, with some nullsec at the end.

1 Like

I wasn’t replying to you… unless you are using Argel_OTF2 to stoke responses…

–Gadget shot true