The CODE Troll

EDIT PREAMBLE: This is not meant to be an ISK productive activity. You are using the miner as bait. The first to post below thought I was guarding the miner with the Abaddon with the intent of actually mining for ISK.

Introducing the latest cost efficient design to troll CODE. This will require two accounts: 1 Procurer, 1 Abaddon. Both ships will be insured with tech 1 fittings to increase ISK efficiency in the event that you lose one or both

If you lose both ships then you’ll have forced them to deploy 4x as many ships and pilots as they would normally need to gank a single Procurer (thus trading super ISK positive after insurance).

The Abaddon (overheat all racks):
[Abaddon, Code troll]

Co-Processor I
Reactive Armor Hardener
Adaptive Nano Plating II
Explosive Plating II
Adaptive Nano Plating II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II

Heavy Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Cap Booster 3200
F-90 Compact Sensor Booster, Scan Resolution Script

Large Ancillary Remote Shield Booster, Cap Booster 150
Large Murky Compact Remote Shield Booster
Improved Cloaking Device II

Large Processor Overclocking Unit I
Large Processor Overclocking Unit I
Large Low Friction Nozzle Joints I

Heavy Shield Maintenance Bot I x2
Medium Shield Maintenance Bot I x2
Light Shield Maintenance Bot I x1

The Procurer:
[Procurer, Proc Fit]

Type-D Restrained Reinforced Bulkheads
Damage Control II

Limited ‘Anointed’ EM Ward Field
Limited Thermal Dissipation Field I
Limited Adaptive Invulnerability Field I
Limited Adaptive Invulnerability Field I

Strip Miner I
Strip Miner I

Medium Core Defense Field Extender I

Hornet EC-300 x5
Hornet I x5

How to implement:
Go to Code heartland and fake afk mine in your covetor (or actually, just afk mine period into a jetcan).

On your main account place the abbadon at an offgrid perch while cloaked aligned to the Procurer. The moment a gank fleet appears on D-scan decloak (to counter target delay) and start warping to your Procurer. Overheat all racks while in warp (make sure you have scan res script).

Your Abbadon should arrive after they do, giving you the element of surprise (the cloak is important so they don’t see you chillin there, they’ll know something is up).

Start remote repping your procurer.

Reap goon tears and post on forums…uh CODE tearz? Goons.

GF

(they haven’t taken my bait in over a month now, I got to make a new alt for this, nerf local!)

Do not drop the low frictions/inertial stabs, you need them to stop warp asap.

5 Likes

Allocating an entire account just to guard a miner? I’d call that a huge win for the Code.

10 Likes

You’re not guarding the miner. You using the miner as bait.

This is not meant to be an ISK productive activity.

1 Like

This is not meant to be a time-wasting activity, either, but it doesn’t mean that it actually isn’t one.

A Procurer is the most Code-compliant mining vessel in highsec, even more so than a Skiff due to the aforementioned tank/cost ratio. It will take a long time for it to grab attention of a ganking fleet. Now, if you placed a Hulk full of ORE strip miners, Aoedes, and Harvester drones, that would be a whole different kind of bait.

4 Likes

I’m about to step it up to a Hulk bait with tech 2 mods. They won’t attack my procurer anymore with my abbadon alt in local :frowning: I thought they were all about “enfocing the CODE” at all costs since they get “300 bil ISK donations” LOLOLOLOL.

Going to have to bring two or three Abaddons with friends if I put a bling Hulk in their territory.

4 Likes

Not being there when CODE. turn up is free

4 Likes

So the success of your whole setup depends on waiting for hours or days with nothing happening, and then having a split-second reaction to d-scan and perfect timing on your repairs, for the reward of … tears?

I’d recommend filling your cargo hold with skill books, and picking a scenic location, so you can at least train skills and spin the camera while you wait.

5 Likes

Seems like a pretty boring way to play the game.

Each to their own though. Can’t see it working, but good luck with it.

4 Likes

It does make things for magnificent code a bit more complicated, since they have to be aware it could be a trap.
It’s a ‘small win’ for everyone trying to avoid these self proclaimed scumbags.
Although they will probably just suppress it by taking their chances at any time and have a jar for it to cover the cost.

This isn’t trolling CODE. It’s doing quite literally what they want you to do: Playing proactively in an attempt to ensure survival and/or engaging in the PvP sandbox.

You’re pretty much doing both. It’s not terribly effective, regardless of the ships you use, but you’re trying and that’s what counts!

5 Likes

On the other hand, Code. WANTS you to tank and protect your miners properly, rather than going “GIMME HULK GIMME AEODES GIMME HARVESTER DRONES ■■■■ TANK ■■■■ AWARENESS LET’S GO AFK”. So there’s that.

I was referring to people flying in ventures for most part (yes people mine in those ships and they think it’s fun)
Hulks and harvester drones you should keep somewhere far away in belowsec inside protected areas of your alliance.

There are far better ways to bait us :smiley: there are some miners who are actually pretty clever, but that is extremely rare. Also don’t really expect tears. I fail ganks all the time, that’s not something special, it is just part of the game.

4 Likes

cheapest way to troll code, just mine somewhere that they aren’t. seriously, HS is huge, and code only patrols a tiny fraction of it (despite their claims) just get away from the trade hubs by a few jumps and mine to your hearts content code free.

1 Like

It’s more fun to troll them. CODE gives me content. I’m actually thinking of going full bling on a Hulk with a few friends in the abaddons.

I assume these threads are made by code to try and keep the meta game alive. I’ve only seen code in game twice in the years I’ve played, and I do nearly nothing but PvE

1 Like

Hey, c’mon this is EVE, if he wants to blow his ISK (and time) in this manner…okay, who is it hurting. If anything CODE might find it fun in that they get an actual challenge (if it works), and if he’s having fun then it is all good.

1 Like

Utterly hilarious.

Just to be clear, what you’re basically saying here is that, it’s now not good enough for miners to buy a ‘licenceread: pay ‘danger’ money to CODE to allow them to mine without thugs ‘bravely’ turning up in well-armed ships to harass and bump them, suicide gank them and/or rob them, right? 1

It would seem that CODE has now apparently decided to appoint itself as, and feels it has a right to act as, a kind of fitting and ship choice inspectorate that demands that all miners fly ships that it personally has to approve of.

The arrogance on display here really is quite breathtaking.

I really do wish some of these ‘heroes’ would grow some kind of a spine and go and fight in null-sec space with someone who can fight back, rather than menacing miners and attacking unarmed ships in high sec space.

For miners: If you want to mine without hassle or at least with less, seek out the Anti-Gank alliance, find out about safe fits for mining ships and please ignore gankers like Salah ad-Din al-Jawahiri - their freely offered up ‘advice’ is, at best, wholly suspect.

1 Ganking miners, incidentally and for what it’s worth, is still happening (and has been for some time) even to miners who’ve coughed up the cash for a ‘licence’ and put some kind of pithy obsequious pro-CODE message in their biog text extolling the virtues of being fleeced for money by a named CODE minion. My advice would be to not pay up. Just fly a good AGA recommended fit and watch local to see if any gankers pop up.

2 Likes

If you read deeper into what he said it’s even more atrocious.

The permit be damned!

The way I interpreted it was:
“Being in brick tanked ship while mining afk without a permit is more Code-compliant than mining in max yield Hulk while at the keyboard with a permit.”

Now the question is, are you the troll or are you the trolled?

5 Likes