The colour orange in-game

Does anyone know the colour hex code of the colour orange that EVE uses in game? The links that you create when you drag a fitting to a chat window: that colour. I think #FFA500 comes pretty close, but I would like to know for sure.

1 Like

ffa500 is the color of the links. Put that ingame in the bio <color=0xffffa500>Service</color>, make it bold and then put a link next to it. If you want to be extra sure, make a screenshot of both texts and analyze the color in a picture manipulation program.

Interesting, thank you! Doing just that shows the hex as #F7931E instead of #FFA500. It’s a minor difference to the eye but it’s still a different colour.

1 Like

You are actually right. FFA500 is ever so slightly brighter than F7931E.

EVE isn’t really consistent it seems when it comes to using colours. Hyperlinks inside the game, for instance linking from a corporation bio to an external url uses the code #FFA600 for the colour orange.

It’s all about differentiating different links. :smiley:

It’s probably more about different devs making different choices, with zero standardization. This is, after all, EVE.

1 Like

Use the little color tool that comes with Windows. You can point at a spot and pick up the color.

What if I’m not running Windows?

In that case you use linux or macOS, for which you have to look for similar tools. I would be very surprised if Linux didn’t have a console command for that kind of stuff. As for macOS … well, some people like suffering. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pffft.

Then you don’t need help because those other systems are so easy to use…

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.