The colour orange in-game

(Bo Dauphin) #1

Does anyone know the colour hex code of the colour orange that EVE uses in game? The links that you create when you drag a fitting to a chat window: that colour. I think #FFA500 comes pretty close, but I would like to know for sure.

(Rivr Luzade) #2

ffa500 is the color of the links. Put that ingame in the bio <color=0xffffa500>Service</color>, make it bold and then put a link next to it. If you want to be extra sure, make a screenshot of both texts and analyze the color in a picture manipulation program.

(Bo Dauphin) #3

Interesting, thank you! Doing just that shows the hex as #F7931E instead of #FFA500. It’s a minor difference to the eye but it’s still a different colour.

(Rivr Luzade) #4

You are actually right. FFA500 is ever so slightly brighter than F7931E.

(Bo Dauphin) #5

EVE isn’t really consistent it seems when it comes to using colours. Hyperlinks inside the game, for instance linking from a corporation bio to an external url uses the code #FFA600 for the colour orange.

(Rivr Luzade) #6

It’s all about differentiating different links. :smiley:

(Markus Reinhart) #7

It’s probably more about different devs making different choices, with zero standardization. This is, after all, EVE.

(Salt Foambreaker) #8

Use the little color tool that comes with Windows. You can point at a spot and pick up the color.

(Corwin Dnari) #9

What if I’m not running Windows?

(Rivr Luzade) #10

In that case you use linux or macOS, for which you have to look for similar tools. I would be very surprised if Linux didn’t have a console command for that kind of stuff. As for macOS … well, some people like suffering. :slight_smile:

(Corwin Dnari) #11

Pffft.

(Salt Foambreaker) #12

Then you don’t need help because those other systems are so easy to use…

(system) #13

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.