The consequences of 'Trig space'?

The truth is often the simplest explanation: These Abyssal pockets are procedurally-generated and thus not easily distributed between multiple players. These may only ever be a solo play experience.

why make friends when you can just multibox and whipe out fleets. I know people that do and watch 1 guy with 5 alts + 1 guy wipe out a 22 man fleet amounting to around 40 kills for the 22 man fleet as they reshipped and didn’t kill 1 of the 6 ships.

1 Like

From what we’ve heard so far, there will be no ship prizes this year. Next AT is unknown.

Procedurally generated on the server, not in the client. The information is still going to be sent to the client, so it could easily be sent to multiple clients.

Procedurally generated doesn’t make them a solo only activity.

2 Likes

Or maybe not easily, which could be why they’re a solo activity initially.

It’s no more difficult than it already is to send information about dungeons in mission sites, or combat sites, of PvP situations, etc.

It’s what the game does. Nothing difficult at all.

Solo has been a game design decision, not a technical limitation.

I’d expect it has little to do with resources and more with balance. It’s easier to balance encounters for one ship than for 2 (N vs N^2 possibilities, also with a second ship you bring all kinds of new interactions). That’s my guess as to why it’s solo for now.

When they get more comfortable with single ship balance, I’d expect them to make new small gang content using the same concepts. They did say this was a test bed intended to grow, after all. CCP’s recent attempts at fleet content (FOBs, Resources Wars) failed miserably, so trying to start from the other end of the scale seems smart to me.

2 Likes

well alts need to be removed from the game too but one problem at a time. ccp has problems getting a single issue right at any given time.

3 Likes

‘Never’ is a big word.

I agree there are areas of space where the idea would be ill-fitted, like Null-sec, but I see also other areas where this would fit perfectly and encourage small-scale warfare.

Everything is about fait fights.

Nobody keeps playing a game in which they keep losing, and to put it in more EVE terms:
‘Nobody engage in a fight in which he has not already won’.

This right there is the problem looming for EVE as more and more players achieve mastery. They become risk adverse because the risks vastly outnumber the potential rewards. From the Blob to the hyper-blinged ship, all those are symptoms of people just avoiding risk to a pathological level for the game.

Eventually fairness/engageability/commitment are issues that the game will have to address, because right now it is heavily skewed in favor of the unfairness you talked about, risk avoidance, and blue-balling.

3 Likes

My understanding is that completing one of these Trig sites in high sec will give you “Suspect” status once you’re spat out. I think this is great.

Not everyone is as thrilled as you are at this prospect.

1 Like

Please avoid unnecessary exaggerations in these regards. Your scenario does not happen for 99.99% of all people in highsec, and would likely only happen if you were dumb enough to make it happen all by yourself.

All you achieve is creating a self fulfilling prophecy, where someone reads your post and decides to track you down once the feature hits.

We’ll see after the event starts. If there’s a suspect flag given, you won’t need to gank anyone.

When it happens, a lot of people will be crying about it … and a lot of others, who look down upon the easy-mode seeking, weak crybabies … well, we’re going to have a blast!

1 Like

This isn’t confirmed as part of the mechanics.

It was proposed and discussed as a possibility during the round table. Nothing more.

We should start a thread, with the sole purpose of demanding it. That’s too much again, right? Should I write “request” ? “Ask nicely” ?

Pretty please?

sigh

The suspect flag is pointless because hi sec loot wont be high enough to need it.

It was only proposed in the context that all tiers of the sites would be able to be run in highsec.

If this is the case, highsec will become the default space to farm them, because it will be so safe to do so.

An alternate was to limit the type of space that the different tiers can be accessed from, which then eliminates the highsec suspect suggestion.

We’ll have to wait until the final details are decided and published.

If high-sec can run all instances of the Abyssal pockets then I’m fine with the suspect flag. Otherwise it’s overkill.

2 Likes

seems that i havn’t communicated this well enough

PVP in eve is ridiciously hard solo.
even in small group you need to have people backing you that know what they’re doing.
if you want to see what i am talking about join the chat channel ’ CCDM Chan ’ and ask us for some battle reports.

they don’t want fleets of people farming these sites. this currently happens in the drifter wh’s.
don’t get me wrong, i would like them to allow more than one person and find a way to stop people from being able to collectively complete the sites, so pvp’ers can encounter a new challenge too - fighting in this space.

so wrong. for the bonuses or even the chance of those bonuses? this feature is going to be a raging sucess. you might not be willing to risk being podded but you are certianly in the minority. highsec only ‘safety bubble’ represents a bare minority of the players in this game as evidenced by the sheer numbers of people in null alliances. Fear Of Missing Out.
highseccers also have more time to post on forums because they are generally less involved with the game :slight_smile: i only checked forums cause auth server is down lmao seems its back up again tho.

nice, pipe bombing?