The consequences of 'Trig space'?

i reckon they’ll do either or. suspect or weak rewards in high. hopefully they do criminal timer for a reduced period of time and let high run all sites. way better. like 2-5 min crim timer.

Warframe manages it.

Every game in existence that has pvp is pre-determined then.

Little late to this party but still. Free? i dont know if spending hours of your life practicing and scrimming to get ready for the Alliance tournament counts as free but ok.

Minerals reprocessed from the ore you mine from roids yourself are also free. :wink:

But ship kills are not pointless. I have a Protues that needs more that wants to expand on it amount of killmarks.

Considering the fact that Abysmal Filaments can be used anywhere and the Abyss pocket only last for 15 minutes, I highly doubt it’s going to be a gank fest. There’s a lot of empty systems in Eve.

Now if it’s activated in busy populated systems then yeah, more than likely there will be hoards of vultures circling the Abysmal beacon.

3 Likes

Let’s be serious, suicide ganking those site runners will be a non-issue. There are too many better and easier targets. So a suspect flag could be an option to interrupt highsec farming. But it all depends on the details.

For example if you only get suspect for high tier pockets, and the ganker does not know by scanning down the beacon, I doubt hunters will be passionate enough to search for site runners.

Also if you know you go suspect, what ship do you run the sites with? A Stratios. Exit the site and warp off cloaked, unless you always land in no-cloaking range of something. Not considering the vast empty space out there, which makes the flag risk-less for experienced players.

This is very hard to balance right.

I think it’s better to go with the proven approach, keep trash tier in highsec, and valuable stuff to lower sec space (with lowsec getting the highest tier exclusively). The risk pattern is still much better than any exploration site.

6 Likes

Worth noting regarding cloaking + MWD trick that depending on where you spawn it can be countered.

So if you spawn in like 2.5 km range of the exit beacon then it is a worthwhile counter the jettison a few dozen corpses around at varying but short distances to prevent cloaking up and most cases make it impossible for the cloaker to recognize the countermeasure considering most people don’t have biomass added to their overview, though even if they have it won’t change the fact they can’t cloak up.

While if you can spawn at greater distances this countermeasure may be more tricky to make work, though even then, assuming the person has access to enough corpses, it should be doable still with though lower efficiency but still granting a chance to prevent cloaking.

Though if the sphere of possible spawn location is large enough this may be impractical or even outright impossible, still could try and be a form of gambling, taking chances but most likely won’t work most cases, still a chance nevertheless.

But anyway I agree that either have high tier instances accessible in hi-sec in which case the suspect flag seems fair and balanced and in case of low tier no suspect flag or simply keep hi-sec low tiers only.

Obviously one way or another there needs to be a proper amount of risk involved which is in balance with the reward so if high reward is available there needs to be high risk too.

The risk comes from the site, not the space you enter from. A level 5 TC site will be just as lethal if entered fro HS or Null. If anything WH players will have it safest. Most already have a time when many people are on for defence times, mining moons etc. This will be the perfect time for explorers/PvP players to run these sites.

1 Like

Agreed but how I meant is all activities in EVE have a chance for PvP interference, even market trade and industry.

Obviously lower level PvE missions have a lower chance or being able to be interfered with and mostly just loot can be stolen but not mission items but still there is always a chance someone scans down your mission pocket and enters it, with a few exceptions as I recall.

So beyond the “mission” difficulty there also needs to be a comparable PvP chance that also scales its difficulty as well, so a higher reward instance should have a higher risk PvP environment than a low tier one.

I’ve mentioned this earlier in this or another thread about this subject, if you want I can dig up my related post though am too lazy to do it without being asked to. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think we agree on most things here, but in my view the perceived safety of space is arse about face. WH space will be safest, then null in one of the larger entity sovs, then probably hisec with it’s gank risk, with ls being most dangerous. Anyone entering from hisec should simply be at risk of gank (no suspect timer). But that’s just my view, this should be accessible to all, without singling any area out as ‘but you get shafted because reasons’.

2 Likes

But that is the very reason for the suspect timer because without it CONCORD would kill anyone who attacks an Abyssal instance runner so only suicide ganking would be possible while the intention is, I assume we agree, is that anyone should be able to gank the instance runner not just suicide gankers. In every other space there is no need for suspect flag because there is no CONCORD involved, but in hi-sec there is thus it must be made legal to attack the instance runner and I assume the simplest and already existing solution is the suspect flag (at least initially).

1 Like

But in hs you have absolutely no way to control the space, you cannot seal the system by rolling holes or camping gates, you cannot stop a dedicated gank without high resources.

Giving suspect flag will simply make you an easy kill. If the risk is supposed to be in the site itself, then adding to that risk with a suspect flag will simply put those who live in hisec off even bothering.

Note: I’ll be running these in a sealed WH so have no ulterior motive arguing this for hisec.

3 Likes

Oh I see what you mean. Yes, this is why I wrote it should be balanced, if the reward is high I still see no issue, though you are right it has to be balanced compared to other sec spaces as well. I see your point and yes thought must be put into it. Right now not sure if I see it as an issue still or not but your concern is legit based on the comparison to other sec spaces.

I think it is just my thief alt that speaks from me as at event sites the suspect flag is a great source of fun, may I just steal stuff and take the risk doing so or try to tackle and kill other thieves or even try baiting people to become suspects and get them killed, all which are fun aspects of PvE/P, so I prefer to have more such opportunities even outside of events if possible and this seems to be a good opportunity to extend that gameplay.

Though I agree it has to be balanced in all regards to keep it viable and not discouraging nor discriminate based on sec level.

1 Like

My assumption is that thievery would still be possible, just using usual gank tactics. I could even see people using these in hs space to lure gankers in like some spaceborn funnel spider.

that’s designed for solo clearing currently. It can be changed. It could be easy to procedurally change the space difficulty for 3-5 man friends fleet. This could be a good game design.

Portal to the Abys will be created from known space as a simple warp in beacon or a ‘scannable’ beacon. The Abys time life is known. For gankers it will be easy to set the time and spot for a perfect gank, which will be hard to escape with a Cruiser. Exiting from the Abys will be more dangerous than passing a Gate, in case the loot will be very tasty. In Hi-Sec there’ll be suicide gankers and in Low-Sec - everything. Maybe in friendly Null-Sec it will be more secure, but not always. I think the stealth Bomber’s power will rise once again.

It’s important to notice that Abys rats (Triglavians, Sleepers, Drifters and Drones) will not only destroy your vessel but will pod your capsule also, like Forward Outpost rats. Into that space refitting, cloaking, Mobile Depots, Warping Spots and other WH tricks will not work. So, in the end we’ll have a double chance to be podded.

You say that like its a bad thing.

What about good players using it to gank the ganker?

I for one will be happy to be suspect around these sites.

2 Likes

I said that like it’s an option. A more appealing option each time I think of it :smiley:

1 Like

Show us on the doll where the nasty man with alts touched you :stuck_out_tongue:
We both know this is never going away so get used to it :stuck_out_tongue: