The consequences of 'Trig space'?

I think the best thing they can do is make HS only available to the lowest levels of Trig-space. This would ensure the low levels materials around the Triglavian ships, ammos, weapons etc are actually available to a decent level, and if you are dedicated you can still manage to gank someone running one.

In order to use the higher levels you would have to go outside High-sec.

I think this is overall better than linking those things to a suspect tag.

Although they did say they would have some sort of timer in the pocket that would prevent you from refitting… Can’t remember if it was a pvp timer he was talking about?

2 Likes

I don’t remember that being said, course I might have missed it. I do remember them saying there will be safe areas in the pockets, probably made for defensive regeneration

The “safe” areas mentioned are the actual playing field where you don’t take AoE damage from the Abyss. Bubbles with 150km diameter. Leave them, and you die.

1 Like

This was mentioned by CCP Burger between 12:40 - 20:00 (at 15:00) in the presentation video below

Safe spots can be before portal to the next pocket, if I’m not wrong.

[updated] And BTW, I already heard today about different strategic plans to gank ‘Trigexplorers’ with insta-lock Alpha clone Destroyers in close range and with Tornado gank in large range. Stealth bombers will be widely used in SoV and J-space in my opinion.

1 Like

:thinking:

Seems everybody is too busy speculating on the Abysmal Pockets and possible gank action upon exiting them instead of contemplating which Cruiser would have the best chance of surviving the pockets and how it should be fit.

the fact that CCP decided isolated instances were in any way a good idea is the final bit of proof i needed that there is no one left there that cares about what made eve eve

3 Likes

Its just a standard combat timer as this disables the use of things like depots so it will just flag you as constantly in combat so you can still repair and do other stuff but you can’t refit

I, for one, welcome our PvE overlords!

Why?

Some days I just wanna fly. I don’t want to work for The Man.

Triglavian Space gives me that option. Hopefully they’ll learn from wormholes, and simply keep the players out of inhabiting them; but I suspect it’ll be more “sweet jesus it is hard work keeping this citadel safe” kinda stuff.

Wormholes were fun for a while; but then they filled up too much. It became a guarantee you’d find a top-end cloaky or 3 down there, which just killed it for some of us. Triglavian Space re-opens that up, without breaking the Wormholes others have grown to love.

EVE is a vast roleplaying universe too. If all you see is PvP then you’ve missed a memo. PvE is sexxah as well :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Agreed.

If the pockets pay out masses of ISK bounties/minerals, it will be an economic disaster.

If they pay out only/mostly BPs, plasmutids, and/or LP that can work.

I’m concerned about the rumors of Drifters, as that would further wreck WH economy, as loot/salvage off Drifters from Trig space as well as J-space.

1 Like

aren’t drifters mainly K-space?

Apparently they may be in trig space, I can only assume their mini-DD weapons will be disabled by the time/space flux capacitance or something otherwise they’d be impossible in a cruiser.

1 Like

was more directing it in reference to it affecting wh econ

1 Like

Ah, I see what you mean. I doubt the numbers in trig sites would affect that too much.

1 Like

Yeah, as Lugh said above.

Hopefully they dont pay out otherwise j-space exclusive loot, or it will harm j-space economy,

That’s definitely something I don’t want :smiley:

1 Like

Exactly.
J-Space already took an economic hit when T3Cs were nerfed, and the components where segregated for each.

Its crucial that Trig pockets dont pay out in j-space exclusive materials, as that would wreck j-space economy, nor in raw isk, as that wrecks other isk generation options. Nor should they be a pocket mining space once cleared.

That leaves Trig BPs and plasmutids.
Player NS will dominate that market though.
Hopefully the mechanics of both Trig ships and plasmutids are nowhere near OP, or Player NS will again corner the market.

Unfortunately I expect plasmutids will be OP, and Player NS will get extremely rich off them.

It’s a valid point. I think HACs will probably have the best survivability, but it remains to be seen how much the anti-drone/missile structures have an impact on gameplay (Ishtar, Cerberus). The Gila and Stratios could also be similarly affected. What were some of your thoughts?

1 Like

Well as it stands living in trig space is literally impossible as the pockets expire :stuck_out_tongue:

No one should still be making “purity of eve” arguments at this stage. That horse has already bolted years ago, away into the distance, and over the horizon.