The cost of suicide ganking is too low

In belts that is true, since Mining Barges have a very high Scan Resolution (sorry I wrote Sig Res before - was late). T1 haulers only have a tiny bit more than Carriers, so it takes ages to lock anything smaller than a BS, unless the opponent keeps their MWD running, in which case it still takes considerably longer to lock them, than for them to lock the hauler.

Without getting a lock within a reasonable timeframe, all offensive fitting options are meaningless. For instance T1 haulers could fit defensive scram and web, which would provide for a reasonable gtfo option, if they learn to use it and it still wouldn’t make it safe for them should they find a well prepared ganker.

Yeah, I’ve done it before. It really only works with a Nereus though. Try getting any DPS out of a Mammoth or the likes. It’s not sufficient to fight back in any way. That being said I think the low Scan Res is surely the larger issue.

They are. It doesn’t provide any reason for them being absolutetly incapable of any offensive action whatsoever. Unless you’d want PVP capable ships to not be able to put anything in cargo apart from ammo.

1 Like

Initially I choked on my coffee, as I thought @Dinsdale_Pirannha had finally changed his narrative,
No longer was the problem the collusion of the ‘null sec cartels’ with an incompetent and biased Dev team,
But rather NOW, we are gratefully informed, that the incompetent Dev team, who believe that

will be responsible for the games imminent demise.

Then I finished my coffee, and realised that nothing new had emerged, as the high sec griefers are all alts of null sec players in any case.

So there was no need to be shocked by new content emerging from the gameplay of @Dinsdale_Pirannha,
who said in 2012:

“I realize that I am the great truth of the game, and someday there will be monuments of me in every system in Eve”
-Posted by Dinsdale Pirannha - 2012.12.24 15:08:00 http://eve-search.com/thread/186260-1/page/1#20

I was also amused to find him reply in 2014

You want to punish people for not keeping up with the cesspool of forums or the dev’s intent on turning this game completely into some Ayn Rand dystopia. By all means. I can’t stop you. You are pl, which thrives on hurting others, so no surprise there.
Posted by Dinsdale Pirannha - 2014.04.16 17:09:00 http://eve-search.com/thread/337246-1/page/34#1001

to a player who objected to the following post, made as usual with wit and objectivity by @Dinsdale_Pirannha, in a Dev thread about industry changes ‘building better worlds’

You might be surprised how many quit once the full impact hits.
But it will be impossible to tell.
Posted - 2014.04.16 16:59:00 http://eve-search.com/thread/337246-1/page/34#1001

While the emergence of something new from @Dinsdale_Pirannha would be a truly unique consequence of the sandbox, almost as emergent a spectacle as the singularity itself as we all become one with our machines,

I cannot peruse this LONG HISTORY of false prophecy and failed proclamations, and frankly tearful vitriol:

http://eve-search.com/search/author/Dinsdale%20Pirannha

Without coming to the conclusion that the character HIMSELF @Dinsdale_Pirannha is HIMSELF the emergence of a new FORM of life- the emergence of genuine ignorance, as opposed to artificial intelligence.

I am heartened by my firm belief that there is only one @Dinsdale_Pirannha , and that the weight of this ignorance will not push us towards the anti-singularity that would be constant paranoia and jealousy used as an excuse for avoiding reasonable thought.

Dearest @Dinsdale_Pirannha, may I ask

When will the monument be built?
When will your narrative have substance?
You have been saying this for at least five years, I am sure even you can see that if your narrative had weight some of your proclamations would have come true by now.
5 years is a long time.

You strike me as one of those figures, often bearded and unkempt, who hang around city centres with a sign ‘the world ends tomorrow repent’, and YET you see them there every day, not appreciating the irony-

be careful- often when false prophets claim judgement day is coming soon, and it never does, and they base their personality on this great revelation, its eventual disproval can be so disappointing they end their lives, and often the lives of their followers-

as @Dinsdale_Pirannha is a character in a game, this would mean the loss of a sub (which would be bad) and the biomass of a character which could be sad, if the player behind it actually enjoyed the game, but in this case may just be
A relief for all?

I am not concerned that you might take anyone with you on the way out- as you do not strike me as the kind of false prophet who is charismatic enough to have followers, but rather an irritation, as an insect or perhaps a small speck of dust on the collar of a friend, you REALLY want to flick it off, but manners prevent.

So, @Dinsdale_Pirannha, Character in the GAME eve online, I salute your monument “as the great truth of the game”

The monument that is your posting history from eve search, not including the new forums of course, which we see an example of in this very thread.

For your celebration and adoration I once again present this monument to your truth:

http://eve-search.com/search/author/Dinsdale%20Pirannha/page/1

So from this monument, this magnificent statue erected in your name by myself, lowly high sec scrub Patti ‘Potato’ Patrouette, from this huge erection built from strong words said with suspect intent, a suspicious erection if you will, from this beautiful honour what can we tell is the great truth in eve online?

That some people are quite annoying and bring very little positive contribution to the game, while pointing the finger of blame at all, but because this is a sandbox even they may play as they chose?

That even YOUR gameplay is supported and made possible by the game you seem to hate, though hate only slightly less than its creators and the ‘Null Sec’ players you believe hold them to ransom.

Even if a player’s preferred style gameplay is to cover the walls, the floor, the ceiling, all surfaces indeed, with tinfoil and to roll around in their own paranoia like a pig wallowing in his own filth, it is possible in this sandbox.
If you do not like the content
Make some you do like
Its no one else job.

TLDR: @Dinsdale_Pirannha’s content has little value, but AS content he is funny AF.

Also, I know pig’s are clean animals THAT bit was rhetoric.

Patti xxxx
*swoons in awe

7 Likes

Errr…ummm…I am “flattered” by your devotion to me demonstrated by you searching through at least 5 years of posts of mine. Some would consider it creepy and borderline psychotic behaviour, but that defines many of the player base.

BTW, are you an alt of a dev, or a member of one of the cartels, or both?

2 Likes

well @TrumpLovesApartiedisrael_ZionistScum, it is like this

I hope to accomplish little, but a little more than the OP,
and if I only attracted your attention, and I am but an attention seeker
ergo I have accomplished more than the OP?

I will admit that on that occasion I wrote mostly for my own amusement, as I said a ‘suspicious erection’
If others are amused, good
If not, good, but it was on topic if @Dinsdale_Pirannha’s post was on topic.

My reply was also directly related to the comments of @Dinsdale_Pirannha who’s monument now attests to his ability to derail all threads with tinfoil and paranoia,

if you don’t like my response

why would that concern me? If I only want attention then as you attest I have your attention, then what part would your enjoyment play in that equation?

OR

If I sought to reply to @Dinsdale_Pirannha’s comments in the way I did, for my own reasons and not purely for attention, and because it took 15 minutes of google-fu because everything we say on internets is forever- then why would
Your opinion concern me? As I can assure you, you were not the post’s intended audience.

(I will not derail this thread further by asking you who is really seeking attention here, poster A who addresses the topic, hover obliquely, or poster B who only addresses poster A to tell them they are attention seeking, which is entirely off topic.)

As a sidenote-
What does the conscious choice of the name @TrumpLovesApartiedisrael_ZionistScum say about a person’s attitude to attention seeking behaviour?
I make no moral judgement as I will admit that on occasion I do enjoy a little attention- who doesn’t?
but it was a thought I had one time.

Be flattered, my efforts were spawned when I read your post, as I have read many others over the years, and realised that however much I may find myself disagreeing with your narrative, and chuckling

You are good content.

Then I did an eve search for posts by your character to confirm my working hypothesis, and finding it confirmed, I posted.

Now that Dinsdale Pirannha has accused me of being an alt of a dev, or a member of the cartels, or both, I feel I have all the attention I will ever need!

3 Likes

I don’t see why. Even if there is a fleet of 200 Alphas out there ganking…who cares? That too could be emergent behavior and what the game is all about. Now if people are breaking the EULA/ToS and/or other rules CCP has put out there, then that should be handled via already existing mechanism. But if a bunch of Alpha’s get together and want to gank stuff in HS…why should anyone care?

3 Likes

Man…don’t get me started on opportunity cost again…just don’t. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

That coming from a group hiding in NPC stations 90% of their play time and hiding their bumpers in NPC corps is rich. And the same people argue against my suggestion to kick them out from under the NPC apron is even richer. :innocent:

2 Likes

Translation: But Mooooommmm they do it too! :stuck_out_tongue:

You are of course, correct. People will hide behind the skirts of NPCs whenever they can and always want the “other guys” to be forced out.

See, here is a brilliant example:

Whooops. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s just an example to make the poor gankers the true heroes they actually want to be but cannot because the temptation of NPC corps is too strong for their weak will. So, while their flesh is willing (the constant insisting on player interaction coming from ganker mouths), their spirit is weak (staying under the yoke of NPC security). I only want to help! :open_mouth:

1 Like

yes, ok I wont get you started on opportunity cost, you will be right in the end on this one, if I try to argue its not a factor

because you would be correct and so eve is not freetoplay in the strictest sense
but if one can plex doing an enjoyable activity while simultaneously doing another enjoyable activity, sipping scotch and smoking a pipe, all the while managing a less enjoyable activity that has to be done anyway, for a very small amount of time such that the time spent plexing is more efficient than working in rl for plex

Then you might agree the opportunity cost is very low?

And might be comparable for playing a completey free to play game with no plex just log in and play, but which took more attention, was less pleasurable, and in which as a none-paying customer I was actualy the product either by being subjected to marketing, having data/details used for other purposes.

When we factor in opportunity cost, don’t we have to consider
what else could I earn with that time spent?
Is enjoyment a commodity.
Obviously this is niche situation when someone can plex without grinding.

TLDR: I was just going to agree you were right about opportunity cost because you are, but then I got over specific, so stop after first couple of sentences if you wish.

You are truly benevolent and self-less. :rofl:

Alphas dont pay sub, or havent bought/expended PLEX ingame to sub.

There is a huge difference if its 200 Alphas, or 200 Omegas.

So what? That is CCP’s decision. And what does it matter if they are ganking vs. running missions, mining, or doing some other activity in the game? I can’t see even the slightest bit of difference in that the above issue “not paying a sub/buying PLEX” still applies. What this boils down to is opposition to changing the Alpha clone state to include more SP while earned after paying for a sub or PLEX.

1 Like

Read above.

Alphas earn CCP nothing.

200 Omegas earn CCP 200 subs, or 100,000 PLEX sunk, or a mix.
200 Alphas earn CCP exactly zero, minus costs of service.

Wtf are you even on about.

So you object to Alphas in general. Okay, noted. Not my problem. Not your problem. CCPs problem and this is the wrong thread.

1 Like

No.

Just stating the fact.

And in case you forgot, my original point was that post-change, there may be need to review the gank situation, since Alphas will be changed significantly.

Im getting very tired of your increasingly repetitive and obvious intellectual dishonesty.
I know you are smarter than the rebuttals you are making, and hence I can deduce you are doing this deliberately for some ulterior motive.

1 Like

This thread is a blatant example of why there should be a limit on how many posts one person can do in a thread per day.

To remind you, OPs thread was about him stating that “the cost of suicide ganking is too low”, demanding/proposing a change to current game mechanics so that only “more expensive ships” can be used to gank a target. He made his point, without going into details about the proposal, other people made their point in how they think that would be good or not. No solution has been found. Since at least 100 posts now this thread developed into a general anti-ganking/pro-ganking direction with a small number of people playing off topic ping pong.

In a way it is fun to read some of it, but then again it makes the entire thread unreadable and by sheer mass of text makes it hard to find the on topic arguments that have been brought.

1 Like

Whatever, you have not made even the slightest case for any review. Your entire objection is that Alpha’s do not pay for access…thank has nothing to do with ganking at all.

1 Like

The last word of a loser,

I’m seriously disappointed in you Teckos.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you tried to remain objective, with all your emergent systems and so called market analysis, but now, its pretty clear that you are just a shill.

You have deliberately ignored how I pointed out that the difference between 200 Omegas and 200 Alphas is outright, objectively, a vast difference.

Its patently ridiculous to claim they arent different. They categorically are, in every sense.

Bye, Teckos. I called your bluff, and you folded.
Better luck next time.

It is irrelevant to the discussion. Whether they are 200 alphas that are mining, running missions, or ganking they are not paying. That they are ganking is neither here nor there when it comes to your objection.

I never said they were not different at all, but that whether it is Alphas or Omegas ganking it makes not difference in terms of ganking

:roll_eyes: If this makes you feel better okay.