The cost of suicide ganking is too low

People who think Kusion risks nothing when he goes after a target must just have broken brains.

Anyway, the OP was once margin scammed and also had his L4 mission invaded years ago.

He never got over it.

4 Likes

You’re right. Re-reading the OP did allow me to more deeply appreciate the layers of folly and duplicity incorporated within.

1 Like

Exactly what I was talking about when I said:

I find the above really quite sad. I’m all for people forming fleets to gank and I’ll happily accept that they assembled the numbers required and won the Concord / DPS / EHP race … but one guy sitting there with 11 accounts logged in just makes a mockery of the whole thing.

Exactly. I don’t know how anyone can claim gankers face high expenses with a straight face.

The same kind of high expense a £100 fine represents to someone like Richard Branson … :rofl:

Insert fabricated concept:

Now put a whole wall of text describing why OP is wrong about that

= Profit :muscle::no_mouth:

3 Likes

It would be more expensive if instead of fitting cargo expanders like a idiot you fit this module called a BULKHEAD. thx

5 Likes

It’s pretty hard to inflict meaningful losses against players taking planned and calculated risks. How expensive of a ship do you think gankers need to fly to gank in Highsec?

Yeah its getting them back thats hard. They are often in alts who only gank in cheap ships, they are already constantly running from faction police so are hard to catch, and they rightly wont accept a fleet fight.

They’re just there to gank. Maybe if there was a locator agent to find their mains or something. Then you might be able to do something meaningful.

1 Like

Planned and calculated? i doubt that. Gankers are known to gank empty freighters just for the lols and padding kill boards.

1 Like

Just makes it an easy calculation. They know what theyre doing.

Gosh! Look! Another thread about Highsec ganking!

It’s all about the numbers, see? Whatever you’re flying, if we want to gank it, we can just bring enough ships/DPS to do the job, because we rely on our social connections to form a fleet. If we haven’t enough DPS, we leave it.

The posters above making reference to the astoundingly successful Kusion family, have no knowledge of his personal circumstances, so are not reliably able to make comments about his supposed RL wealth. He may be going without chocolate bars (a scary sacrifice) for all they know. Somebody with that many accounts is certainly good for CCP’s bottom line. Suck it up, as I believe you Americans sometimes put it.

If you, in your dearly-treasured pixel-proud Retty or Providence, haven’t the commitment to the game to educate yourself or gather a few chums around you for assistance, then just do the other thing?..

10 Likes

When I lived in High sec and mined, I used a ship which would cost less to replace than it would to gank. I used similar tactics when hauling or mission running. The only loss to a player in high sec was due to them activating a killright.

3 Likes

You also rely on cheap, disposable ships and therefore take no real risks for the potential for tremendous rewards while ■■■■■■■ with people.

How about suicide gankers suck it up like the rest of us, and become willing to accept some actual risks for their aggressive practices instead of expecting risk/reward to not apply to them, hmmm?

Is risk/reward applying to everyone really too much to ask for these high sec gankers?

2 Likes

Is someone forcing you to fly a blingy untanked hulk? Is there some law I’m unaware of that compels you to fit cargo expanders on a JF?

You have as much freedom to choose as the Gankers do. The gankers could choose to fly heavy assault cruisers, but they don’t. They make the prudent decision to fly inexpensive ships. You face a similar choice. You can fly a cheap, reasonably tanked mining/hauling ship if you choose. Apparently, you choose to fly expensive ships instead. It is disingenuous to imply that someone else is responsible for your unwise decisions.

2 Likes

if ganking was SO easy, more people would do it. That’s how Eve works : an activity becomes more interesting, more people do it, the market reacts, in the end the activity becomes as interesting as the others.

Don’t forget that ganking requires several hours of waiting, several accounts, and some ganks are failed !

1 Like

Perhaps if more freighter pilots followed this advice there would be less gankers.

2 Likes

There are certainly a lot of people doing it, typically more than I’ve seen doing any other activity in high sec. This is likely due to how easy it is to do within the protection of high sec, and the fact its practically a risk free and inexpensive activity. Fortunately, not everyone enjoys beating up on noobish players who won’t shoot back, though many obviously do.

No, that is too hard. I mean there are six barges and only two of them have a built in tank which even without fitting completely solves the problem op has.

I don’t think you can expect from a gamer to actually play the game and look at his options before he starts to AFK mine in a openworld PvP sandbox game.

I think removing the Hulk, Covertor, Retriever and Mackinaw would solve the problem. Also remove the ore bay on the Proc and Skiff so AFK mining is impossible for extra safety.

What do you think about my solution op?

2 Likes

It’s not even about monetary gain. Look at CODE for example. They gank so they can just make you lose your assets, to hinder you from getting your own progress; basically they suicide gank for the sake of it. They loose nothing and their victims lose probably everything.

How do ya figure that?

1 Like

I would take a guess that some of the people that donate to CODE. are in the shipbuilding business, and I know of at least one CODE. member that makes and sells the stuff that they target.

Monetary gain may not be direct, but it’s certainly there in the form of market demand for replacement ships and modules.