The crazed drone scientist

Lazron Kamon is a science that you need to retrieve for this mission. From what I’ve found, from a post on another forum from 2007, I need to get a mission from a Concord agent in mandoo that he supports in. I need a Concord standing of at least 3 which I don’t have. Is there a way to get him through contracts? Any suggestions?

1 Like

As for Concord Agents, there were only two of them available long ago, both of them offered a mission for Security Status increase… I completed them in 2010…

(1) Christer Fuglesang - Concord Agent = Level 2 Quality 0
Location = Autaris 8 Moon 5 in Station (Caldari space)
Mission = Song Of Birds
Security Status increase = 6.756 % on 8-25-2010 @ 07:35

(2) Jeremy Tacs - Concord Agent = Level 2 Quality 20
Location = Mandoo System at Celestial Agent Beacon (Amarr space)
Mission = A Worthy Task
Security Status increase = 10.9375 % on 8-26-2010 @ 08:13

Unfortunately…

The CONCORD missions that allowed players to boost their security status above the +5.00 cap were phased out by CCP in two primary stages between 2008 and 2012.

  • September 2008 (The Removal of “A Worthy Task”): The individual mission overview beacon for Jeremy Tacs’ “A Worthy Task” in Mandoo was explicitly removed in the Patch Notes for Empyrean Age 1.1 due to heavy beacon camping, griefing, and players exploiting the encounter mechanics.

  • Mid-2012 (The Full Mechanical Removal): While some residual CONCORD COSMOS agents (like Christer Fuglesang) temporarily remained with modified roles, CCP completely removed the ability to use these agents for security status increase around mid-2012. Shortly after, CCP entirely decoupled CONCORD Assembly Corporate standing from player personal Security Status, permanently capping Security Status at +5.00 standing.

The last mission of Jeremy Tacs multipart mission series ‘A Worthy Task’ requested players to return the NPC Lazron Kamon to him for mission completion…

In 2018 somebody asked about the Concord Agents and this was my reply:

Anyway, the NPC Lazron Kamon might still be available in Public Contracts…

However, since the mission that contained NPC Lazron Kamon was removed, I’m now wondering what’s the name of the agent who gave you the mission to retrieve him and is the mission actually called ‘The Crazed Drone Scientist’?

DMC
o7

Thanks for the solid reply!

Porak Manotan (Event Agent) in Utopia VI - Moon 22 - Dominations Assembly Plant is requesting the delivery of Lazron Kamon.

Mission Briefing: If you have managed to find Lazron Kamon, then return him to Porak Manotan. Do not bother looking unless you have some idea of his whereabouts, he could be anywhere.

It also says it has a significant affect in your faction standing. I’m trying to get Angel up so I can join fw. If I don’t complete it it’s it a significant negative?

Do you have a screenshot of the Agent Mission Offer and is it still offered or have you already accepted it?

I checked Angel Cosmos Agents and couldn’t find one named Porak Manotan…

Anyway, supposedly the NPC Lazron Kamon was removed from the game with the Jeremy Tacs mission ‘A Worthy Cause’..

There shouldn’t be any other agents asking for the NPC Lazron Kamon… I’m thinking this might be something the Dev’s might have overlooked or maybe it’s a bug…

The best thing to do is submit a Support Ticket about it, possibly as character stuck / mission in progress…

Now, about quickly gaining Angel Faction Standing, last year I posted this info in another thread:

The only other thing I can add is hopefully while running those agents, you have a few Glamourex Boosters available to use which will increase the amount of standing gain…

DMC
o7

1 Like

I submitted a ticket and got a response. It seems like they could remove the mission since it is a dead end.

Thank you for contacting the EVE Online Player Experience Team.

Unfortunately we’re unable to offer any assistance with regards to COSMOS missions. This is because the COSMOS missions are fairly old and largely deprecated. We simply lack the information to support them. I appreciate this is not ideal but there is genuinely very little that support can offer with regards to these mission chains.

You may wish to review third party information about COSMOS, such as the EVE Uni wikipedia, as it may offer some insights into the COSMOS missions and how they can be performed.

I’m sorry that we could not offer any assistance in this matter. If there is anything else we can help with then please let us know.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s basically a generic statement they use when there’s a ticket about Cosmos… Did you check Public Contracts to see if the NPC Lazron Kamon was available?

Anyway, I’d probably suggest that they change or remove Agent Porak Manotan’s mission offer so other players don’t encounter the same issue… Good news is you can have them remove that mission offer so you don’t incur any negative standing hits..

As for gaining Angel Faction standing, check out the forum link that I posted earlier…

May you have good luck and much success…

DMC
o7

thankfully getting to 3.00 modified with either amarr or minmatar corporations to complete the angel arc is easy, plus the arc itself will give a nice chunk of standings..
With Social at V, as long as you are -5.99 or higher, one Angel Arc will net you over 0.00 standings. below -5.99 will take more than 2 arcs.

I asked if they could remove the mission from my queue and they did. Overall very fast response and resolution. I’m be reporting it as a big the next curve I have.

From the gm

I’ve made some adjustments on my end and the mission should be cleared from your journal now. You will not suffer any standing losses and can speak with your agent again to receive a new mission.

1 Like

Not supposed to share responses by the gms

Gratz on getting that mission removed…

I guess you could ask that agent for another mission, just don’t be in a hurry to accept it… Read the mission details very carefully and even do some research first to see if it’s been documented before accepting… If everything looks good and the mission can be completed, then accept it and get that Faction Standing increase…

Now if the mission doesn’t look good or can’t be completed within the time limit, then definitely decline it… You can decline a mission every 4 hours without incurring any penalty… However since it is an Event Agent, it’s highly doubtful that agent will have various missions available to offer… But hey, you can still ask and if it doesn’t work out, just decline and move on..

Lastly, definitely check out the Angel Agents in the forum link that I posted earlier…

DMC
o7

Well, I don’t see any GM name or timestamp listed…

Now if you’re gonna make a big deal out of it, @Dallela_Valone can easily keep the context of the message intact just by changing and or omitting a few words…

Seriously,

DMC