The CSM 13 Winter Summit Minutes are out

My dear girl, you always plug your resist hole.

Yes, I read your evasive nonsense the first time, too. Look, one of us is backing up our statement with evidence. The other one is you.

Get a clue. It’ll be your first. I promise, though, when you finally decide again to suddenly reverse your position with another impressively toddler-esque tantrum, no-one will hold it against you. We really don’t have room to hold any more against you, after all.

2 Likes

Show me how you fit a caracal

Or better, how do you fit your garmurs?

You are the one trying to argue for 4 turrets on T1 Haulers, to no rational end.

Those unbonused turrets wont save you in any practical situation.

The whole notion is ludicrous. You wont outlive a suicide gank by shooting back with 4 unbonused small laers, and you wont be legally aggressed if you haul under NPC or upcoming Corp changes.

@Proteus_Onzo I’m waiting for an answer Salvos

Well, first, you don’t outlive a properly-done suicide gank in the first place, because they only need to shoot a few times. CONCORD’s gonna kill them anyway. So it’s really not about that, is it?

You really only see people as being a bunch of binary conditions, don’t you? Like, if they’re flying T1 haulers, you think they can’t ever possibly be in a corp with structures (one that might get wardec’d).

1 Like

Tell you what.

How about you name your Goon CSM buddies to come here and answer what they think of your proposal to put 4 turret slots with sufficient PG for long range weapons on T1 haulers.

Lets see what they think.

Well, I can tell you what at least one of them would say. Aryth’s response would be “Go f*** yourself.” Mostly because that’s Aryth’s response to pretty much anything he doesn’t give a damn about. And he wouldn’t give a damn about this. I doubt Innominate or the Judge would, either. @Brisc_Rubal might. @Jin_taan might. But I kinda doubt it. Frankly, I don’t even really give a damn about it, it’s just kinda a nice little idea to give people options.

You on the other hand, seem to really get worked up over this, and if they got a whiff of that blood in the water, they might troll you for a few… years.

And I don’t like sharing my toys.

1 Like

This is the greatest idea ever and should be the #1 priority of CCP until it’s completed.

2 Likes

Well, now that ECM is nerfed…

Lets scroll back up the past 2000 comments where you wanted more structure spam in HS blissfully unaware of what a system index was…

Everything gets scanned now, there are so many neutral heron alts sitting on trade hub routes.

Should always assume your ship will be scanned leaving a gate (maybe not if it’s under 2 sec align though).
Fortunately ship scanners don’t always get the full fit… which saved my alt in a Badger from losing it. Now if that badger had had real weapons there could have been an interesting killmail.

Got to stop it from kiting you first though. Some ships move way too fast to be engaged unless you have a hard counter.

Basic Eve? You do realize that before mining barges/exhumers each race had a mining frigate and cruiser. So to increase Osprey for better mining, through Caldari Cruiser also improved the EWAR of the Blackbird, the damage of the Moa or Caracal. Mining Barges was biggest mistake CCP ever made; more so than Walking in Space. “should fight” - well at least they had to option to could fight back. And these hulls didn’t just mine. Both the Vexor and Arbitrator that were once miners - also can be formidable PvP platforms. Thanks to the ease of killing miners; 5 hulkageddons, 3 ice intradictions and 23/7 CODE - there is now an entrenched entitlement that a sub-set of the game player base exists “to be the content”. The aberration of War Decs by a minority is merely an extension of this entitlement.

Not expecting people to know how to fight is not the same as knowing how to defend or be alert. Spend some polling through kill mails - plenty of them with empty mid-slots. Because the game has not laid the solid foundation of fitting that should have been in the NPE.

Know what I would like; “Procurer the Week”. Just procurers everywhere in high-sec. When gankers pretty much end up logged out for a week. Maybe some do not log back in. It is how the game is played now, so it must ok?!

2 Likes

Sure. And if he’d had a clue, he would’ve known the right way to attack my example:

“Why the hell would a Garmur be in the range of small beams running multifreq? It’s got a 60km range on the missiles, almost 40 on the point, and even its scram outranges those guns with that ammo.”

But then, it was just an example of miners being able to fight back when it’s not expected (and also ‘don’t screw with a group of Skiffs’). We see PVP frigates die pretty commonly to miners—before the supercaps ever land, contrary to what Proteus likes to claim. It’s not about the capital support, it’s about having an industrial ship that isn’t a sitting duck.

Erroch, aka DJ Erroch of EVE Radio, used to do an Industrial Roam every so often, taking barges, haulers, and mining ships of all kinds out looking to kill people in null.

Personally I have to disagree with you on details. I feel that DST aren’t in an ideal place and that 4ish turrets would work well on them. The rest of their fitting is good and its noticable how player views on them changed after their last balance round in a very good way. I’d also myself be liking to see medium weapons not small. I feel it’s more appropriate as it creates room for frigates to get under guns, with counter play of webs which eat into the usual hauler shield tank. Which I think creates a far more interesting fitting meta. (Also want to see some other changes designed to make it more interesting at gank time rather than blink and missed but eh)

But at the end of the day any steps in the direction of industrials (and non skiff miners) being self defending is a good one.
Even if it makes no difference in a particular gank 1 v 5 it will create the feeling it could be a difference. And the feeling of a chance is a big thing.

1 Like

LOL. :slight_smile:

To this day the vexor still has a bonus to mining drones.