The CSM 13 Winter Summit Minutes are out

Lmao

If you like cars, like real nice looking cars most people will take a look inside because they’re curious :joy:

thats why im always looking into wimmins bedrooms from outside, is only natural…

1 Like

In EVE, players can shoot suspects.

Yes, my little moron, in EVE, you can shoot someone with the Suspect flag. This is different from shooting someone you suspect has intentions of committing a crime. Congratulations, you have now been maneuvered into pointing out exactly the thing that is stupid about your proposal.

1 Like

Insult against rules.

Yes.

As I said, scanning a ships fit or cargo, without wardec, would be a suspect flag act.
You have no business peering into another players fit or cargo in HS, without a war.

If you walk down a street looking into car windows, police and citizens will consider you a suspect intent on committing a crime to violence against the car to get at what is in it.

In EVE suspects can be shot.
If you dont want to be shot, dont scan players fit or cargo in HS without a wardec.

You know the fun thing here?
@Proteus_Onzo Salvos can’t prove us wrong :joy:

This is conflating two different uses of ‘suspect’. The first is someone you suspect of intending to commit a crime. The second is someone who is suspected of having committed a crime.

In EVE, you can shoot people who have committed crimes, and so gotten the ‘suspect’ flag. You are advocating making ‘he looked at me funny’ a crime.

1 Like

I’m role playing a customs officer. Leave me and my role playing alone.

2 Likes

Wrong.

Suspect and criminal flags are separate.

I proposed that scanning a ships fit or cargo in HS, without a wardec, would be a SUSPECT flag, not a CRIMINAL flag.

:sigh:

Try to keep up. I know it’s hard, but if the hamsters can do it, I’m almost positive you can, too.

still no reason to take nullification away from interceptors…

As a victim, watching your bubble get flown through without anything you can do about it feels bad…

Could be worse…

Guess you didn’t need that bubble immunity anyway.

For hit and run it comes in handy, but i would venture to say you dont need it gone either.

In EVE, it says this in the timer window:
“Cause- Committed a “suspect”- level offense.”

Scanning ships for fit and cargo if not at war with target can easily be added to that list of suspect level offenses.

Undocking with a cargo of over 100 million could also easily be added to that list of suspect level offences.
That doesn’t make it a good idea just because it could be added.
Scanning a ship can be done for a great many reasons.

Its an intrusive non-consensual inspection of another ships fit and cargo in everycase.

Suspect flag wont prevent you from scanning in HS or LS, nor scanning war targets, which wont incur a suspect flag.

No it isn’t.
There is no intrusion.
You can even do it without yellow boxing them, if they don’t even know it happened then it by definition can’t be intrusive.
Certainly it is non consensual, but so is bumping, so is mining a rock out from under someone, so is shooting the rat before they kill it and taking the loot because the kill is ‘theirs’. All of these things are non consensual yet we don’t make any of these suspect flag offences.

Its none of your business what someone elses fit or cargo is.

There should be a cost for inspecting them. Ie: Suspect flag.

Lets be real, the only people that will affect is suicide gankers cherrypicking targets in HS, and they are a small group.

They can still scan, but will go suspect for doing so.