The CSM 13 Winter Summit Minutes are out

csm

(Proteus Onzo) #3693

Insult against rules.

Yes.

As I said, scanning a ships fit or cargo, without wardec, would be a suspect flag act.
You have no business peering into another players fit or cargo in HS, without a war.

If you walk down a street looking into car windows, police and citizens will consider you a suspect intent on committing a crime to violence against the car to get at what is in it.

In EVE suspects can be shot.
If you dont want to be shot, dont scan players fit or cargo in HS without a wardec.

(Annah Tsero) #3694

You know the fun thing here?
@Proteus_Onzo Salvos can’t prove us wrong :joy:

(Arrendis) #3695

This is conflating two different uses of ‘suspect’. The first is someone you suspect of intending to commit a crime. The second is someone who is suspected of having committed a crime.

In EVE, you can shoot people who have committed crimes, and so gotten the ‘suspect’ flag. You are advocating making ‘he looked at me funny’ a crime.

(Faylee Freir) #3696

I’m role playing a customs officer. Leave me and my role playing alone.

(Proteus Onzo) #3697

Wrong.

Suspect and criminal flags are separate.

I proposed that scanning a ships fit or cargo in HS, without a wardec, would be a SUSPECT flag, not a CRIMINAL flag.

(Arrendis) #3698

:sigh:

Try to keep up. I know it’s hard, but if the hamsters can do it, I’m almost positive you can, too.

(Lugburz) #3699

still no reason to take nullification away from interceptors…

(Iowa Banshee) #3700

As a victim, watching your bubble get flown through without anything you can do about it feels bad…

(Lugburz) #3701

Could be worse…

(Arrendis) #3702

Guess you didn’t need that bubble immunity anyway.

(Lugburz) #3703

For hit and run it comes in handy, but i would venture to say you dont need it gone either.

(Proteus Onzo) #3704

In EVE, it says this in the timer window:
“Cause- Committed a “suspect”- level offense.”

Scanning ships for fit and cargo if not at war with target can easily be added to that list of suspect level offenses.

(Nevyn Auscent) #3705

Undocking with a cargo of over 100 million could also easily be added to that list of suspect level offences.
That doesn’t make it a good idea just because it could be added.
Scanning a ship can be done for a great many reasons.

(Proteus Onzo) #3706

Its an intrusive non-consensual inspection of another ships fit and cargo in everycase.

Suspect flag wont prevent you from scanning in HS or LS, nor scanning war targets, which wont incur a suspect flag.

(Nevyn Auscent) #3707

No it isn’t.
There is no intrusion.
You can even do it without yellow boxing them, if they don’t even know it happened then it by definition can’t be intrusive.
Certainly it is non consensual, but so is bumping, so is mining a rock out from under someone, so is shooting the rat before they kill it and taking the loot because the kill is ‘theirs’. All of these things are non consensual yet we don’t make any of these suspect flag offences.

(Proteus Onzo) #3708

Its none of your business what someone elses fit or cargo is.

There should be a cost for inspecting them. Ie: Suspect flag.

Lets be real, the only people that will affect is suicide gankers cherrypicking targets in HS, and they are a small group.

They can still scan, but will go suspect for doing so.

(Nevyn Auscent) #3709

You know one of the most common places I’ve come across ship scanning. Incursion fleets where you get scanned to verify you are being honest about your fit. Congratulations, you just made it impossible to check someone is telling the truth about a fit even if they agree to be scanned.

(Proteus Onzo) #3710

Use a cheap scanning alt to verify their fit. Doesnt matter if it goes suspect.

(Nevyn Auscent) #3711

Or, instead of editing our idea because you worked out how bad an idea the first one was… you could not make things that can be done without yellow or red boxing someone make you go suspect. Because you are trying to apply a mechanical judgement to something that is not black & white.

(Proteus Onzo) #3712

Its black and white.

If you want to sneak a peak at someones fit or cargo, the price is a suspect flag.