The end is nigh. Gankers a dying breed

Yah, it says a lot about the competence of antigankers, doesn’t it? This month, we set the alltime record for isk destroyed in Uedama, but meanwhile antigankers who never log in sit in the forums celebrating ‘victory’.

:roll_eyes:

I am still waiting for the weekly video footage of saved DSTs, Orcas, Marauders and Freighters. Nobody can tell me that in 2024 no one of those Osprey-Pilots they have present from time to time there can record a video stream. I have once tried it when testing Abyssals and recording a clip - even on mediocre hardware - takes less than 30minutes for configuring the software and basically no prior knowledge.
We can only guess why such saving-footage doesn’t get promoted regualry.

I am sure that Princess understands that it is not a scam and that is the only issue that matters.

1 Like

It’s what Goonswarm pays me for. It’s not my fault his comments crossed my desk!

Goonswarm pays me to hunt down AWOL bees who ran away to Highsec.

Sounds great, I’m going to make a ton of ISK when it goes up. Might even work an extra day this week and buy the 6000 pack to sell.

Oh, you thought you were going to get sympathy about having to spend more time as a slighly more advanced rat for me hunt in order to plex your accounts? :rofl:

More content for me. :laughing:

1 Like

I shot down a Goonswarm ganker who was in Catalyst and on his way out. He wasn’t flashy and I lost a Proteus. But it felt that good.

I think Goonswarm has been building a massive High Sec gank fest for many years now. After implanting scouts in all High Sec systems and gathering intel on the frequency and type of ships in the system, Goonswarm should have all of the intel that Goons needs to launch weekend long gank of all High Sec systems.

Sure would be fun. Non-Goonswarm chasing around flashy reds. It would be like the Battle of Endor.

Wow, yah, I bet it really felt good to finally DEFEAT the gankers.

Great job Dryson, you got us.

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

O I adapt its not about me its about the guys with 20 alt’s who gank and has to somehow pay for all 20.

O you are very welcome to try but you will need to bring friends, a lot of them.
Or maybe I’ll just bring the fight to you.

Goonswarm isn’t a high sec group if you want to kill them just to go to them where there is no concord lol.

Sounds like a song.

You sure do like losing proteus, don’t you @DrysonBennington .

3 Likes

Means he is playing the game.

1 Like

I’m actually very interested in this Cinderella of CCP’s ships. I have the skills to fit and fly one but have not been able to find a suitable niche for its use. Trawling Google results, it seems that many players regard it as ‘not a good ship’.

I also see their proffered reasoning, but I’m still curious. So, @DrysonBennington, can you give me a reason to hop in and fly one?

Serious request.

Btw if you guys want to hit safety gank their Bowheads full of catalysts just saw them moving 2 of them :]

Small gang tackle, the extended range from the subsystem enables you to stop people from warping and gives time for your fast tackle to get on them. It has a decent tank and high close range DPS. Perfect ship to leave at zero on the gate with a gang.

It sounds so simple, but it is not.

I know two AG players that multi-box to be able to do that, would need both of them on and have all their characters setup to gank. Without them I would have to organise a fleet of people, but then again how many of them would have a dedicated gank character, I have one, but many AG do not.

So while you threw that in as a suggestion, the reality of it all is that it is not going to happen from the AG side at least.

But I often wonder why some of the nullsec alliances that get preyed on by the gankers don’t do it, perhaps asking them would be better?

Sounds like you need to grow your anti-gank alliance, but yea it wont be easy.

FYI I have nothing to do with what ever you and Frosty has going on and if you need anything from him then you need to contact him directly via evemail

Githany has often detailed what they did to try to get people interested, it is terribly difficult to recruit people keen and able to do this, but the issue comes when they realise how difficult it is and how inherently boring it is, because when you organise a fleet and are ready the ganker can just log and all those people you organised to have some fun AG have nothing to do.

They did succeed as the ganker logged, but they had no fun and nothing to show for their efforts.

You have to be like Knowledgeminer in terms of dedication and very few can do that. I can’t! I don’t like him, but I do respect him a great deal, he knows his stuff and is effective and relentless, but there are hardly any with that type of skillset and attitude.

Amusingly the AG alliance I am in is in nullsec., and every so often a couple of the members do some AG, but in reality it is just the one player who multi-boxes all those Ospreys.

4 Likes

Thanks for that, Dracvlad. I will mull it over, but for solo use I imagine the options are limited. Maybe I need to embrace multiboxing, since it seems to be ‘the thing’ presently…

You can use it as a hunter killer for people running data or relic sites using smart bombs, some people use it in nullsec to take out shuttles and pods with smart bombs, if you want to solo, but it hardly sets the pulse racing.

3 Likes

And how hey gonna do that with their ospreys? They got the combined organisational skills and firepower of a Potato.

1 Like