The end is nigh. Gankers a dying breed

To watch paint dry?

Come SKINR with me, let’s SKINR, let’s SKINR away.

Once I get you out there, where the rendering is plentiful, just say the words and we can SKINR together starry eyed.

Once I get you out there, I’ll be holding you so very near

You just say those words and we’ll take our ship skins out together.

Pack up, let’s SKINR away
And don’t tell yo’aiko

/:grin: Uriel

2 Likes

I think he is (or might be) referring to the SKINR tool and rendering (or whatever the process is called) the SKINS made with them, which takes time, so in a sense literally watching paint dry. Just a guess though.

1 Like

51kLVPK7TIL.AC

Zaera Keena: Can I take the helm?
Felix Frostpacker: Sure, what could possibly go wrong?

images

eve_online_ice_harvesting_asldkn

Aura: Collision warning! Proximity alert!

Zaera Keena: This is how elite PvPers harvest ice.
Felix Frostpacker: Oh no, Maggie

the-sinking-of-the-titanic-graham-coton

1 Like

Do you know how weird and creepy that sounds? Like Silence of the Lambs’ Buffalo Bill levels of cringe.

Still not on the same level as someone who would gank ventures and barges in high sec. But still.

1 Like

Not sure if it makes a difference but for the record he originally wrote mine but changed it after my post below it. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Which is still better than those ventures and barges that allowed themselves to be ganked.

2 Likes

Secretly they love it

2 Likes

I think they do. After all, it’s not difficult to fly in a manner that doesn’t invite ganks.

2 Likes

But that would require paying attention to the game. How can I do that and watch netflix, or play call of duty at the same time?

No, I should be able to make isk with no risk whatsoever and without having to trade RL money for it.

Blimey!

Please tell me this is a joke.

I honestly didn’t think anyone but Dryson was that dense, so I do hope that was a joke.

I feel you are desperately in need of this handy tool:

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

You may want to take a minute to review my Zkillboard, and note that at one point I was actively involved in high-sec shenanigans, including, but not limited to ganking, baiting, MTU-hunting, and scamming.

Then I moved to low sec, where I engaged in low sec shenanigans such as interrupting faction warfare LP farmers, teaching new players that mining in low sec is dangerous, and pirating is a thing. Setting up traps for explorers at data and relic sites, etc.

Now I’m back in highsec and returned to hunting MTU’s and baiting mission runners.

I would not recommend doing any of these activities as they will result in your corporal imprisonment in a federal penitentiary. If I knew then what I know now, I wouldn’t be serving multiple consecutive lifetime sentences in the poke for blowing up pixilated internet spaceships.

Now, I said those things because I’ve literally had salty miners, both mineral and LP curse me out for blapping them while they were off watching Netflix or playing some other game.

1 Like

I found it rather amusing that you ended up explaining that, blimey…

I do wonder, do you think all the gank victims believe what you suggested, or a small minority? Also asking for a friend?

1 Like

Don’t be daft. Everyone knows that CoD kiddies don’t AFK , they also believe that the game revolves around them, are entitled to easy kills, and love mom jokes. Most of them can’t even count to purple

2 Likes

I sold many, many Permits, Dracvlad. For the belt-miner in Highsec, Greed trumps Caution every time.

People paid you protection money, well played sir. Blackflag do it, at a much more grandiose level :stuck_out_tongue:

But is that really greed, or just a desire to be left alone? Wanting to be left alone in Eve is a bit of a silly thing to be honest, but I think it was more that than greed.

Do allow me my little comforts in my advancing age, Dracvlad.

In some cases it was probably ‘Go Away!’ But there were those who genuinely thought they were buying protection - and getting rid of me. In those early days I was more of a bumper; it’s a better mechanic for selling Permits. I might go back to it, you know. Better suits my adrenalin-averse modern temperament.

Yes, they wanted me to go away - but only so that their harvesting activities would enable them to rake in as much Veldspar as possible (it was always Veld).

So, I suppose we’re both right?

1 Like

Not all of them. But enough of them actually believe this to the point I never truly know if someone is joking or not unless they’re one of the more vocal gankers.

I don’t know Ax’l well enough yet to make that call immediately like I do others here. :grin: