The event duration period is way too short for newcomers like me

Also the event right is not worth it, for now at least.

The event is losing it’s shine for me at this point. Mostly because I have all the collectibles I want. I’m gonna keep running them to the end though because I really like skins as loot. I have most of those at this point too.

All in all though… I enjoyed it a lot.

If you get a spare Men Proper Dapper Outfit, I’d be happy haha. I’m gonna do the most exploration sites that I can and crossing fingers for being very lucky and get it.

1 Like

I’ve made note. If I find one, it’s yours.

The market gives and the market takes away. In Jita, right now, you can buy the Men’s and Women’s Propper Dapper Outfits for 3.5 Bil for the Men’s and 2.5 Bil for the Women’s.

So if you want to spend REAL money on plex, you can have the suits. Yeah. CCP wins a round of EVE.

I didn’t even check the price on the Dapper outfit. wow. There are so few on the market, it may not be in the loot tables for the event sites. It may only enter the market when someone buys the special package, and themselves cashes out for ISK, by putting it up for sale in Jita.

Actually it’s the opposite, this skin isn’t for sale with any pack but only obtainable in-game, in t3 sites I guess

I posted about this in a different thread shortly after the event started.

I’m not particularly biased for or against crossover events like this, but it’s obvious that since we’re having it, we might as well have it for longer than two weeks.

@CCP_Rattati you should see if you can extend it for a few weeks so that newer players can actually experience this. We’ve seen a slight uptick in new character creations, so why not keep it going?

1 Like

All right. Dapper outfits not even in the advertised packs. The drop chance must be very low. Don’t expect I’ll ever see one :wink:

1 Like

The issue here is that only experienced players can try their luck to loot the skin, but the skin will mostly attract doctor who fans. So even if you wanted to get some of these to make money, you have to believe that doctor who fans will stay and play a couple of years to get enough money to buy it ;
and as a doctor who fan, you have to believe that there will still be some of these to buy by the time you get enough money. Which means that there is probably three groups, those who stopped playing the event, those who can’t succeed t2 + sites but keep doing exploration sites, and maybe a few players who try to farm the most items they can to sell them afterwards.

On the bright side (at least for me) I signed up because of Doctor Who but am staying because of EVE, but I agree.

I would have liked more time as a new player to try the event.

2 Likes

I was thinking about that too. How does a new player take advantage of the event… without spending a bunch of cash on PLEX or using the “rent-skills” system?
I don’t understand those decisions sometimes.

The thing is even by spending cash ( I bought a starter pack when I started a week before the event and a nebula pack when event launched) to be omega, I still need 15 - 25 days of skills training to do t2+ combat sites. And the only “solution” would be to buy the Training booster pack to get 1,5 Million SP.

But I’m most certainly gonna keep playing and learning skills after the event in the hope that another would come this year.

Events happen all the time. It’s just that the next event isn’t going to be Dr. Who-themed (or ever again). But you’ll still be able to buy the collector items from other players on the market.

The events I’ve genuinely enjoyed (and I’m a PvP player, and care very little for PvE) are the ones that happen around Easter and Halloween, where we hunt down special NPCs in open space for site keys.

2 Likes

Actually I’m expecting them to run other Doctor Who events, now that they started and if it turns out to be successful for CCP and BBC, they would have reasons to keep doing these.
And give me and other Doctor Who fans more reasons to stay playing

At most, you might see an annual re-appearance of this strange phenomenon called a warp convergence. That would make sense given many other seasonal recurring events. They are never exactly the same, game designers like experimenting.

One example: “The Hunt” aka Gur-Easter (Guristas pirates focus). The March 2018 event saw players running combat event sites, finding / collecting / turning in mysterious “Compressed Capsule Shell” (aka ‘eggs’ - an egg hunt, lol)

1 Like

Yes it would make sense, and it would be a shame not to use again the beautiful convergence sites they designed.

It all depends if the idea is to play for years to come or jump ship six months in.
There are some interesting ships in this game and it can take months to get into but the ship doesn’t make the pilot, there are 5 levels of mastery for each ship, I think they’re not there by coincidence. Each level can take up to a month, that’s on top of the skill you waited to fly it. A lot of those skills help for others ships in their class, not counting the modules.
EVE is a game that demands commitment in the long term, as such I don’t see why I can’t wait for those skills to finish while I do some exploration and ratting, a mission here or there and learn a few things before I get an expensive ship blown up while I can trash those 700k ships and not cry like a baby.

Hey Dusty - welcome to EVE!

Very glad to hear that you’re enjoying the Interstellar Convergence event. While the event is meant to be accessible for newer players like yourself, the more challenging rooms are definitely geared toward veterans as well. I’ve watched some very seasoned explorers fail some Huge/Massive cans in the Enigmatic/Mysterious sites. But don’t worry! I’ve also watched the Dapper suit drop from a medium can - so the best loot isn’t out of reach.

The skills you learn - both SP and tactics - will definitely be helpful for a wide array of content across New Eden and throughout other events as they happen through YC124 and beyond.

5 Likes

Hi, thank you very much, and yes I’m having lot of fun even if sometimes it’s frustrating and thrilling at the same time when you’re trying to hack your last can before the timer runs out and you’re leaving the site just 10 seconds before it collapses. It gives a real feeling of risk / benefit gambling and I love it.
And yes, I understand that t2 and t3 sites are more for veterans than new players, I’m already happy to get cool skins and funny items from my favourite tv show, it’s just that when you like something you always want more of it :slight_smile:
No matter what I’m gonna hack relics and fight daleks as much as I can for the remaining days, and keep growing, mastering and getting stronger, just in case they would come back in the future.

1 Like