The Federation Dares to be Great Again

The Federation can’t truly be great until pockets are plentiful and opaque.

3 Likes

It’s also scientifically true. Denying reality isn’t a good way to ‘prevent racism’. There are other ways.

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Do you think denying a reality will work for very long?

People aren’t stupid, Melisma.

1 Like

No, I think you’re missing the point.

Comically so, as illustrated by my emoji.

2 Likes

You said acknowledging facts about virology is ‘how racism starts’.

Suggesting that we should obscure facts about genetic differences on issues such as virology.

Which not only won’t work, but if that ideology of yours influences the science itself, it will get people killed.

1 Like

While it is a fact that certain genetic populations are more predisposed or resistant to various different medical conditions, these days we can simply look at the genetics of individuals, rather than at what population they are part of, to determine risk factors and such, which allows for far more precision and accuracy.

3 Likes

This is true, but genetic heuristics save time and money in more economically distressed areas with poor medicine.

I grew up in such an environment, so I know this.

1 Like

The quote in question is this:

It’s not about virology; they only mention ‘diseases’ as an example. It’s about different peoples, different cultures and classes, having different capacities, and said peoples being revered or dismissed due to those capacities. This, as I say, is the root of racism.

It’s what powers not only Amarrian ideas of the Reclaiming, but also in State classism an their all-important societal ladders, and to actually address this topic (because veering off-topic is only cute when talking about fashion), it’s what happens in Federation when discussing periods of “greatness.” As was more artfully said already, great for whom?

Dividing people along these lines, whether on a scientific basis or otherwise, does far more harm than it does good, and embracing these ideas of race- or culture-based ability is the first step on the path of deciding that some folks are just lesser.

As well as fewer racial implications.

4 Likes

Fair.

She never said that though, you’re inferring it. At least she never said any group is objectively superior and inferior, and thus should not necessarily revere or dismiss any group. It’s actually in the post you’re slandering.

1 Like

She literally says “certain people are good at certain things.” It’s in the post you’re misreading.

But hey, we all live in our own realities, right? Where words mean different things depending on what’s convenient?

3 Likes

She also said this. But yeah I guess you really do live in your own little reality, where explicitly going out of your way to make sure nobody misinterprets your statement as supremacist, warrants being mislabeled as such anyway. Go witch hunt somewhere else.

1 Like

Hey man, you’re the one who started down this road.

Saying “I’m not saying anyone is inferior or superior” right after saying that people are inferior and superior does not erase the context of the message.

1 Like

Tall people are better at looming over others like a COLOSSUS.

My comm unit capitalised that for some reason.

2 Likes

No, I’m not the person who started this.

And no, she said people were different, not that some people were better. You really need to get your head checked.

1 Like

Huh, would you look at that. An unsolicited reply with your name on it.

Also, questioning intellectual ability is basically a way of saying “I’ve lost the thread of my debate but I can’t let myself admit it.”

2 Likes

This is a public forum, all replies are solicited.

And this isn’t a debate, you’re not making points, you’re just slandering someone. They say “people are different”, you say “You’re a supremacist”. That’s not debate, that’s slander.

1 Like

I think you misunderstand the difference between “solicited” and “allowed.”

And you seem awfully offended by this “slander” that isn’t even directed at you. Seems personal.

1 Like

Jason is one of the least objectionable people I know.

2 Likes