The first highsec system flipped!

I suppose they will get our trig systems as well, so it’s a give and take.

EDIT: the only reason I could image is, that they plan some handcrafted redesign to the systems, which would be too much effort to do and manage separately for both servers.

nah as long they keep with this scryno bs

To be clear: this is all a theory that has not been proven. Last I heard there are discrepancies between TQ and Serenity - but something does seem to be wonky about Edencom fortress systems across the two servers, based on relayed data from Serenity players.

I haven’t heard about Serenity inheriting the TQ final lim systems, other than maybe Raravoss?

Last update I saw, only Raravoss. But every single Fortress of their side got copied to TQ. The likelihood this is just coincidence is minimal.

The only other explanation … the whole event is staged, and the most systems outcome was fixed from the beginning.

It’s also very possibly a part of the event seed that certain systems were always going to go to EDENCOM regardless of player efforts, and certain systems were always going to go to Trigs, but everything else is player driven. The lack of matching Final Lim systems suggests this theory is actually the case, with Raravoss destined to be the ‘hub’ of the ongoing Trig presence at the end of the event.

Edit: you edited in the same idea, so, yeah. Pretty sure a certain level of content is actually staged to ensure the Trigs get a bare minimum foothold, and that EDENCOM similarly has some core operating areas long-term - players still shape the future, but are not able to render then entire invasion moot.

All of the above is why I wish we had a true log of system changes - if the fortresses happened at the same time on both servers, then it wouldn’t be a matter of effects being copied over, it would be the scripted progression occurring as scheduled on both servers.

The main issue is … the complete lack of communication. The developers are explicitly not allowed to speak.

2 Likes

About anything…

Well, maybe just here in the Official Forums. They seem pretty vocal on Reddit, Twitter and Facebook.

Kybernaut Claude…

He could be a recruitment mascot for the Trigs.

Or as they would put it, their “outward aspected biological otherwhense cromulator Kybernaut interfraction enablizer”

First of many. Niarja flipped today. Lots of tears from carebears.

2 Likes

NIARJA HAVE FALLEN

2 Likes

2 Likes
2 Likes

I find it interesting, that across these forums on this topic, the only people who seem to have an issue with Rorqs in highsec, are gankers…

1. If your a Ganker, Your a criminal. So in Empire space, your opinion is irrelevant.

2. The real problem over all is that the punishment for committing crimes in highsec is not even remotely in line with the rewards. IE you can spend 25 million, gank a freighter and make billions. And the consequence is simple that you take a small standings hit. Which literally does nothing and has no real purpose as the standing system doesn’t lock you out of highsec when it gets low enough. Sure the “police” might try and shoot you, on gates. but you can still dock as long as your not flashy, especially with private stations.

So all of the things in place which at one point were semi effective, are now pointless and useless systems with no consequence.

EvE is supposed to be about choices, and consequences. And while the “Law abiding Denizens” of EvE suffer these every day. The criminals roam free to do whatever they want with no consequence whatsoever.

I am all for content. But lets be real, there is literally no downside to being a criminal and ganking people. Which says that the current criminal system in place is completely unbalanced.

I think a severe overhaul of the Highsec crime system is needed to balance this out.

2 Likes

I don’t think you’ll be ganking a freighter for an investment of $25 million. Maybe a couple dozen players investing $25 million each

1 Like

Well yeah. These are a pita to kill even unfettered in 0.0.

But a tin foil theory I have is this complicates that whole book of James RP they have.

I’d see 0.0 flooding high sec to avoid having to send low end mins lol. MIne that local to have the jf’s carry more of the good stuff.

Creates fun questions. LIke…Okay, where is the evil carebear? Behind the imperium mining fleet?

I mean we get that now. Some in empire insurgency systems need to see who killed them. That “pirate” could be a very bored 0.0 dude slumming it lol.

Not true. I used to run like 6 rorqual accounts. I know how stupidly easy it is to make ISK with rorquals.

Gankers are players too.

Youre not going to gank a FREIGHTER, with 25 million isk worth of ships. Freighters - EVE University Wiki

However, if you are talking about regular, small haulers like an Iteron, then yes, you can gank it with 25 million. But there are two things to consider:

1. You will always lose your ship. You are gaurunteed to lose the amount youve invested in the ship.
  2. You will not always get the Billions of isk.

So, based on a gauruntee of losing the ship, but not a gauruntee of getting any payout, this is the risk that Gankers take.

No, they lose their ship, gaurunteed. This is the consequence of ganking.

Not sure how someone managed to bump a 3 year old thread, but its interesting how CCP seems to have learned nothing in those 3 years

Agreed! (“Holy thread resurrection Batman!”)

It’s the domino effect from Niarja fall, it will alwasy resurrect it’s self

2 Likes