The Future of Eve, and why hasn't there been anything new in 10 years?

FYI, I’ve been a member of this community for over 14 years and will continue to be a member up to the day CCP shuts down the servers.

No, not at all…

Nobody is going to chase me away like they’ve done to countless other regular posters…

4 Likes

True, but it kinda seems accurate, EVE has been eroding away because it get boring with this old stale model that doesn’t really evolve. I bet every new player that signs up stays for years right? nah, no they don’t.

I bet all those posts from “concerned players” over the years are your alts, to create an echo chamber to change the game to something you like.

1 Like

No, I don’t think it’s worth anyone’s time re-reading your post. I won’t dance like a monkey for your entertainment.

Fact is you got a massive ego, are telling me to learn Eves history when you have hypocritically skipped out on doing exactly that yourself, and conveniently ignore the fact that SiSi is by definition a PvE only server with extremely limited consensual PvP. You jump straight to semantic games — a losing move in arguments — to take pot shots at me. Who cares if it is called a „public test realm“ or PTR historically, the ground truth is it’s exactly what you want.

I still stand by what I said before:

You’ve barged into a community you’re out of touch with, told everyone they are wrong, declared your ideas are the right one, and are whiny and salty when called out on it. It’s pretty anti-social behavior by any internet community standards. @Kezrai_Charzai said the exact same thing in kinder words early on in the thread, but at this point you can expect only decreasing kindness from the community as your entitled attitude continues to grow out of control by whatever inflated ego drove you to make these posts in the first place.

Your ideas aren’t new and they are terrible.

10 Likes

This is untrue

3 Likes

@Orion_Rex OP too long, move sec system round so yu can avoid risk is wat it propose no need write book fer simple bad idea = only PvP when I want: is not multiplayer pvp in EVE yu undock git ready to git dokked.

Patrols?? Yu call in SWAT for pixels? Bad idea. CONCORD is allready bad idea.

More cops?? Instal a phone in capsule so yu can call 911.
Yur ship can hav diplomatic flag wid lisence plate that read

If you say so

2 Likes

The Prophet encourages the original capsuleer to make their own way in the world.

Do not wait for your overlords to give you tasks. Make your own.

You could spend years worming your way into the hearts and minds of a trusting corp, only to betray them and take everything.

Only you won’t. You lack drive. You lack discipline.

And that is why you do not deserve anything you cry for in this communication.

4 Likes

Personally it wouldn’t bother me to see hi-sec being made completely safe, as you seem to want, as long as you remove the ability to earn any isk. What you can’t have is the ability to generate income with absolutely no risk because it will completely break the economy with people afk farming 24/7.

If you just want to chill out and mine then presumably this would be acceptable, or is it simply that you want to earn isk risk free rather than it actually being about enjoying the mining/pve experience?

1 Like

What an utterly ludicrous complaint. The whole frikin idea of of Eve is that you are never safe undocking. You have to be ready for action at all times. That literally is the game. The idea that CCP should ever introduce a ’ not tonight, Josephine’ (*) button because you are too tired or can’t be bothered is just a game destroying notion…not a helpful one.

(*) A famous quote from Napoleon Bonaparte, for those who don’t know.

4 Likes

In that link the table directly contradicts the chart. I trust that data about as much as I do this really friendly chap I met in Jita offering me to double my isk…

Yah MMOs are not on the bleeding edge of new gameplay. Alot of these games are just unique enough to stay relevant…

Why don’t MMOs get overtaken by smaller studios faster? It’s due to funding and uncertainty that a mass amount of people will populate the new game. So, these current MMOs on the market grow complacent and do what they can to spice things up every now and then.

I have looked to single player games to find new gameplay worlds. Then sometimes looking towards the good ole established areas of FPS/MOBA can fill that void also.

• Star Trek Online = kept alive by the many space fans clinging onto what’s left of that ancient engine :laughing:
  • Warframe = Kept alive by awesome graphics and loyal fans.
  • EVE online = Still kicking after 20 years! Kept alive by awesome graphics and loyal fans.
  • Elite Dangerous = Clinging onto life. Kept alive by its unique concept of a 1:1 galaxy. Not as graphically advanced as Warframe or EVE but still better than STO.
  • Star Citizen = kept alive by pure funding of the rich people who play it.

Feel free to add more as I likely missed a whole bunch.

None of these MMOs are on the bleeding edge of content. Single-player games are! (Falling Frontier, Homeworld 3, Starfield, Stellaris, and a few more) People need to stop trying to convince themselves that MMOs are the best gameplay out there because more or less their core gameplay has been the same since day 1. OP and others are looking in the wrong market for their videogames.

4 Likes

I hear ya m8 !

It’s not only that CCP didn’t added anything to the game in the past 10 years , they also took everything from the g@me . You see, for the past 16 yrs m8 I’ve been mining in a system in null , wanted to come back to the game , spawned in the same system just in my ship and landed in the middle of nowhere . The station was gone and the asteroid belts also , there was just this beacon … desolate asteroid belt or smh … warp me ship there , but had to go afk m8 . Gee … when I came b@ck the rats killed it. I guess it was too late to come back.

First, welcome back, Capsuleer.

Second, you should have really started this with “Dear Santa”.

Just curious, you took a decade long hiatus, but how long did you play before you cloaked up?

–Curious Gadget

This is just wrong, Elite may not appeal to everyone but graphically it is a noticeable upgrade over EvE. Way higher poly counts, proper high res textures, and some breath taking effects. This isn’t to put EvE to shame, I just wish EvE would release higher res textures, playing on a 2K monitor, many ships and stations are very pixelated and look almost cartoonish now.

2 Likes

To each their own. I got a 2022 gaming laptop with 240 Hz display/RTX 3070 and ill put EVE/Warframe in the same bucket from my POV. But I am not that technical with graphics as you mention, and you have a monitor, and I am on a gaming laptop.

I am quite curious mind sharing a screenshot? I thought CCP has been working on better textures for pretty much everything? My EVE looks beautiful and w/o the insane heating unlike Elite Dangerous. But we can go down this rabbit hole forever that strays from my original point. :laughing: I am really excited for the upcoming viridian stuff as I fly a kronos.

2 Likes

Just getting ready for work atm, I’ll take a screenshot when I get off later.

EDIT:
Just popped in game real quick and took this screenie, the station looks absolutely awful.

CCP’s remodels and some of the newer ships released have a decent poly count and high res textures but so much of the assets in game are still using 10+ year old models and textures and as such look really dated.

3 Likes

And another alt poster attacks…

Anyway, you’d lose big on that bet.

My point is that your assumptions are as baseless as mine are in that regard, I kinda expected that to go right over your head.

1 Like

Plus one :heart: for the masterful use of forum catnip. This thread is going to be great. I can feel it.

Thank you, OP.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

1 Like