The game withiout content

Today I caught myself on the fact that I again for a long time fly through empty space in which absolutely nothing happens. Moreover, even in systems with an average of high activity of NPCs and players. When I was just starting to play, I had a task to fly to the belt and dig up ores. With grief, I figured out how to warp on the belt and upon arriving I found … nothing. On the other - and again nothing. To another system and again nothing. And I started asking stupid questions to people who were incompetent to answer them. But it turns out to be elementary - belts appear after downtime, after which they are promptly sucked out by huge fleets, and the training points for newcomers are no exception, and what the fleets did not suck, then NPCs slowly get them. They get it so that long before the next downtime there is absolutely nothing left on the belts. So please tell me - is it a game or is it some kind of institution that works from 8.00 to 17.00 Atlantic time? Because if it’s still a round-the-clock game and is available to all players regardless of time zone, it’s absolutely incomprehensible to me why I, who live on the west coast of the Pacific Ocean, cannot play it in the same way as the players living closer to the Atlantic do. So that you understand - according to my local time, DT occurs at 21.00, I can play for 1 hour, because I have to go to bed, because tomorrow I have to work.I understand the players of massively populated parts of the planet sleep when I have day and evening, but the game is, but NPCs and other game content, why is it frozen? Why can’t you make another DT to divide the day into 12 hours, so that the game doesn’t have such a dull rot? I hate DT, it always happens exactly at the time when I play, but if this game cannot do otherwise, and even more so cannot limit itself to one DT and ensure its normal functioning, I ask for a second DT!

2 Likes

It would take a team of CCP developers six months to change the asteroid spawn mechanic.

1 Like

Well, EU time players probably have it better off, but I’ve seen a lot of ore still around late a night. It does appear, however, that certain systems are hit harder than others (both by players, and NPC fleets). Thus, I suggest looking for systems that consistently have ore late into the evening.

Past that, I don’t know if there are any sort of technical limitations, but I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask for belts to spawn throughout the day.

Well, if you want to be a highsec miner, then it’s a grind.

There are plenty of other options in the game though, that provide substantially more consistent and more engaging content.

OP: “I want to mine, so you need to do 2 downtimes to cater to what I want!”

As you may have noticed, CCP has been nerfing all forms of income generation across the game, including mining. I don’t think they’re going to be interested, at this point, in doing something like this designed specifically to increase mining outputs.

3 Likes

This game is not worth the time or money anymore. Absolutely heartbreaking to see what the DEVS have done to this game.

4 Likes

And yet here you are

1 Like

Yes I still have accounts paid for but they will be running out. 5 of those accounts don’t do much but log in for the rewards and log off. The only active account I use plays long enough to get the required alliance PAP’s and then I log off. What made my part of the EVE sandbox fun is gone and if CCP had been honest with its customers, I would have UN-subbed the day of the ORE change. CCP lied and said this ORE change was only temporary, which effected my choice to wait it out. I now see that my choice was a bad one and had CCP been honest with its customers, I would not even be here right now. What your reason for being on the forums besides trolling?

3 Likes

Let the players decide for themselves which content they find more interesting. The question is why it is tied to the time of day. Thank you.

2 Likes

I am only the first who said this. This shouldn’t bother you, as the second DT will be when you sleep.

1 Like

Yes, I am also sure that discrimination against players by time zones is much more in their interests. I just wanted to remind it.

1 Like

So they can reseed stuff N number of times for N major timezone to fix it?

1 Like

I came here for the first time. Russian technical support advised.

I’m a player, so I did decide.

2 Likes

Same here, bro. It’s supposed to be temporary and then get better. Where’s the ■■■■■■■ better?

2 Likes

Right now is better. Eve is not for the lazy, when CCP changes something, change with them. I’ve been having zero issues the past 10 years making quality profits, hisec, losec, WH, it doesn’t matter.

Have you seen that Crokite has a raw mineral isk/m3 value of over 600 and is all over mostly empty LoSec?

3 Likes

I cant change my sleep routine or my kids schools time .

3 Likes

This has always been a huge and glaring problem, not even consistent with any sort of reality.

If it were up to me belts would be HUGE things, sparser in ore, reseeded hourly from roids that are pulled in by gravity, and generally dangerous to be in for the chance of getting smashed by roids flying around. Some belts would be more dangerous than others though and how dangerous would be essentially random and not tied to ore value or anything like that either.

I would also tie ice mining to random comets coming through. Those would get mined out in the end. But you would be able to see them like perhaps an hour or two before they come into range to warp to, making scouting for them make more sense than now. Now you can scout for them in a fast ship, but if you don’t have a mining ship close by, good luck getting there before the ice is gone.

But having this all tied to a once a day mechanic was never adequate, and having botters and NPC fleets sucking everything up at that time is just a pile of excrement.

2 Likes

It feels like they’re unlikely to increase wealth gain anytime soon. Too many old players want the nostalgia of a decade ago, and have whined and cried for so long about how “easy” things are now, that ccp made the choice to double down on the idea of being a niche game.
They brag about how many new players every year, but then admit 90% of them quit within the first week.
Many of those that remain are just alts. I don’t necessarily fault them for that. New email supposedly means new player. I have so many accounts that I have to use 5 emails and multiple computers to even keep all of them on launcher.
45 per launcher. 1 launcher per computer.
So for their statistics, I make up 4 brand new players. I’m not the only one that does this.

The point is, every month it appears the launcher shows fewer and fewer people logged in. 3 years ago, 40k+. Now, hovering between 20k to 33k, depending on the time.
A portion of those have only come back for the current null war, as mentioned in several threads.
Seems the community likes large wars, but ccp wants to limit them by reducing isk and resources to field the war.
They enjoy increased revenue they lose when they hemorrhage players, by the remaining players buying plex or making omega alts.
It’s really the only way to survive through the scarcity “phase”.

Eve isn’t dead, and hopefully will be around at least another couple of decades. However, it does appear that they’re putting some effort into reducing the hardware and staff required to host this game.
It seems counter productive, unless the goal is to eventually move on completely from eve.

2 Likes