The greatest Blog in EVE history is coming to a close

It isn’t as much of a handicap as you might imagine.

2 Likes

Are you sure?

:red_circle:

5 Likes

Clear and utter bollocks.

5 Likes

Imagine if CCP had announced this:

“We will erect a statue of the first player who visits every system in New Eden. We will track everyone’s progress and announce the winner. Go!”

That would have been how you do it properly in an MMO - and it wouldn’t have taken ten years, either. The Katia Sae thing was just a (successful) publicity stunt by CCP.

1 Like

In WOW, maybe. But not in a sandbox. That would not be player generated content. I’m surprised you don’t understand that after all these years.

3 Likes

Especially if you’re into midgets

James 315 needs no token monument from CCP, he has already ensured his lasting legacy within EVE, a legacy you will be reminded of every time a carebear gets exploded, from now until the server finally goes dark. James’ name will continue to elicit the same flavour of butthurt we have seen in this thread (and countless others before it) for many years to come.

3 Likes

Pretty sure. The red dots are far too epic a troll to be the product of casual moronism. Unless of course… they actually meant it.

1 Like

How …
… do you know?

1 Like

@Katia_Sae just thought you’d wanna see this.

1 Like

Good riddance.

1 Like

CODE IS GONE!!!

NO MORE OF THOSE CODE JERK IDIOTS!

AT LAST!

SPREAD THE WORD! TELL EVERYONE!

:two_hearts: :two_hearts: :birthday: :sun_with_face: :rainbow: :tada: :tada: :hearts: :fiestaparrot:

1 Like

No need for the carebears to have CODE. set to negative standing now.

3 Likes

Bit too late, still they’ll be back.

I have nothing but respect for James 315 and Code. Like EvE-Scout/Signal Cartel, the alliance and corp that I’m a member of, I respect all play styles. Over the 17 years I’ve been a player of EvE Online, I’ve taken the opportunity to at least dabble in most playstyles, but I always found my way back to exploration where my heart was at. Some play styles I don’t necessarily understand, but from day one given the sandbox nature of EvE, I knew that the game was anything that I wanted to make of it and therefore, it was anything that someone else wanted to make of it as well. It’s a beautiful game where we can see the highest of highs and the lowest of lows that humanity has to offer. Where each of us fall on that scale is up to us to decide and all are valid given the nature of this sandbox universe that we play in.

I know what’s it’s like to maintain a blog for 10 years, which I did documenting my journey along the way. It’s retired now, but still up for the sake of EvE history. It takes hard work and dedication, especially over these last few years as blog popularity has been on the decline while other social platforms have taken off. As a society it seems we no longer wish to take the time to read, but would rather get our information in bite sized junks, but I’m getting off topic and that’s better left to be debated elsewhere.

As to whether or not a statue is in order, I have no opinion, as someone else pointed out it’s rather subjective and ultimately up to CCP to decide. For myself, it was never something that even crossed my mind as a possibility. My only hope was that the achievement was acknowledged and once it was, everything that came after was a complete shock and surprise. However, if you want to understand the reasons why CCP decided to honor my achievement in the manner in which they did, you can watch CCP Fozzie’s talk at EVEsterdam. (1h 40m mark if the link doesn’t work). I think what really sealed it was the excitement it generated within CCP beyond the developers themselves.

To James 315 and Code, I salute you. You have my respect and I’ve no doubt that Code will continue to influence the game as they have over the years. Just look at the discussions and observations in this thread and it’s hard to deny that they’ve not. I hope the hard work on the blog just doesn’t disappear and will remain online as long as it’s feasibly possible to do so for the sake of EvE history that it contains for this game that we all enjoy, no matter your playstyle.

o7

22 Likes

Lies! It’s once again save to undock the blingedout Hulk!! Don’t you tell them otherwise!

2 Likes

Not like a new badguy faction won’t pop up sooner or later anyway.

Next will be MTU bashing corp. Mark my words.

1 Like

Isn’t the fact that CODE has impacted many people suggest that James 315 doesn’t NEED a monument?

For the CODE supporters out there: “the wrecks of catalysts and orcas and the tears of highsec care bears are the only monument needed for the savior of Highsec”

For the CODE haters out there: “well, he didn’t get the monument. keep up, set CODE to red, not be AFK, and look in local. (or you can buy a mining permit but I won’t advocate it)”

The blog was fine. Pretty much the only eve blog I visit (because it’s the only blog I know please recommend some more I’ll read Katia’s). Some of it was pretty funny (and I don’t think they were fake, especially with the KBs out in the open and the character age. it takes a lot of effort just for a blog)

Hmmm… Just wonder why it had to end. The 8 year thing? Well, CODE is still here so it doesn’t match up, and having no blog just decreases content without doing anything useful. Dunno, maybe someone else could renovate it? Start minerganking.com or something?

Ok.

1 Like

There will be another reincarnation for sure.

Ganking existed long before CODE, it just was not as well documented :slight_smile:. Weather somebody else has the same staying Power I don’t know, but EVE players are creative and I am sure the next iterations are already brewing.

I don’t think anybody needs a statue.

3 Likes

I always assumed Aiko would take over when James finally decided to quit. I guess not.