The Hunt is now live!

About to give up. Been flying around 0.5 and up for 2 hours and have yet to catch even a glimpse of one. This doesn’t seem worth it.

2 Likes

So they make an event, they write a few sentences. That’s it.
Being a pay per month subscription game, this is really rude and disrespectful for the players! You should start investing some damn minutes in writing about events and offer some guides for the stupid “newbies” like me.
Crowd Control Productions do you want to control your crowd and make some money or you are just shooting useless events?

10 Likes

my plan is to log on later, closer to downtime but not after it, I was on an hour after downtime and dscanned a bunch of pod wrecks so its probably just all the masses trying it, maybe even after a few days most people will stop and they will be more abundant

3 hours, zero capsules… definitely not worth spending the time.

It is actually pretty funny that CCP doesn’t hype their events more. We used to have Dev Blogs all the time where they talked about what they were doing. Now it is like they scribble a couple of lines on a paper napkin.

4 Likes

You can just dscan the pods. In the site they scram, web, neut, etc you so be prepared for that. Pretty much if you are using lasers you are dead unless you have a cap booster.

1 Like

Very good job on the event! Excellent.

The way how you introduced D-scan into the event is fantastic.

From new player perspective, it might be challenging that the event capsules must be added to your overview in order to D-scan them. Since they must know about it and also they must know how to do it. But they can ask and learn how to work with overview.

4 Likes

Ive found a few capsules now, my issue is finding the sites - assuming they are being done pretty quickly at the moment

1 Like

AAR to the sites:

You can find the capsules on dscan, just make sure you go into overview settings and add “Irregular Capsule” to it.

You can find the sites on the probe scanner as a combat anomaly, you don’t need to scan them, just like regular ratting sites, called Gurista Hunt smth. Sites spawn 4-5 waves of NPC’s, first 2 waves destroyers and frigates. Frigates scram, neut and web. Last spawns will spawn a cruiser, either a blackbird or a caracals and some more small stuff. Final room spawns a single frigate, the model of it is a Termite (caldari heavy fighter) hits like a fighter btw. Scrams, webs and neuts. I died to it in a dual rep astero, had no idea what to expect :slight_smile:

3 Likes

this event is a totally useless idea, if it’s the best you can then …
:unamused:

2 Likes

Why don’t they just give us accelerators?

1 Like

Going back to mining, i would have made more money in those last 3h than looking for capsule and it’s not that i didn’t find any they we’re just alway empty already :unamused:

3 Likes

I found a site, tried it with an ishkur. Managed first wave, but then came another and that’s more than the little frig could handle. I just barely got rid of the ones in that wave scram’ing me and i got out of there deep in armour, capacitor empty during warpout, all drones in hull. The rats immediately switch aggro to drones, so drone frigs are really useless here.
This is absolutely not something for new players to try, not even the average player like me. I will not try to run any of these sites again, not worth it. Yet another complete ccp failure imo.

6 Likes

I completed it in a daredevil… hour and a half searching for 400k of loot…

5 Likes

Dont bother, finding the pods takes time, then finding the gates takes time, then if someone has been in site you will still lose your key for using gate aka go find another pod. Colossal waste of time. Thinks its part of the reduce isk strategy running Abysmalls is faster isk.

6 Likes

I have a poorly fitted Raven here -> N5Y-4N VII - Moon 20 - Guristas Logistic Support
Might need to sneak a few modules and fittings up north for this.

What does a Raven have to do with anything?

3 Likes

It’s the only ship I have up there and that I will thought I would also need to fit a probe a mobile deport and some fittings to fly it as there is not much in the way of items on the market up north that I would have access too.

Guristas Pirates scare me ever since they once podded me that time long ago.

I mean that’s nice, but meanwhile we’re in a thread about an event where you can’t use bigger than a destroyer, and the largest hostile group is a single cruiser and a few frigs.

Well, that’s not cool at all.

That info definitely should have been included in the announcement.

2 Likes